Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She looks really good for her age but is in denial about her size. A bit sad really......
Yes as we ate we need to embrace our changing bodies but easier said than done tho’ and shop assistants don’t always help (when we could shop in person) in trying to persuade us to buy things that are not age appropriate. Some years ago I remember shopping with my teenage daughter and was (obviously) bored waiting for her at the door of the store when this equally young assistant asked if I was interested in pink sequinned hot pants. I thought really....are you being funny? But no she indignantly said but they would fit you....yes they may well do but honestly can you imagine a late 40s woman in teenie tiny fluorescent hot pants? My daughter (rightly) would have disowned me 😱 but I often wonder what my friends and family would have said if I’d turned up for Christmas lunch in them 😂🥳🍾

Julia did not suit that outfit she had on today, it was too long for her.Don’t tell me she cannot wear anything else on her feet but those awful trainers.These oversized voluminous outfits aka MW are difficult to wear.Larger ladies think they are a godsend but they often just make them look like a ship in full sail.

Julia did not suit that outfit she had on today, it was too long for her.Don’t tell me she cannot wear anything else on her feet but those awful trainers.These oversized voluminous outfits aka MW are difficult to wear.Larger ladies think they are a godsend but they often just make them look like a ship in full sail.
Had on the TSV boots yesterday ok

I hate the huge tops with leggings look that really does not do Jula any favours she looks like Max Wall specially with the odd footwear. She loos better in a dress skimming her body than separates
For once I'm going to be kind. I assume it's a three line whip that the tat sellers have to wear something being shown in a 'fashion hour' & it must be really difficult to find something that suits you, or just looks alright, from many of the brands & from the number of items available. I'm sure that she could find smarter footwear & that would be an improvement, however, looking at the draperies available to her today I think most of us would have struggled to look good 😇 - me being kind...

What on earth has she come dressed as today. Looks like she’s about to do the cleaning.
Just seen it’s a Marla Wynn which will set you back £64 including p&p.
You know I've just had to go and have a look, and you know I'm gonna have another rant!..But i'll try and keep it short! WTF? That is an overall she's wearing, she only needs to accessorise it with a bog brush and a bucket and she'd be good to go! If it was marketed as an overall and priced accordingly, it wouldn't be quite so bad.
Wurzel Gummidge's outfit wasn't much better WT double F? weird shirt with no fastenings...a collar that goes halfway down the front, then stops, 3 flaps of fabric sewn on each side, and skintight chiffon sleeves -At least an overall has a purpose (to protect your decent clothes)
Finally she picked up a garment off the rail that had "flippers for arms." Sorry, almost done - the fabric on some of the things looks extremely poor quality - I think the buyers at Primark would baulk at that lot!
Someone, anyone....Lock her in the Goddamn garage and don't let her out until she promises to re-train as something else.
"Marla's next job could be in pig farming (she just doesn't know it yet)" - She's got the clothes lined up!

Oh Julia! Once upon a time if Julia wore something it would sell out like lightning. Same with beauty products, but I think anyone would be glad to have skin like hers, I know I would.
But her "look" has steadily become less flattering to her as time advances. She still had the good fortune to possess great skin, lovely thick hair, and could look knockout with better choices.

I really don't mind her too much, she does self promote quite a lot, but I suppose if you want to get your books out there, then needs must, and if her books are enjoyed by people then good on her! I know she wrote a book about herself when she was diagnosed with leukaemia some years ago, and it was obviously therapeutic for her, and may have proved inspirational to others. I know there are many many people in the world who have gone through more, and are much more inspirational..but remember there's a lot of folk out there for whom watching shopping telly is pretty much the sum total of their life. She can be a bit flicky and preeny - but what else can she do when from the neck down she's dressed like a sack of spuds - Just as placing a hideous pattern on a top will draw the eye away from a humungus arse or short legs! She's not a bad presenter, and how she managed to stand there talking to Cruella without laughing or rolling her eyes is beyond my comprehension!
Many years ago though I did submit a complaint to Q . She was presenting the Breast cancer care charity event wearing a bright red, boob enhancing (like she needs help in that department anyway) ridiculously low cut top and I felt it was utterly inappropriate.
Anyway, we can't blame you for the horrible clothes you have to present and wear sometimes, but get yourself a pair of black trainers, you can even get some nice blingy ones, because the ones you're wearing at the moment are a disgrace and nobody's fault but your own...or maybe the producers who are happy to let them be worn on air. With all the freebies they get, surely someone could give her a flamin' pair!
Hi all,

I apologise for my rant and following on from my comments around Julia doing the quizzes and book readings on 'insta' for her own benefits, rather than others, which divided opinions on here, I do feel I just have to address these points.

