The Real Pie Company?? wonder whats happend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone's blabbed on the Q FB page so the cat's definitely out of the bag :mysmilie_17:

I see that moggy sniffing at a pie then walking away in disdain. It amazed me that there are still those who can't see this may be an issue.

Very interesting reading. It seems poor that a company can go under and one of the directors/shareholders can just start up a new company the next day and carry on trading. I'm guessing the creditors just have to wave bye bye to any money they are owed by the old company. Do customers of the old company still get their goods? I ordered from RPC once but I can't comment on the products as they never arrived.

CC

Hijacking the thread but with a common theme - apparently Orla Kiely is now in administration, it's a rout!

Wow, didn't know that. Not that I'm an O Kiely customer but it is definitely tough times for some in the retail business.

Wow :wonder: RPC owe £1,125,732.66 to creditors!!!! They seem to have creditors who are bakeries so assume they must have sub-contracted out! They owe Crantock Bakery in Cornwall over £100,000. They even owe HMRC £35,000 :mysmilie_10:Neither will get their money back!! They only have to pay out £459,205! What a shower of s**t:mysmilie_51:

Wow :wonder: RPC owe £1,125,732.66 to creditors!!!! They seem to have creditors who are bakeries so assume they must have sub-contracted out! They owe Crantock Bakery in Cornwall over £100,000. They even owe HMRC £35,000 :mysmilie_10:Neither will get their money back!! They only have to pay out £459,205! What a shower of s**t:mysmilie_51:

That is appalling!!! So potentially some (probably) small businesses may go out of business themselves thanks to RPC's apparent financial mismanagement and yet they're still on Q, happily flogging their far from home-made wares?!?!? That's outrageous!

Hijacking the thread but with a common theme - apparently Orla Kiely is now in administration, it's a rout!

I saw that had happened & it seems the staff were told in a similar way to the HoF people earlier this year. I'm not really surprised, she created a very definite look & there are only so many prints a woman can wear, add to that not everyone wants their clothes to match their lampshades & mugs. Our nearest Sainsburys has a sizeable home department with similar designs on china, bed linen & cushions at a fraction of the price.

Yes, they were subcontracting production. That's rather different from the picture of a small business making pies by hand that they portrayed on QVC.

Yes, they were subcontracting production. That's rather different from the picture of a small business making pies by hand that they portrayed on QVC.

Surely this means they were masquerading as something they were most definitely NOT, in which case doesn't trade descriptions legislation apply? I wonder how many companies are now prepared to do business with them.

Crantock Bakery went into adminstration in early July with more than 100 people losing their jobs.

I can't believe HMRC would let them walk away with a debt of £35,000, how can that be allowed? Really sorry for people that have lost their jobs, it must be devastating.

CC

Surely this means they were masquerading as something they were most definitely NOT, in which case doesn't trade descriptions legislation apply? I wonder how many companies are now prepared to do business with them.

you can tell that the pies were nothing like the ones shown on QVC. the quality I had was really poor no premium there. tiny, no filling and cheap. now we know. its obvious 6 people could not make thousands of orders over a short space of time. the money will be made by people going bankrupt and not paying what they owe to creditors and staring the fiasco again al la Brett

Seems my early analysis of the situation was BANG ON THE MONEY. People didn't like what I said - well it was damn well RIGHT!!!

It's interesting to note that RPC products are still for sale by QVC. I telephoned and asked them how this could be. They said on the call that the pies are made fresh. I will try to find out more about the terms of the administration. Maybe they're touting pies for a certain period to try and mitigate the debts - though it would seem somewhat futile, given the apparent level of debt.

Methinks RPC will disappear and rise from the ashes in some other form. I bet they'll be "taking another holiday."

QVC contacted me today to say that The RPC are still selling and that they are scheduled to appear on QVC on 1st October (!) I will of course be tuning in to see the pies being touted live on air.

QVC contacted me today to say that The RPC are still selling and that they are scheduled to appear on QVC on 1st October (!) I will of course be tuning in to see the pies being touted live on air.

Talk about flogging a dead horse.

Latest posts

Back