Total Fabrication!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Why does that guest keep using the word "fabrication" as if to mean "the fabric from which something is made."
It does NOT mean that. It actually means a deliberately-constructed lie:

"Theresa May's statement in parliament was a total and utter fabrication."

Pippa Gordon's squealing excitement at finding a thumbhole in her garment was a fabrication.

Same when they use “malleable” when describing the soft nature of a leather handbag. My understanding of malleable is something that can be hammered into shape.

As for Me, Myself or I, I give up. They make themselves sound ridiculous.

Same when they use “malleable” when describing the soft nature of a leather handbag. My understanding of malleable is something that can be hammered into shape.

Don't you want to buy a nice Kipling buttery soft, malleable handbag?

Malleable (adjective) - (of a metal or other material) able to be hammered or pressed into shape without breaking or cracking.
OR we could go with the alternative meaning - easily influenced; pliable.
"they are as malleable and easily led as sheep" to which could be added QVC presenters & many of their customers.

Malleable (adjective) - (of a metal or other material) able to be hammered or pressed into shape without breaking or cracking.
OR we could go with the alternative meaning - easily influenced; pliable.
"they are as malleable and easily led as sheep" to which could be added QVC presenters & many of their customers.

I think "pliant" would be more apt.

Latest posts

Back