Ideal World put up for sale

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peterborough's Ideal Shopping Direct under new ownership after sale ...

The company, of Newark Road and which employs about 800 people, has been bought by pan-European asset manager Aurelius

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...under-new-ownership-after-sale-deal-1-8577873

The selling of Ideal Shopping Direct was a time limited offer and Aurelius were therefore advised to "Just buy it!". I believe it was a leveraged buyout financed on flexi-pay. Peter Simon is expected to be appointed as head of corporate ethics.

The selling of Ideal Shopping Direct was a time limited offer and Aurelius were therefore advised to "Just buy it!". I believe it was a leveraged buyout financed on flexi-pay. Peter Simon is expected to be appointed as head of corporate ethics.

Ha Ha :mysmilie_19:

I bet Aurelius paid less for Ideal World than they charge for an iPad 3 :mysmilie_59:

2FDBC875-787E-40E8-8BEA-44EC9111FEA7.jpg74502A01-34F3-49FF-A87A-06F30437AFDB.jpg

Quote from the above article - - - - - >

Richard Lloyd, exec director of Which? added: "It's unbelievable that companies would add insult to injury by charging their customers a premium to make a complaint.

To be fair to them they do have a standard rate tel no published on their website, although not the most prominently displayed.I missed it first time myself and used the 13p per min etc

"If you have a problem with your product or wish to cancel your order please call 0330 3321300"

http://www.idealshoppingdirect.co.uk/aurelius-acquires-ideal-shopping-direct/

Looks like changes will be made:
Following the acquisition, Aurelius will work alongside the company’s existing management team to implement a transformation programme focused on driving operational improvement at the business, boost its UK brand recognition and enhance the breadth and quality of its customer offering.

http://www.idealshoppingdirect.co.uk/aurelius-acquires-ideal-shopping-direct/

Looks like changes will be made:
Following the acquisition, Aurelius will work alongside the company’s existing management team to implement a transformation programme focused on driving operational improvement at the business, boost its UK brand recognition and enhance the breadth and quality of its customer offering.

I think it might've already started, the other day I bought two Sugar Crisp dresses, there was one colour left so I though I'd get that too but didn't want to pay the p&p again so I used the on line chat, which is there on the checkout page, to answer any querys before you buy. The assistant answered in less than a minute, she was polite, friendly and without any ummimg or ahhhing she was quite happy to put £5 credit on to my account so I could order another dress without paying the postage again. It's a great addition, twice I've used the service and twice my query was solved quickly and efficiently. Get rid of Peter Simon and Mike Mason now and jobs a gud un. :mysmilie_3:

I think it might've already started, the other day I bought two Sugar Crisp dresses, there was one colour left so I though I'd get that too but didn't want to pay the p&p again so I used the on line chat, which is there on the checkout page, to answer any querys before you buy. The assistant answered in less than a minute, she was polite, friendly and without any ummimg or ahhhing she was quite happy to put £5 credit on to my account so I could order another dress without paying the postage again. It's a great addition, twice I've used the service and twice my query was solved quickly and efficiently. Get rid of Peter Simon and Mike Mason now and jobs a gud un. :mysmilie_3:
I doubt they would get rid of them they were an essential part of bid tv during their years I wonder if they might go back to the live format rather than a recorded one at peak times.

I live in hope now Ideal World has been sold that the awful Jacks Woman will be got rid of,I switched on to Foghorn presenting this morning and if it said it was having a Party once,it went on to repeat it a further 3 times one after the other,& hardly one sentence goes by without rentagob foghorn saying err,umm,this woman is the worst presenter ever on IW,they let Allen go & kept a carp presenter like Foghorn Jacks.

I live in hope now Ideal World has been sold that the awful Jacks Woman will be got rid of,I switched on to Foghorn presenting this morning and if it said it was having a Party once,it went on to repeat it a further 3 times one after the other,& hardly one sentence goes by without rentagob foghorn saying err,umm,this woman is the worst presenter ever on IW,they let Loen go & kept a carp presenter like Foghorn Jacks.
I used to watch is a lot when it started but not now with terrible presenters like Foghorn.

Let's not blame just the presenters, the management made a conscious decision to hire these guys and take the channel even further down-market.

Like most Equity companies, Aurelius is probably in the game to value the assets and start flogging them.

Last edited:
I get the impression things are starting to go downhill again. It's back to a very limited range of products, with whole hours dedicated to a single item. If this new company was behind all those bid style channels that choked, it doesn't bode well. It's a pity as they started to pick up - new ranges and more variety - for a while, and presentations used to be more relaxed and not too shouty. Hope they don't go - with no other competition, QVC will continue to climb further up themselves.

Latest posts

Back