Hope you are buying

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Have Q arranged their better selling lines knowing that this part of the Uk known as England might be otherwise engaged?Now I am the most unlikely supporter of anything soccer with the rediculous wages and the behaviour of many so called players.I have to say even the likes of me are behind our team (having to say I am English, but normally a UK citizen) because they have behaved in a manner to be expected & whatever happens have done their country proud.Meanwhile on LolaRose?

Have Q arranged their better selling lines knowing that this part of the Uk known as England might be otherwise engaged?Now I am the most unlikely supporter of anything soccer with the rediculous wages and the behaviour of many so called players.I have to say even the likes of me are behind our team (having to say I am English, but normally a UK citizen) because they have behaved in a manner to be expected & whatever happens have done their country proud.Meanwhile on LolaRose?

I don't know why people seem to like football so much. I personally would get more enjoyment from watching paint dry, and tend instead to prefer pursuits such as reading foreign literature, listening to foreign radio stations, watching foreign films, travelling and flying. Football is common!

Football spawned David Beckham and sadly we have had to live with the consequences of this overblown family - the 2nd generation we are now having to endure thanks to a fawning media.

No interest in football, no interest in soaps, not watching QVC. I am watching Murder Maps on Yesterday, we are on the Blackout Ripper at the moment.

I've bought a box set of all the Columbo films. Can't wait for it to arrive.

We all have different interests & I have those way beyond the World Cup / football in general & anything QVC can ever offer.
//

English people can either join in the moment or carry on as if nothing has happened. I think there is enough mundane going on so more than happy to join in something that only happens once in a blue moon. The nation has got a spring in its step and I am loving it.

I can remember watching last time England was in a semi final 28 years ago. How many are going to remember, oh yeah that's when I watching shopping TV!

English people can either join in the moment or carry on as if nothing has happened. I think there is enough mundane going on so more than happy to join in something that only happens once in a blue moon. The nation has got a spring in its step and I am loving it.

I can remember watching last time England was in a semi final 28 years ago. How many are going to remember, oh yeah that's when I watching shopping TV!

I agree that it's great that there's something bringing people together. I'm loving it.

I`m not usually a fan of football and neither is my husband. There again I`m also not a fan of overpaid tv presenters droning on about overpriced skincare/clothing /jewellery etc. At least the former ie the World Cup only comes around every 4 years unlike Q presenters who are on air everyday and I must admit I was rooting for England today. I didn`t watch the whole match but caught bits of it inbetween doing other things and its good to see sport in a positive light for a change.

Not a fan of football either and I chanced upon some repeats of Cagney and Lacey while surfing the channels yesterday afternoon. What an absolute classic show that was and it took me right back tot he 80s!

Well I was bathing the dogs. Glad they won though & it's nice to see England coming together being proud rather than being vilified for being patriotic. Funny how it's fine to hang out an English flag of St George for the football but not to celebrate St George's Day

I agree. It’s a bit of fun in the grand scheme of things but anything (legal) that makes so many people laugh and relax their various stresses for a few days has to be good. I follow most sports at a ‘headlines’ level just so I can contribute to conversations with the 8 men in our family !

I actually watched the 1966 final on a small telly in the clubhouse of a holiday camp on the Isle of Wight. I was almost 11 and still remember the moment albeit mixed up with the replays etc since then !

I actually watched the 1966 final on a small telly in the clubhouse of a holiday camp on the Isle of Wight. I was almost 11 and still remember the moment albeit mixed up with the replays etc since then ![/QUOTE]

I was 7 & my mum, a very keen & competent DIY lady, was removing the picture rail from my sister's bedroom. My father called her down for a drink/rest twice & both times Germany scored! She always regretted taking down the rail & when we bought the house from my parents she was delighted that we had a new one put up. I love football & we're season ticket holders for a small club in Lancashire that has just got promoted.

i hate football but i love the world cup. my 8 year old granddaughter is fixated with it. be wonderful if england won that would be great

I love football myself and am season ticket holder at West Brom, normally the over paid and over rated England players don't do much for me but this gang, well they just seem to gelled as a team and it's lovely to see them doing so well. Q just doesn't compare for me but we are all different. Hope you enjoy the Columbo box set Julius, I confess to having that and thoroughly enjoy watching it

I have recorded just about every Poirot being shown on ITV3 recently and just watched series 1-5 of The Americans as my World Cup alternative viewing. I had watched the last series on ITV4 so it was all a bit backwards but great nonetheless! But I forgot the football clashed with Wimbledon so I have a bit of a backlog now. But even I watched part of the Columbia match as it was quite fighty, with everyone going down like nine pins. I didn't watch the QF though as Rafa was on.

Not a fan of football either and I chanced upon some repeats of Cagney and Lacey while surfing the channels yesterday afternoon. What an absolute classic show that was and it took me right back tot he 80s!

I remember when that was on Granada Plus in the 90s. I used to like the theme tune.

I love football- always have,so I am loving the world cup and particularly Gareth Southgate.
I also love Athletics and winter sports-but definitely not a Tennis fan which bores me to death,

Latest posts

Back