The Real Pie Company?? wonder whats happend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well blow me down with a feather! I just looked on QCommunity and the latest QCam film is dedicated to.... TRPC. Will interviews Brett who gives the same old spiel about it being a family-run company, just eight staff, every single pie handmade and crammed to the crust. No reference of course to having come back from a difficult situation, change of ownership and Will just said how fabulous the new ones sound and how everyone at Q loves them and they want the old favourites back too.

So I think that shows us where Q stands in this debacle. We will sell any old crap so long as we make money, regardless of the spurious claims. I thought Brett did look a bit uncomfortable during the film but that maybe just how he normally looks! Or perhaps stress from all the brouhaha.

I only found this post today & as I was reading it our five month old granddaughter was sick on me. The girl's got taste & has summed up the whole debacle.

I posted the following, it'll be interesting to see if it gets through the vetting process.
'Lots of new products = lots of new suppliers?'

Sounds like you live by me Vienna, I live in Saint Helens a strong miners town (or was) we're fifteen minutes away from Widnes and Warrington one way, twenty five minutes away from Liverpool the other and just under ten minutes away from Knowsley and the Safari Park, we live just past West Park and Taylor Park, just before you get the Town Centre :mysmilie_3:

Yep Shopper we`re practically neighbours. I only moved to this neck of the woods when I remarried 6 years ago but hubby has lived here all of his life. I`ve always lived in the North West and was born not far from Preston and when my first husband was alive we lived in a small village on the outskirts of Bolton.
Living here has been a learning curve because it`s an area of great rivalry much like Manchester and Liverpool are divided by their football teams then this area is divided by their rugby teams. You have the Pie Eaters from Wigan and the Lobby Gobblers from Leigh which is still a part of Wigan but any leigh-ther worth his/her salt would 100% argue that point.
Lobby is a watery stew by the way, the meat and veg in it are cut into very small pieces so when it`s cooked it has a much thinner consistency than stew. I`ve only ever eaten it once and that was enough.
It`s an area of strong people, especially strong women. To this day there are families who are still ostracised because their menfolk broke the picket lines during the miners strike. There is no forgive or forget with these people even after all these years. As an outsider I find it strange but when I chat to hubby and his sisters and brother then I can partly see why.
It was the men who picketed but it was the women who held everything else together and my husband says that without his late first wife he would never have coped. She along with many other women fended off the bailiffs, argued with banks and building societies to keep a roof over their heads, begged local shopkeepers for tick so they could feed their kids and spent hours sorting through food donations from foreign Countries such as Russia and Poland even though they couldn`t understand the labels on the tins and were faced with foodstuffs alien to the Lancashire pallette.
As miners they were given free coal so every house had coal fires but when they striked then the free coal stopped so there were families literally freezing in their homes. The men went on the rob and stole coal from the pits, many were arrested and charged. The women pawned their wedding rings and anything else and even though there is long lasting bitterness there is also long lasting pride. Even to this day they have a Miners Welfare building and ex miners still march in the local carnival but the pits closures also meant the end of small local shops and businesses and to this day there are men who have never worked again.
My husband was in his 50`s and he went on to be self employed and then to semi retirement but others weren`t so lucky and the past is all they have. Sad times and I daresay there are other parts of the Country, Wales, Yorkshire etc which are just the same.

'My husband was in his 50`s and he went on to be self employed and then to semi retirement but others weren`t so lucky and the past is all they have. Sad times and I daresay there are other parts of the Country, Wales, Yorkshire etc which are just the same.'
You have a wonderful way with words & the images you create are so vivid.

Lots of products, lots of lies, spin and PR.

Lots of new products,lots of new 'special fillings'

Yep Shopper we`re practically neighbours. I only moved to this neck of the woods when I remarried 6 years ago but hubby has lived here all of his life. I`ve always lived in the North West and was born not far from Preston and when my first husband was alive we lived in a small village on the outskirts of Bolton.
Living here has been a learning curve because it`s an area of great rivalry much like Manchester and Liverpool are divided by their football teams then this area is divided by their rugby teams. You have the Pie Eaters from Wigan and the Lobby Gobblers from Leigh which is still a part of Wigan but any leigh-ther worth his/her salt would 100% argue that point.
Lobby is a watery stew by the way, the meat and veg in it are cut into very small pieces so when it`s cooked it has a much thinner consistency than stew. I`ve only ever eaten it once and that was enough.
It`s an area of strong people, especially strong women. To this day there are families who are still ostracised because their menfolk broke the picket lines during the miners strike. There is no forgive or forget with these people even after all these years. As an outsider I find it strange but when I chat to hubby and his sisters and brother then I can partly see why.
It was the men who picketed but it was the women who held everything else together and my husband says that without his late first wife he would never have coped. She along with many other women fended off the bailiffs, argued with banks and building societies to keep a roof over their heads, begged local shopkeepers for tick so they could feed their kids and spent hours sorting through food donations from foreign Countries such as Russia and Poland even though they couldn`t understand the labels on the tins and were faced with foodstuffs alien to the Lancashire pallette.
As miners they were given free coal so every house had coal fires but when they striked then the free coal stopped so there were families literally freezing in their homes. The men went on the rob and stole coal from the pits, many were arrested and charged. The women pawned their wedding rings and anything else and even though there is long lasting bitterness there is also long lasting pride. Even to this day they have a Miners Welfare building and ex miners still march in the local carnival but the pits closures also meant the end of small local shops and businesses and to this day there are men who have never worked again.
My husband was in his 50`s and he went on to be self employed and then to semi retirement but others weren`t so lucky and the past is all they have. Sad times and I daresay there are other parts of the Country, Wales, Yorkshire etc which are just the same.

