Laura Geller TSV 05/08/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, I thought the product on the demo models looked 'cakey' and had a matt finish - like paint ! I prefer my foundation to give a dewey look, anything else tends to show up the fine lines and pores too much.

Laura Geller 3 Piece Filter First Luminous Skin Collection
Item Number: 234773
QVC Price £40.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £3.95

or 2 Easy Pays of £14.99

This three-piece cosmetics collection from Laura Geller features the brand new Filter First Luminous Foundation, boasting a medium-coverage and lightweight formula, plus the popular Glamlash Mascara and Color Luster Lip Color in a neutral Vanilla shade. Master the basics with this beautiful set that gives you everything you need to create a flawless base, flutter-worthy lashes and a gorgeously moisturised pout.

New for you – now’s your chance to discover the brand new Filter First Luminous Foundation. Offering medium coverage with a lightweight texture, this fabulous formula is buildable, offering full coverage if your prefer, and works to create a breathable, luminous filter on your skin, blurring the appearance of imperfections and creating the perfect veil for further make-up application.

Contains:

1 x Filter First Luminous Foundation (30ml) - in a choice of Ivory, Porcelain, Buff, Beige, Medium, Fawn, Golden Medium, Caramel, Cognac, Pecan, Chestnut or Magohany; a pearl-infused, light-diffusing liquid foundation for an effortlessly radiant look
1 x Glamlash Mascara in Black (7.5ml) - a volumising mascara that works to separate, thicken and lengthen the look of your lashes with a long-wearing formula
1 x Color Luster Lip Color in Vanilla (3.2g) - warm beige; a high-shine, buttery lip colour in a universally flattering nude shade

How to apply:
Filter First Luminous Foundation:

Shake well before use
Pull off cap and use pump to dispense
Apply 1-2 drops all over face, add to build coverage

Glamlash Mascara:

Apply from the base of the lashes and sweep toward the tips in long, upward strokes

Color Luster Lip Color:

Apply directly to lips

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.234773

I've not watched this yet, but the price seems quite cheap?

Well, I thought the product on the demo models looked 'cakey' and had a matt finish - like paint ! I prefer my foundation to give a dewey look, anything else tends to show up the fine lines and pores too much.

I agree, Brissles - as we had the usual 'makeup applied to already made up faces' there was no clue as to the actual finish of the foundation on bare skin so it could have already been finished with a powder. Either way, I'm not taking a chance - generally LG foundations are a mismatch for my skintone, so I will be passing.

Honey72 - it's a definite NO from me today :mysmilie_50: although I did succumb to the lip gloss trio as I really like the texture and colours.

Also: talc alert!! Laura G seem to be a fan of this....why , oh why?

Added: A lot of the foundations on q look like they've really trowelled it on...suspect they do so as to 'cove'r the imperfections that are present on some of the gals with skin issues .How are we mean't to know what it'd be like on someone who applies a normal amount?

I agree, Brissles - as we had the usual 'makeup applied to already made up faces' there was no clue as to the actual finish of the foundation on bare skin so it could have already been finished with a powder. Either way, I'm not taking a chance - generally LG foundations are a mismatch for my skintone, so I will be passing.

Honey72 - it's a definite NO from me today :mysmilie_50: although I did succumb to the lip gloss trio as I really like the texture and colours.

I agree also. Do let us know about the lippy trio - the nudes one? I'd love a review from 'one of our own' ?

Added: A lot of the foundations on q look like they've really trowelled it on...suspect they do so as to 'cove'r the imperfections that are present on some of the gals with skin issues .How are we mean't to know what it'd be like on someone who applies a normal amount?

I agree, the pictures and those little foundation coloured squares on the website are a waste of space, they never show the true reflection of any foundation and how it would turn out, the worst is the studio lights, they're way too bright for a customer to choose their right shade, it should be done as near to controlled daylight hours as you can get, or actually apply it in daylight hours, not in blinding studio lighting, now there's a thought.

I agree also. Do let us know about the lippy trio - the nudes one? I'd love a review from 'one of our own' ?

SisterBliss - I already succumbed to the duo in the dark option (I love brown lipglosses, but so difficult to find) and love them, they go on beautifully with a decent depth of colour for a lipgloss and do last a decent time. The only downside is the angled applicator but a minor grumble - I'm hoping the trio will come up as pigmented as they looked on the demo - will report back!

I know we can all look pretty rubbish without a bit of mascara and lippy, but honestly ? (and I'm not being very kind here), BUT it just shows any one of us can become a model if those are the best they can come up with :mysmilie_11: my border terrier is prettier.

And on another tak, is the 'international make up artist' really so twee I wonder ?

I find Sarah Jagger a PITA. sugary sweet, odd accent, baby voice. Grumpy this evening (me not her !).

SisterBliss - I already succumbed to the duo in the dark option (I love brown lipglosses, but so difficult to find) and love them, they go on beautifully with a decent depth of colour for a lipgloss and do last a decent time. The only downside is the angled applicator but a minor grumble - I'm hoping the trio will come up as pigmented as they looked on the demo - will report back!

Thanks, Tarketta.
For me, brown l.gloss doesn't seem to work on my pink undertones. Seems to look dull/deathly or hi light my tea/coffee habit! The ones that I think you chose have some pretty pinkish/corals in there; looking fwds to your report, unless I'm completely barking up the wrong tree here

I know we can all look pretty rubbish without a bit of mascara and lippy, but honestly ? (and I'm not being very kind here), BUT it just shows any one of us can become a model if those are the best they can come up with :mysmilie_11: my border terrier is prettier.

Slightly different tack, but shout out for the hounds, not forgetting my astonishingly handsome English Springer Spaniel. Sorry, I couldn't resist!:mysmilie_848:

Thanks, Tarketta.
For me, brown l.gloss doesn't seem to work on my pink undertones. Seems to look dull/deathly or hi light my tea/coffee habit! The ones that I think you chose have some pretty pinkish/corals in there; looking fwds to your report, unless I'm completely barking up the wrong tree here

Ah yes, those were the ones I succumbed to - they did look lovely.

P.S. Always happy to see pics of pooches too!

I find Sarah Jagger a PITA. sugary sweet, odd accent, baby voice. Grumpy this evening (me not her !).

Well if you Google her, there are countless images of herself, photos of her 'oh so perfect home', and her husband Dominic (of course ! no Bill or Gary then) who has his own property development business (no kidding - what a surprise). She's from Sydney so could be the reason for the strangled accent.

Well if you Google her, there are countless images of herself, photos of her 'oh so perfect home', and her husband Dominic (of course ! no Bill or Gary then) who has his own property development business (no kidding - what a surprise). She's from Sydney so could be the reason for the strangled accent.

...vomtastic!:smirk:

Latest posts

Back