Ideal World put up for sale - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

As Gollum once said on Bid TV, with a smirk/sneer on his face "you've got to buy this, you've got no choice". He was saying the product was amazing, but his words made me want to punch the screen!

Likes Retrovertigo , stratobuddy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    As Gollum once said on Bid TV, with a smirk/sneer on his face "you've got to buy this, you've got no choice". He was saying the product was amazing, but his words made me want to punch the screen!
    Lets look at the similarities from Bid, and now I/W. We all know the same goons, or as they like to be portrayed, so called "Experts", are doing or have done the same to both channels. I was delighted bid folded because of all the fibs and over the top panic selling. Then to my horror, most of the worst of them popped up again on I/W and have in my opinion, bought the same brand of poor bid style to I/W. Later, I understand Andy Hodgson is also involved, and the full cycle of failure is now complete, with the ex bid mob now fully involved with another seeming failure. Look at the similarities, and this group seem to be, in my opinion, fully responsible for the demise, or downward trend of I/W. I am sorry for any redundancies that may or may not be waiting for the back room staff. Well done to all presenters in causing such a demise! I wonder what channel they will pop up on next? Have a great Sunday peeps.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goodbye IdealWorld

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Lets look at the similarities from Bid, and now I/W. We all know the same goons, or as they like to be portrayed, so called "Experts", are doing or have done the same to both channels. I was delighted bid folded because of all the fibs and over the top panic selling. Then to my horror, most of the worst of them popped up again on I/W and have in my opinion, bought the same brand of poor bid style to I/W. Later, I understand Andy Hodgson is also involved, and the full cycle of failure is now complete, with the ex bid mob now fully involved with another seeming failure. Look at the similarities, and this group seem to be, in my opinion, fully responsible for the demise, or downward trend of I/W. I am sorry for any redundancies that may or may not be waiting for the back room staff. Well done to all presenters in causing such a demise! I wonder what channel they will pop up on next? Have a great Sunday peeps.

As awful and dishonest as the horrid presenters are (how do they sleep at night?!), I'm surprised nobody ever mentions the "children" that run the show. You only have to hear they're pathetic sniggering and occasional appearances to see that the camera crew are barely out of college, and are only there for a laugh. The sooner this channel goes under the better.
    Likes Mommabear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Dave. I see the old Bid tressles have appeared with 'what's coming up' laid out

I'm just waiting for the numbered balls to appear and then I know the end is nigh
    Likes Retrovertigo , stratobuddy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
    I agree with Dave. I see the old Bid tressles have appeared with 'what's coming up' laid out

I'm just waiting for the numbered balls to appear and then I know the end is nigh
    They could talk to the worry angels, they might help.

Post Thanks / Like

The sooner they get rid of these two the better, Watching them 'selling' tablets, watches and mobile phones is painfully embarrassing.
    Likes Retrovertigo , Muttley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Peterborough's Ideal Shopping Direct under new ownership after sale ...

The company, of Newark Road and which employs about 800 people, has been bought by pan-European asset manager Aurelius

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...deal-1-8577873
    Thanks Petespants, Retrovertigo , Julie thanked for this post
    Likes Wirral70 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The company, of Newark Road and which employs about 800 people, has been bought by pan-European asset manager Aurelius

"...a compelling investment opportunity..."

Perhaps they're only really interested in Create and Craft (though I would argue that even that has a limited lifespan)? Ideal World will require much more than just good new products to restore its reputation.
    Likes Retrovertigo , Mommabear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Get rid of the Goons, particularly PS & MM !

And improve CS, and have a normal rate phone line (which I thought was a legal requirement for CS)

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Aurelius at one point used to own .......

Bid TV

Same Goons, same old owner, same fate?

https://aureliusinvest.com/en/press/...for-sit-up-tv/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90E00D99-1156-41A4-9E86-CCAD1B0046DF.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	15941
    Likes Mommabear , stratobuddy liked this post