And the award for "most fake presenter goes to...."

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Pipa Gordon. Haven't seen her on screen for a long time. I've just noticed how grating her faux enthusiasm over everything is. She squeals with delight and astonishment at the most trivial little details and it just doesn't ring true. Fake, fake, fake and awful. I wish they'd put her on with Kelly Hoppen. Now that'd be a laugh.

By a clear country mile the most fake presenter is Simon Biagi. His stupid fake questions and faux surprise at everything about a product just makes me want to smack him one. His dress sense has to be seen to be believed as well.

CC

By a clear country mile the most fake presenter is Simon Biagi. His stupid fake questions and faux surprise at everything about a product just makes me want to smack him one. His dress sense has to be seen to be believed as well.

CC

Yes, he is very fake - on a par with Pippa Gordon.

CC

Oh yes, couldn’t agree more. I cannot bear to watch or listen to him.

Simon “there’s loads in store” ding! Dairylee is as faux as a twelve pound note, and cheesey sheesh! you get high cholesterol just by looking/listening to him, to me they’re all fake but he takes the top prize, I can’t abide him, he’s a caricature of a shopping telly presenter.

Pippa is of an age where she should know better, yet there she is attempting to look like a recycled teenager - (good companion for Kabler), which is odd because she's married to quite an older man. Kabler's other half aint no chicken either (saw the photo at Ali Keenan's wedding)

Pippa is of an age where she should know better, yet there she is attempting to look like a recycled teenager - (good companion for Kabler), which is odd because she's married to quite an older man. Kabler's other half aint no chicken either (saw the photo at Ali Keenan's wedding)

I find Pippa a rather sad character. She so desperately obviously wants to regain her lost youth. Her bids to come over all edgy and quirky are just tedious. She recorded an album once...."Something in My Back Yard" I think it was called. I remember once of the tracks had her screeching: "I wish I was sixteeeeeeeeeen agaiiiiiiiiin!" and I thought that summed her up perfectly.

All the QVC presenters are ageing - despite all their miracle creams. Jilly Halliday has a very lined face. I wish they'd let her try the Flora Mare cream live on air - then I could decide whether to buy it or not. Dale Franklin has turned into a white-haired wizard and Charlie Brook is taking on the Brillo pad look, too.

Compared to Peter Simon on Ideal World they are consummate professionals!

I don't think I've ever tuned into IW. I'll have to watch some time. I do tune into TJC as their presenters / pitches are a hoot.

There are 21 presenters, if you include Alison Young, I know because I've just counted them on the 'Community' page. Some are fake, some are smug, some are banshees, some are all these things & every one is unprofessional in some way, shape or form. I became a customer a few weeks after the Q came to the UK, I have bought some lovely jewellery, discovered beauty brands & spent a lot of money during that time. However, I haven't watched a live 'show' in nearly ten months because I can't stand the presenters. I catch up on recorded hours, usually after reading a pithy comment on one of these pages, & look at the website for new items from brands I like. QVCUK will keep trading, the organisation won't notice that their original & loyal customers have given up on them & the people they employ will continue to be parodies.

Twilight, I too have some really lovely bits of jewellery, bought in the days when a 9ct gold ring could be had for under £100. I have pink sapphires, aquamarines, numerous 'quartz', fire opal, peridot, blue topaz etc - heaven knows what they'd cost today. Now its a constant bash of diamoneek costing almost the same amount. I wonder if QVC take anything like the amount these days compared to sales 10 years plus ago.

Yes that's absolutely true, he must have something on IW for them to keep employing him, but then you compare Simon B to the likes of Jeremy Edwards on IW and you can tell just what a big joke Simon B (definitely P) is. I don't watch any shopping channel now, certainly not full hours, just seconds here and there during Sky downloading, but I've got to say Jeremy Edwards is a true professional, in the past he's told people not to buy something because it wouldn't be for them, a rarity with shopping telly presenters on QVC, unless it's to aim you at something else on their website.

Twilight, I too have some really lovely bits of jewellery, bought in the days when a 9ct gold ring could be had for under £100. I have pink sapphires, aquamarines, numerous 'quartz', fire opal, peridot, blue topaz etc - heaven knows what they'd cost today. Now its a constant bash of diamoneek costing almost the same amount. I wonder if QVC take anything like the amount these days compared to sales 10 years plus ago.

I can imagine how lovely they must be, my favourite piece from the better days is an iolite & diamond ring, it's 9ct gold, the shank is solid & the iolite is a chequerboard cut. I once placed two orders about three hours apart & the difference between the order numbers was in the tens of thousands.

QVC used to do loads of jewellery. Wish I'd bought a heap of it! Now it's all cheap cubic zirconia and sterling silver - not that there's anything particularly wrong with it, but I don't care what they say, it DOESN'T look real at all. It has to be believable and understated, and it kind of looks a bit odd when your average QVC Pauline sports a "diamond" the size of a football!

Pipa Gordon. Haven't seen her on screen for a long time. I've just noticed how grating her faux enthusiasm over everything is. She squeals with delight and astonishment at the most trivial little details and it just doesn't ring true. Fake, fake, fake and awful. I wish they'd put her on with Kelly Hoppen. Now that'd be a laugh.

Don’t shoot me but I like Pippa! She’s personable and friendly and she doesn’t talk over the guest presenters- unlike Jill Franks! Don’t get me started on Mimi ( Me!Me!). She supposedly uses absolutely everything she’s selling and is only interested in talking about herself! Simon is easily the worst but she comes a close second!

I don't think I've ever tuned into IW. I'll have to watch some time. I do tune into TJC as their presenters / pitches are a hoot.

Oh you haven't lived dear chap. It's not all bad but in some aspects it's a whole new level of crapness. Last item I ordered was a pair of shoes. When I got them one shoe was 6 and the other 4 :doh:

Oh you haven't lived dear chap. It's not all bad but in some aspects it's a whole new level of crapness. Last item I ordered was a pair of shoes. When I got them one shoe was 6 and the other 4 :doh:

Sounds like "Ideal World" is a somewhat infelicitous and oxymoronic name for such an outfit!

Sounds like "Ideal World" is a somewhat infelicitous and oxymoronic name for such an outfit!

There an old saying Julius, never knock it till you've tried it. IW isn't the same as years gone, the clothes, electrical products and even their skincare is good quality and price. With capped postage and postage as cheap as a pound, free returns and next day delivery it's up there with modern age of shopping, unlike QVC. If ever there's a problem I email and its sorted, if there's a promotion it's for everyone not a select few, but like I say, don't knock it till you try it.

Granted not as big a selection than QVC, but good enough, good enough that QVC poach their products, and QVC brands leave to join IW, but it's a case of each to their own obviously, they must be doing something right though coming up to their 19th birthday all on their own, no big American franchise in sight.

Latest posts

Back