Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julia has explained a few times in the 20+ years I've been watching that she started dance classes to strengthen the weaker leg caused by contracting polio as a little girl; she's mentioned ballet, tap, modern and referred to character shoes and the dresses she used to wear for Greek - so pretty much the full range of dance classes. My sister in law was a prima ballerina and whilst she's fit, strong and has beautiful deportment she developing joint and ligament problems since she reached her 40s.

Pipa is another Bulls##tter. She pretends to live in the Cotswolds when she actually lives in Stratford on Avon, which is where the Brummie wannabees live. Sorry for any offence, the weather has truly 'peed on my chips' today.

Stratford, like Cheltenham, is on the edge of the Cotswolds; I suppose some people move boundaries to suit themselves & if she wants to say she lives somewhere she doesn't she's only fooling herself. I'm a Brummie, I'm proud of my city's heritage & consequently don't find any comments made about her offensive. In addition I've never been a wannabee.

Julia has explained a few times in the 20+ years I've been watching that she started dance classes to strengthen the weaker leg caused by contracting polio as a little girl; she's mentioned ballet, tap, modern and referred to character shoes and the dresses she used to wear for Greek - so pretty much the full range of dance classes. My sister in law was a prima ballerina and whilst she's fit, strong and has beautiful deportment she developing joint and ligament problems since she reached her 40s.

And how many times has she mentioned her 'high insteps' and the trouble with finding the right dancing shoes, when she's been flogging shoes !

Anne Dawson has class. However, she is no good on fashion shows. She describes almost everything as "äbsolutely gorgeous." Use your thesaurus, woman, and find some synonyms.

We'd better not suggest what synonyms they should be :mysmilie_11::mysmilie_17:

I don't think QVC would like them!

Julia could learn from Anne about wearing an appropriate size in clothing, though. Anne isn't stick thin nor has she a perfect figure, but by choosing the right clothing size and outfits, generally she looks polished (go on, somebody's now going to find an example of her wearing something shocking). I think she has had some good advice, or the sense to ignore advice from some of the battery farm of "stylists" with which QVC has become infested.

Anne looks a good 15 years younger now that she has shortened her hair. It is much much softer and looks good both straight or with a wavy curl. If you look closely at her parting she appears to have problems with hair thinning and that poker straight yellow blond style she sported previously only emphasised it.

Unfortunately Julia whose locks were her crowning (take a deep breath Stratto!) glory seems to have gone for “the rats have been sucking my tail ends” look. Like us all of a certain age it feels as if you can age a year overnight. Many’s a morning I’m sure those wrinkles were planted overnight as they weren’t there yesterday.

We'd better not suggest what synonyms they should be :mysmilie_11::mysmilie_17:

I don't think QVC would like them!

Julia could learn from Anne about wearing an appropriate size in clothing, though. Anne isn't stick thin nor has she a perfect figure, but by choosing the right clothing size and outfits, generally she looks polished (go on, somebody's now going to find an example of her wearing something shocking). I think she has had some good advice, or the sense to ignore advice from some of the battery farm of "stylists" with which QVC has become infested.

Or just been lucky not to do a TSV in an uneven hemmed, lace trimmed, three quarter sleeved hybrid of a peasant style top meets psychedelic. No, Jilly had that honour but there have been other and will be horrors that Anne may not escape.

Poor Jilly has been made to wear truly ghastly and horrendous TSVs. She clearly knew she looked awful as she kept trying to cover up her stomach, hips, boobs etc. Talking of looking horrendous, did anyone see the larger size model in the Ninal Leonard show today wearing the stretchy pink trousers? Lordy, lordy :mysmilie_13:

CC

Talking of looking horrendous, did anyone see the larger size model in the Ninal Leonard show today wearing the stretchy pink trousers? Lordy, lordy :mysmilie_13:

CC

I haven't seen her for a while. She was the one who did some very funny things with her hands, sort of sticking them out and wriggling her bottom around like she'd got worms whilst pulling funny faces. I think she's had some extra training in how to walk and move, because she's a lot better now (though she still pulls the odd 'come hither' faces to camera, which are very off-putting.

Apparently she's a size 24. Nice to see that QVC have finally discovered another model who isn't a size 6-8 and 5'11".

I haven't seen her for a while. She was the one who did some very funny things with her hands, sort of sticking them out and wriggling her bottom around like she'd got worms whilst pulling funny faces. I think she's had some extra training in how to walk and move, because she's a lot better now (though she still pulls the odd 'come hither' faces to camera, which are very off-putting.

Apparently she's a size 24. Nice to see that QVC have finally discovered another model who isn't a size 6-8 and 5'11".

If that’s the blonde model she reminds me of a 50’s starlet.

Anyone else noticed JR getting bigger around her middle week after week? Just watching Fashion on Friday...

I think, from a man's view, she wears tight fitting clothes to show off her boobs. But agree her tummy looks very round and big. Must be age - she's well in her 60's.

I have noticed that she seems to be expanding in that area. It could be medication and it's no fun when you just keep getting bigger no matter how hard you try not to. I saw her on with Simon Wilson and she looked lovely in that green top but she must feel a bit self conscious at times.

CC

Latest posts

Back