Alison O'Reilly

I watched that show, as Alison, who I like, hadn't been on for a year and was recovering from illness. I also, couldn't believe my eyes when Julia, inappropriately, started flicking her long locks in front of Alison. It was a disgusting admission and a cruel one. I had to turn this off. I did actually think of complaining, but thought better of it.

Breast Cancer Care

I like many on here, do remember her red dress. It was so low cut, I think we saw more of Julia's big boobs, than we ever had, at that point. Not a sight many of us would have necessarily wanted to see at any point. To wear this for this event, is beyond comprehension. Other presenters, who have lead this in the past, have been glamorous but did not wear dresses to show off their bust.

I believe, that at one time Julia was very good friends with Allison Keenan, however, since this event and in light of Alison's sad illness, they are rarely seen or speak about each other. Alison seems more friendly with the likes of Kathy and Catherine. Maybe Alison, saw Julia for what she actually is now.

All I can think is that she wore that dress for click bait on social media, or however it works. She seems to have an army of male admirers, and she wants to impress them, but at what cost.

Recent Shows

In the past two weeks, maybe I tuned in at bad times, but she has made references to clothes being see through, again said in a way to draw attention to herself.

First one, she was wearing a black and white shirt. Making references and playing up to the monitors, saying how you may be able to see her lingerie through it. We all could see her lack black bra. Why do that?

Then in yesterday's show, dressed in a bag, again making references to her only having her lingerie on underneath. Then, the looks into the monitors.

The events with Alison beynd angered me, these recent flirtatious acts no longer anger me. In fact , I feel sorry for her. Why does see how to flirt and preen away. Her husband must not like it or reading comments left by male admirers, unless they are into that sort of activity.

Julia, as big headed as she is, will find it hard ageing and fighting against that. She will soon be 65. Also, as others have mentioned. Once her children have grand children, the focus will be off her then. Although I dread what she will do to get it back on her. Maybe a bikini insta pose or books about being a super granny: writing book, working, baking, the usual with Julia.

Thanks all.

I've never seen a brand that gets it so wrong..I'm off again, sorry. But Julia's "overall" would just about look ok on a tall and skinny younger woman, worn with skinny jeans/leggings and stilettos, not on someone who's not blessed in the height department, and has problems with her feet. I'm wondering whether the stylists actually allow the presenters to look in the mirror before they go on air!
"Stine's next job could be a corpse beautician" (she just doesn't know it yet)

I had a look at the offerings available & there was only one I thought she would have looked alright wearing; she said that she had considered that one but chose the overall because the colour matched the TSV 🙄

Hi all,

I apologise for my rant and following on from my comments around Julia doing the quizzes and book readings on 'insta' for her own benefits, rather than others, which divided opinions on here, I do feel I just have to address these points.

Alison O'Reilly

I watched that show, as Alison, who I like, hadn't been on for a year and was recovering from illness. I also, couldn't believe my eyes when Julia, inappropriately, started flicking her long locks in front of Alison. It was a disgusting admission and a cruel one. I had to turn this off. I did actually think of complaining, but thought better of it.

Breast Cancer Care

I like many on here, do remember her red dress. It was so low cut, I think we saw more of Julia's big boobs, than we ever had, at that point. Not a sight many of us would have necessarily wanted to see at any point. To wear this for this event, is beyond comprehension. Other presenters, who have lead this in the past, have been glamorous but did not wear dresses to show off their bust.

I believe, that at one time Julia was very good friends with Allison Keenan, however, since this event and in light of Alison's sad illness, they are rarely seen or speak about each other. Alison seems more friendly with the likes of Kathy and Catherine. Maybe Alison, saw Julia for what she actually is now.

All I can think is that she wore that dress for click bait on social media, or however it works. She seems to have an army of male admirers, and she wants to impress them, but at what cost.

Recent Shows

In the past two weeks, maybe I tuned in at bad times, but she has made references to clothes being see through, again said in a way to draw attention to herself.

First one, she was wearing a black and white shirt. Making references and playing up to the monitors, saying how you may be able to see her lingerie through it. We all could see her lack black bra. Why do that?

Then in yesterday's show, dressed in a bag, again making references to her only having her lingerie on underneath. Then, the looks into the monitors.

The events with Alison beynd angered me, these recent flirtatious acts no longer anger me. In fact , I feel sorry for her. Why does see how to flirt and preen away. Her husband must not like it or reading comments left by male admirers, unless they are into that sort of activity.

Julia, as big headed as she is, will find it hard ageing and fighting against that. She will soon be 65. Also, as others have mentioned. Once her children have grand children, the focus will be off her then. Although I dread what she will do to get it back on her. Maybe a bikini insta pose or books about being a super granny: writing book, working, baking, the usual with Julia.

Thanks all.

Maybe she's competing with Chloe who's always wearing a black bra under a white shirt :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back