I do enjoy these tales of Northern pasts, thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
very sad times for the miners and their families still remember seeing it on the tv...I was very young but understood it all. and my heart was with them all

very sad times for the miners and their families still remember seeing it on the tv...I was very young but understood it all. and my heart was with them all

It was sad, I suppose. I quite like parts of Northumberland and Newcastle. I was driving across the bridge from Gateshead a couple of months ago listening to Jimmy Nail songs. I feel sorry for how the industrial situation has left a great gaping hole in people's lives for generations. It's just a shame we're not very good at manufacturing things in this country. Just take a look at the awful cars British Leyland produced - quite dreadful!

Had a quick look before and caught Brett saying how his lies, sorry pies, have won awards. Eh? If it's a new company, new pies, new recipes how can those new pies in the last few weeks have won awards? Answer is.......they haven't he's just trading on the name. Sounds a bit like Triggers new broom. :mysmilie_17:

Also seen that alarm clock (which I remember) proves QVC have sold tat from day one. With postage that car alarm clock would've came to £45 in today's money........I rest my case. :mysmilie_3:

The Real Pie Company

I note that the RPC seem to have kept a low profile. What have they been up to? Are they still touting their shoddy old pies? Are they still cramming them to the crust with lies? Has smirking Brett Hornby made any more telly appearances?

I note that the RPC seem to have kept a low profile. What have they been up to? Are they still touting their shoddy old pies? Are they still cramming them to the crust with lies? Has smirking Brett Hornby made any more telly appearances?

He was on tonight sniggering like a school boy with Dale and Andy Peters. What happened to the pie women?
Andy P was on again with Lindt and stated he is not allowed to throw the chocolates any more.

'My husband was in his 50`s and he went on to be self employed and then to semi retirement but others weren`t so lucky and the past is all they have. Sad times and I daresay there are other parts of the Country, Wales, Yorkshire etc which are just the same.'
You have a wonderful way with words & the images you create are so vivid.

Yes, I was in Barnsley then.

I just feel annoyed every time I see Real Pie man gurning away without a care in the world. And QVC make me feel a little sick for treating him like this great friendly guy who happens to make "homemade" pies. I always just think of those he left owing a ton of money to....feel so sorry for them.

I think Brett Hornby is more interested in having a laugh with Andi Peters than his products, I remember a couple of weeks ago he tried shoving cream in Andi Peters face and it back fired drastically, just made him look like a right idiot. Him and his partner should concentrate more on rectifying those bad reviews, than playtime at QVC.

He was on tonight sniggering like a school boy with Dale and Andy Peters. What happened to the pie women?
Andy P was on again with Lindt and stated he is not allowed to throw the chocolates any more.

So my email to the top was partially successful, he was obviously told to change his behaviour but sadly is still on contract. Such an irritating individual.

I’ve missed the situation with The Real Pie Company has something happened?
Could someone please enlighten me.
Thanks

There was a complaint on the QVC Facebook the other day about their Mince Pies. Arrived badly packed and broken also no dry ice pack! The latter was mentioned by one of the QVC team saying they should come with a dry ice pack!

I’ve missed the situation with The Real Pie Company has something happened?
Could someone please enlighten me.
Thanks

TRPC went in to administration so Brett Wannabe and his partner/husband apparently have taken over and now own/run the company, to be honest if he runs his company like he acts on Andi Peters Food Fest, goodness knows what they do to those pies.

I have no understanding of the company business, such as going bust then resetting back up in business as the same company a day later.
I thought Brett’s partners parents owned the company, I’m sure I’ve heard him referring to the mother and recipes.
Did they have a butchers shop and sold their pies, don’t think I’ve ever watched a full hour of pies.
What bit I’ve seen there was a blonde woman trying to take control whilst Brett messed about and chatted to the presenter.

Oh goodness no DG, I couldn’t stand a full hour either. He’s commented on them being “his mother in laws recipes” so I suppose he keeps them. That blonde woman was a work colleague, she used to knock me sick the way she’d lick her fingers then touch and eat the pies, ooooh! that’s made my tummy turn just thinking of it :puke: :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back