Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder if Julia wears a minimiser bra, despite being a size small. These flatten your breasts by pulling them toward the chest wall with the result of spreading them across the chest, whilst a sheepdog bra rounds them up and gets them facing forwards. I also agree with others who have pointed out that wearing tops that are too small does not result in a good look.

'A sheepdog bra', I love it & you've made me think of the Gavin & Stacey Christmas special where she's explaining different lingerie to Smithy.

I think it's been mentioned a lot before but she just wears tops which are far to tight to try and show off her boobs. In more flattering tops, they wouldn't be as 'standoutish' and we all know Jules likes to show off her best assets.

Do feel like age really is catching up with her, as asides from her hair, which is dyed, she really does look like a lady well in her 60's.

I think JR is a good looking Lady for her age, she has got a fantastic complexion, she is a really good presenter.. imo her only down side is just how very vain she is, sometimes she acts like a giddy teenager, a proper diva.

its called middle age spread. julia is short and as shes got older she has put on a lot of weight on her tummy and a large bust. when she dresses right her middle is not so obvious but more often that not she gets it wrong

Julia's fallen over while on holiday in Spain, she's got stitches in her right leg & apparently the first photo on Twitter showed a huge bandage. My neighbour absolutely loves the Q, especially JR, I take in her parcels & she was quite concerned about this when she collected one this evening. I wasn't very nice & suggested she sent a Get Well card & in all seriousness she said that she'd 'been in touch' on social media but thought that was a lovely idea & she had just the card to send. Being on my own all week has made me really unpleasant.

I think JR is a good looking Lady for her age, she has got a fantastic complexion, she is a really good presenter.. imo her only down side is just how very vain she is, sometimes she acts like a giddy teenager, a proper diva.

It's funny how we're told to love ourselves, a concept I've always found quite odd, yet some love themselves too much. Maybe I dont mix with the right, or wrong, type of people but I've never met anyone who's really vain, they must be exhausting.

While I agree about the positive points you raise wholeheartedly, I would have to add a further downside - she has a nasty habit of putting down other people disguised as "humour". I don't know if it's a trick she has learned off Richard Jackson and Debbie Flint, but I absolutely hate it when they do the put-downs and digs of other people.

While I agree about the positive points you raise wholeheartedly, I would have to add a further downside - she has a nasty habit of putting down other people disguised as "humour". I don't know if it's a trick she has learned off Richard Jackson and Debbie Flint, but I absolutely hate it when they do the put-downs and digs of other people.

Does she still say "only joking" after she's done that? Obviously her get out clause.

Yes, I've noticed her doing this, and yes Twilight, she does the 'just kidding' thing. I think mostly she thinks she is just kidding but sometimes it comes across as a bit thoughtless and like she's pulling rank. Overall though, I think she's one of the best the Q has got.

JR is very intimidating and has the arrogance of a woman who knows her job is secure, I can't stand the passive aggressive put downs, then she sticks her tongue in her cheek and quickly says "anyway!" If Julia thinks she's funny, yes you've guessed it, she might want to think again.

Got a glimpse of the Sunday Butler & Wilson with Simon & of course Julia.Why when there is a model in the studio do we have to wait while she takes items on & off and does her preening? Leave it to the model more or less & keep her items to a minimum.

Got a glimpse of the Sunday Butler & Wilson with Simon & of course Julia.Why when there is a model in the studio do we have to wait while she takes items on & off and does her preening? Leave it to the model more or less & keep her items to a minimum.

At times she was bedecked with several pieces - for a minute I thought she was going to mention the Christmas in Aug show on 25th. Today’s model was a much younger version of Julia herself - thick dark hair that looked natural not dyed, and a smooth young-skinned décolletage to show off the jewellery to its best advantage. Julia on the other hand still hangs on to the sleeveless dresses to show off her toned arms. Her muscles are toned but her skin isn’t.

She said something about a small percentage of the population having green eyes which she insisted she has.Simon was not impressed and said something along the lines of ‘another piece of useless information’.Put down Julia she sounded like a failed diva.( despite her irritating traits I still maintain she is the most professional presenter!)

Yes I agree about the state of one's skin as we age. I've never been particularly 'toned', but my skin has always been smooth. Hitting 70 this year, I've noticed in the past 18 months the 'crepiness' that you hear about in, ahem, the more mature of ladies, and I was SHOCKED to the core. There it was, like some creeping lurgy taking over my body.

I first caught sight of it one morning in bed, when I happened to raise my arm up in the air (don't ask why), and small saggy lines in my forearm caught my eye, sadly no amount of furiously rubbed in body cream does any good. A few months later came another revelation. Always the owner of a good and firm bust (result of always sleeping in a bra) I became aware of a 'loose' upper bust - starting to look like a deflated balloon ..... aaaaaaagh! and then a touch of fright night - it hit the décolletage at certain times when I'm all 'bunched' up.

This along with all the skin tags that are like dots I could join up, is a sad indication that youth has gone, and why didn't I ever appreciate my skin when I was 20/30/40 years younger. Ah well, I shall just be content that I am at least still here and breathing !!!

At times she was bedecked with several pieces - for a minute I thought she was going to mention the Christmas in Aug show on 25th. Today’s model was a much younger version of Julia herself - thick dark hair that looked natural not dyed, and a smooth young-skinned décolletage to show off the jewellery to its best advantage. Julia on the other hand still hangs on to the sleeveless dresses to show off her toned arms. Her muscles are toned but her skin isn’t.

I'll be happy if i look like that at her age!

Oh, I'm sure you'll look as good, - if not better SisterB. Julia needs a bit of an overhaul - with her hair, it could look so much better, even long. At the moment she looks like an ageing 1950's barmaid.

We just have to accept getting older, that’s life as long as we have our health what is a bit of sagging skin? I have just seen a picture of Ivana Trump and how she has aged ( I think 69) with all her money the years catch up there is no escape.I think Julia would look better with her hair lightened a few shades it is so harsh otherwise keep slapping on the Decleor etc.

I'll be happy if i look like that at her age!

You probably will if you look like her. Don't forget she's had a lifetime of lotions and potions at her fingertips and working (if you can call it "work") two or three days a week for three or four hours (if that) which has probably helped, but I personally think it's the luck of the draw. I'm 53 (God spares me) this year, my arms are toned (no Bodyblade) and regardless of just using a moisturiser (not Decleor/Elemis or Gatinoooo) my skin looks good (if I say so myself) I do dye my hair dark brown though to hide the grey hair.......well I never said I was perfect. :mysmilie_17:

There's only one alternative to getting older. For most of us saying goodbye to our youth is bittersweet with the memories of the past being balanced with the pleasures of today. As I approach my next decade I'm so aware of how lucky I am, I appreciate everything life has given me, I'm more confident & I speak up about things that matter louder than ever before. As with every other woman, & I suspect most men if they're honest, I have many physical aspects I would change if I could, however, I'm old enough to accept that they are part of me, the me I've always been. My arms are still really good so I'll cary on wearing sleeveless outfits until I look too quilted, I've worked out a skin regime that suits me & I love my pepper & salt bob, I can still run up our stairs & I laugh many times every day. We never know what's around the next corner; my parents died within a year of each other & my wonderful sister is facing early widowhood, I have always thought that 'Carpe Diem' is the best way of looking at life, Cheers!

Yes Twilight. Would I rather have the wrinkly neck or the wooden overcoat. No contest really. Life is cruel and kind to all of us and the older I get the more I can realise that I'm lucky now to be where I am and be what I am. Everyone would like to change something about ourselves but we're more than likely just fine as we are to everyone that knows us.

CC

Latest posts

Back