Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I'm just curious, I'm watching the Australian Body care show & wondering why Julia doesn't wear a bra that brings her boobs in more to the centre instead of separating them so much? Surely they'd look better?

She's always been well upholstered, but sadly, on screen her clothes look toooo fitted up top, so it gives the appearance of her having shoved a couple of footballs under her clothes. I don't think she needs to have 'them' more centred or it will look like just one large lump that's a shelf !

Ah the old mono-boob, not that I stare at other women's chesticles you understand but yes you're right, they definitely merge in to one, for a women who's on telly, you think she'd invest in some good scaffolding, and that's from someone with a big bust.

Ah the old mono-boob, not that I stare at other women's chesticles you understand but yes you're right, they definitely merge in to one, for a women who's on telly, you think she'd invest in some good scaffolding, and that's from someone with a big bust.

This woman works for a company that sells "supposedly"good quality supportive underwear.

Didn't QVC once have HRH The Queen's bra-maker on... and then they committed some huge indiscretion and consequently lost their royal warrant?

Julius, for someone who works for a newspaper and told us you have to read the news for that day you seemed no have paid attention much.

The woman who made underwear for the Queen wrote a book and mention the Queen in it. In fact not that long ago so not ancient history. January 2018!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...oses-royal-warrant-book-details-a8154671.html

QVC has never sold as far as I know Rigby and Peller underwear!

Back in the dark & distant past the Q sold little pads that could be attached to bra straps to 'take the strain'. Two women, they could have been sisters, developed these after years of suffering with back pain & shoulders that looked as though they had tyre marks across them; I can remember that one said she had even put credit cards under the straps to try to lift them. Julia did a Friday fashion show with them & said she had always had this issue so was delighted that there was something that could help. I have a great deal of respect for the Queen ( none for the others in the family) but considering she went to such a prestigious company for her intimate apparel her shape has never looked that good. That is probably treason but hey ho.

I still have a set of those strap gizmos that spread the load on shoulder straps, bought from QVC and I still wear them occasionally. I had a fitting at Rigby & Peller (Westfield) mainly because I wanted a comfortable strapless. The one I bought was so comfortable I remarked that I could wear it every day and the fitter said there's no reason not to go strapless since the correctly fitted under-bust band should provide the support. So I've worn more strapless bras ever since (Ok I'm not massive EE-F cup). A decade on I still have indents in my shoulders where they used to take the strain!

If you're planning a shopping trip that takes you near a branch of R&P phone and book a fitting. It's an excellent shopping experience with no hard sell.

i had a fitting in the early 80's in the knightsbridge store. i was shocked at my cup size specially in those days no one did it apart from this shop. luckily it was not an expensive brand

Maybe if Julia wore the right size tops she wouldn't appear to be so 'mono chested'
How can you put an ample bosom into a 34/36 top, imho she is a good size 40inch bust.

I haven't yet found a bra sold on Q that suits my bust or my shape. If you are big busted, trust me those bras mentioned do absolutely nothing, and I think they should be sold no larger than a medium. I would leave her boobs alone, I'm surprised this was brought up from someone who obviously doesn't know.

“They” usually say that most women wear the wrong size bra. Apparently we should go up one or even 2 cup sizes and come down one band size. Must admit it worked for me. Never bought a bra from Q though.

i like the vercella vita bra for wearing at home on a lazy day. or sometimes i put one on over my proper bra as its excellent at smoothing out the dreaded back fat. i have even worn them under a swimsuit for extra support

i AM A 46EE there is never going to be a strapless bra that I can wear, that ship sailed years ago, so you can't generalize with things like this. I did try VV from Q but it was hopeless. Incidentally my 46EE is my own, never been touched, and I hate it because I often get sore shoulders especially in the left, as it's bigger.

Q certainly use young models with Debra-Anne being the largest bust they'll risk showing on air in VV. I have a friend who had breast reduction surgery, she had to lose weight first which was difficult with chronic back pain. The fastest weight loss was after the surgery ( I forget the weight) those boobs weighed a lot and overnight her BMI recalculated as within the ideal range!

Maybe if Julia wore the right size tops she wouldn't appear to be so 'mono chested'
How can you put an ample bosom into a 34/36 top, imho she is a good size 40inch bust.

she's a big cup size maybe around a F or G so that would make her around a 40 inch chest. the underhand would be smallish maybe a 34

I wonder if Julia wears a minimiser bra, despite being a size small. These flatten your breasts by pulling them toward the chest wall with the result of spreading them across the chest, whilst a sheepdog bra rounds them up and gets them facing forwards. I also agree with others who have pointed out that wearing tops that are too small does not result in a good look.

Latest posts

Back