Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, I'm sure you'll look as good, - if not better SisterB. Julia needs a bit of an overhaul - with her hair, it could look so much better, even long. At the moment she looks like an ageing 1950's barmaid.

That's kind.....I think.

'Old barmaid' made me :)

I know we are all guilty of 'harsh feedback' (that is usually true, I know) but the 'harsh feedback' is so much better & more entertaining when it's creative like 'harsh barmaid.'

That's kind.....I think.

'Old barmaid' made me :)

I know we are all guilty of 'harsh feedback' (that is usually true, I know) but the 'harsh feedback' is so much better & more entertaining when it's creative like 'harsh barmaid.'

Gosh i just wrote 'harsh barmaid'!!! freudian slip!!

Just posting to say I enjoyed the confident posts of some of the women on here, thank you.

Something I really lack :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen her yesterday in the maxi dress? Looks like she's been enjoying holiday too - her tummy area shows it. Nothing wrong with that, I wish more tv presenters would look less 'perfect'.

Last edited:
Anyone seen her yesterday in the maxi dress? Looks like she's been enjoying holiday too - her tummy area shows it. Nothing wrong with that, I wish more tv presenters would look less 'perfect'.

In 2 sizes too small as per usual :mysmilie_19: :mysmilie_19:

Unfortunately I can't see most of the videos of her, only live from the website - as I'm abroad. There used to be a button to view earlier episodes, but that's gone by now. So I got to be lucky to be at home while QVC live is broadcasting our lovely Julia ;-)

i think Cathy taylor is better looking i know some dont like her presenting style but she looks pretty when she does her hair and makeup and she has a better figure than julia

i think Cathy taylor is better looking i know some dont like her presenting style but she looks pretty when she does her hair and makeup and she has a better figure than julia

But her boobs are much smaller than our Jules, so she doesn't get all the male presenters / guests attention like Jules does :mysmilie_12:

I wish more tv presenters would look less 'perfect'<<

>>Me too....

I agree. Kathy Taylor (nearly) always is age appropriate and makes a bit of an effort but doesn't go over the top. She always comes across to me as quite 'low maintenance' and the sort of woman who wouldn't think twice about opening the door in old pyjamas or something. Julia, on the other hand, would need full slap and heels for that 'signed for' item...

Go to the top of the page and press the "Forum" box, scroll down to were you'd like your new thread to be, say for eg QVC, tap on QVC and top left (under Forum box) you'll see "POST NEW THREAD" and voila! Hope I've explained it ok. :mysmilie_3:

I agree. Kathy Taylor (nearly) always is age appropriate and makes a bit of an effort but doesn't go over the top. She always comes across to me as quite 'low maintenance' and the sort of woman who wouldn't think twice about opening the door in old pyjamas or something. Julia, on the other hand, would need full slap and heels for that 'signed for' item...

Many moons ago, when I watched the Q & listened to the presenters, I can remember Julia laughing at Alison Young because she said she always wore make-up even when she was mucking out. Julia said she didn't bother when she was at home & wasn't recognised when shopping etc. I don't know if age, vanity & her concerns over her health have meant that she now does wear it when 'off duty but I've seen her photos from her holidays & her face & hair do look natural. She doesn't wear high heels because of the issues she's had after having Polio as a child & we all know she wears her toe posts in every season & may even still have her Markon boots.

I still have my red Markon ankle boots and they are still looking good and still comfy. I never wear make up though, to go out or answer the door. I always feel I look like a clown with make up on and that people are staring! Maybe I need a Mally makeover :mysmilie_13:

CC

I still have my red Markon ankle boots and they are still looking good and still comfy. I never wear make up though, to go out or answer the door. I always feel I look like a clown with make up on and that people are staring! Maybe I need a Mally makeover :mysmilie_13:

CC

I also loved my Markon boots, I had three pairs they always looked good, polished up a treat & they lasted for ages.

she does not have the lovely hair that Julia has. she has to work hard to keep it nice but she scrores high when she makes the effort. she has a lovely smiley face when she smiles

Julia is just in the world of Julia ...Kathy is more natural and less uppity
But saying that Julia great presenter as mentioned
.... Julia’s world .. but I think many people are since social media lol

I was at a viewer event about 15 years ago and sat at lunch with one of the beauty buyers chatting about the presenters. I mentioned Kathy seemed down to earth and approachable, but the buyer said she keeps to herself and thought she wasn't friendly. At the time she was fairly new so I put that down to her also seeming rather nervous and self-conscious - like Mavis Riley off Coronations Street. We don't really know any of them.

I dislike Kathy more every time I see her on air. The Wednesday fashion show looks she wore were mostly dreadful. She is ill prepared and quite the rudest of the presenters, in my opinion. Just goes to show we're all different. My favourite by far is Anne Dawson. Well groomed, wears clothes that fit, rarely interrupts, does her homework and isn't glued to a flipping i-pad! She comes over more authentically to me than Kathy (who I think is the best looking of the women presenters).

I was at a viewer event about 15 years ago and sat at lunch with one of the beauty buyers chatting about the presenters. I mentioned Kathy seemed down to earth and approachable, but the buyer said she keeps to herself and thought she wasn't friendly. At the time she was fairly new so I put that down to her also seeming rather nervous and self-conscious - like Mavis Riley off Coronations Street. We don't really know any of them.

We don't really know any of them.<<<<

DUR DE DE DE DURRRRRRRRRR :devil::devil::devil: (scary music)

All we really know is the image that they portray - or (hate this) their [I]brand[/I] :puke:

Last edited:
Caught a show presented by Claire this afternoon-blimey she looks to have aged and the voluminous Tressy hair isn't helping either!

What is it with these QVC ladies and big hair-Julia, Pippa,Claire and Catherine the youngish sparkly skinned fake tanned Dallas haired trapped in the 80's look model and others!

Latest posts

Back