The Real Pie Company?? wonder whats happend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps whatshisface missed his compulsory Friday night pie so they have been too busy at his bedside waiting for him to recover?

No date on that statement - probably been there since the “problem” was revealed early this year.

they are really expensive direct from them but i suspect the ones from qvc dont have that level of filling or that size of pie

Mightn't have passed the health inspection, I mean aren't there only about five of them to make thousands of pies? Probably didn't have time to clean the kitchen. In all seriousness though I think it's about time QVC gave up on selling food (and clothes) if it's not a months wages for a bag of marshmallows then its late delivery and porkies (no pun intended) were they source their "meat" or endless scandals about their food, that's if it turns up, no, QVC are well off the mark on this one.

Mightn't have passed the health inspection, I mean aren't there only about five of them to make thousands of pies? Probably didn't have time to clean the kitchen. In all seriousness though I think it's about time QVC gave up on selling food (and clothes) if it's not a months wages for a bag of marshmallows then its late delivery and porkies (no pun intended) were they source their "meat" or endless scandals about their food, that's if it turns up, no, QVC are well off the mark on this one.

Maybe they should approach the Duke of Buccleugh and start flogging his products again. I always found it rather odd - the idea of buying meat from a shopping channel!

The only meat I buy is Asda's organic diced casserole steak - for when I do casseroles in my slow cooker. It's very keenly priced and of excellent quality. I discovered I'd frozen some that I was too busy to use so am gonna do a casserole later this week.

Here's a tip for you all if you don't like chopping onions. Asda do 1 chopped onion in a bag. 20p for a white onion, 23p for a red onion - available in the produce aisle. The onion would cost that anyway, and this one comes chopped. Also good for freezing just in case you ever need an onion.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/onions-leeks/asda-chopped-onion/910003087416

https://groceries.asda.com/product/onions-leeks/asda-sliced-red-onion/910003101905

Last edited:
Two people now asking what happened to them. Someone said to go to their own website and message up as in the first post can not supply at the moment.

I remember years ago the catalogues used to do Xmas food hampers, never knew anyone who actually bought.

I cant even find a hygiene rating for them seems very odd

Let's keep an eye on it. If there were to be any hygiene issues it would make for a very interesting piece - particularly in the wake of the previous meat scandal.

Well according to Companies House, the Directors all have addresses in Lancashire, but the manufacture operates out of an industrial site in Crawley.

The bits I've seen of Brett Hornby and the woman he's on with, they didn't half look like a dodgy pair. I seen her once lick her fingers then pick up another piece of pie, the dirty so and so, I nearly threw up. If she does this on live Tv can you possibly dare to imagine what she crimps the sides of those pies with, shudder just thinking about it. :mysmilie_17:

The bits I've seen of Brett Hornby and the woman he's on with, they didn't half look like a dodgy pair. I seen her once lick her fingers then pick up another piece of pie, the dirty so and so, I nearly threw up. If she does this on live Tv can you possibly dare to imagine what she crimps the sides of those pies with, shudder just thinking about it. :mysmilie_17:

I don't trust anything like that. I'd rather make my own pies. It's not difficult, saves loads of money and is very satisfying. I've been making batches of them and freezing them, so they're stored away for a rainy day. I've got a roller tool that makes a lattice shape on the lid, so I generally make my own shortcrust pastry and do a puff pastry lid (using bought Jus Rol pastry - I don't know how to make puff pastry - it looks a bit complicated). My favourites are organic beef and vegetables, goat's cheese, lentil and sweet potato, leek, cheddar and potato, beef, barley and mushroom - and many more.

I don't really eat out that much - although I went to Pizza Express tonight and found it sorely disappointing. Nearly £16 for a pizza with no real flavour. Was nothing special so I won't be going back there in a hurry.

I don't trust anything like that. I'd rather make my own pies. It's not difficult, saves loads of money and is very satisfying. I've been making batches of them and freezing them, so they're stored away for a rainy day. I've got a roller tool that makes a lattice shape on the lid, so I generally make my own shortcrust pastry and do a puff pastry lid (using bought Jus Rol pastry - I don't know how to make puff pastry - it looks a bit complicated). My favourites are organic beef and vegetables, goat's cheese, lentil and sweet potato, leek, cheddar and potato, beef, barley and mushroom - and many more.

I don't really eat out that much - although I went to Pizza Express tonight and found it sorely disappointing. Nearly £16 for a pizza with no real flavour. Was nothing special so I won't be going back there in a hurry.

On the rare occasions I do eat out, I usually end up very disappointed with the meal I'm offered. Whether standards have dropped over the years I couldn't say, but I often regret spending £20 or so (I live outside London) on a sub standard meal, that I could have cooked better myself.

I'd love to hear the comments on other posters about eating out, and whether its 'just me' !

Latest posts

Back