The Real Pie Company?? wonder whats happend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Quite literally...most probably!!! Oh dear! People won't like me saying thaaaaaaaaat!

You said what I was thinking !

It will be interesting to hear their sales pitch now that we know the pies are not hand-crafted in a country kitchen by artisans using top quality ingredients sourced from local suppliers and fully traceable back to the individual animal. :mysmilie_11:

When the pies returned last week Flinty asked if a pasty had been made specially for telly - she's so professional... The reply was: "I went into the kitchens on the way in to pick these up". I suppose that kitchen could have been somewhere on the way to Chiswick but that doesn't seem right. See below from 1:10

https://www.qvcuk.com/The-Real-Pie-...d-Pasty-Selection.product.807927.html?sc=PSCH

What a load of old bollocks, he's obviously known for months he'd be on with one of his sweaty pies, so why not grab one the day before and keep it in his freezer save himself a trip, honestly they must think QVC customers were born yesterday.

What a load of old bollocks, he's obviously known for months he'd be on with one of his sweaty pies, so why not grab one the day before and keep it in his freezer save himself a trip, honestly they must think QVC customers were born yesterday.

Name for the 'new' company or a recipe suggestion?:mysmilie_17: It's all so murky; we all know that people can be be economical with the truth but the fact that this fiasco is about food makes it so much worse.

Name for the 'new' company or a recipe suggestion?:mysmilie_17: It's all so murky; we all know that people can be be economical with the truth but the fact that this fiasco is about food makes it so much worse.

How about....... "The Real Sly Company" :mysmilie_17:

How about....... "The Real Sly Company" :mysmilie_17:

Witty & on the money.

I don't eat much pastry because it goes straight to my child-bearing hips &, as a veggie who worries about palm oil, I don't eat bought pies etc. The big exception is a cheese & onion slice from Greggs, I love them. I justify eating them knowing I'm going to spend two hours+ sitting on a cold & hard plastic seat in a cold football stadium with my fingers & toes crossed willing our boys to win.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said before, I think "The Real LIE Company" is quite befitting.

Little ***** ******,
tacky and corny,
thinking of Christmas pies,
said: "oh for God's sake, what shall we bake?
I know - a whole load of lies!

'cos it's our worst time yet,
we're a million in debt,
so a million pies we must sell.
Our external providers are just mere outsiders,
and I don't care if they go to hell.

Pies so crammed to the crust,
like a boil filled with pus,
and some gravy and two lumps of meat,
also just for your pleasure, we'll add for good measure,
a spoonful of lies and deceit!

We are winding it down.
What went round, came around.
But who cares? Me? I really care Jack!
One thing that is certain, it ain't final curtains,
'cos I promise you...I WILL BE BACK!

The real lie company have just been on the weekend kitchen selling pasties. :mysmilie_10:

I'm suggesting they were made previously and kept frozen before they went bust by another bakery. :mysmilie_10:

Just caught a minute of QVC, you can tell Brett Wanabe is uncomfortable, and quite rightly so. I see the woman he’s normally on with, you know the woman who licks her fingers then touches the food so hygiene is obviously the forefront for her, but she doesn’t seem to want to show her face. Personally I’d no more buy food from QVC than I would chew my own arm off, but I feel for people who have and regretted it because they’re not as described.

Twilight and EM, I thank you :heart:

It is utterly bizarre that they can talk about TRPC winning X amount of awards this year. Of the ingredients used...which must now be sourced from completely different places than before surely?

Does it count that an owner using an old company name can claim to have won awards for these pies and pasties, when they are now made in a different place with ingredients from other sources?

The real lie company have just been on the weekend kitchen selling pasties. :mysmilie_10:

I'm suggesting they were made previously and kept frozen before they went bust by another bakery. :mysmilie_10:

Customer Services told me on the telephone that the products are baked fresh. Doesn't add up, does it?

When the pies returned last week Flinty asked if a pasty had been made specially for telly - she's so professional... The reply was: "I went into the kitchens on the way in to pick these up". I suppose that kitchen could have been somewhere on the way to Chiswick but that doesn't seem right. See below from 1:10

https://www.qvcuk.com/The-Real-Pie-...d-Pasty-Selection.product.807927.html?sc=PSCH
I just watched that to catch the remark and had to turn it off after a couple of minutes! When Del Boy cut into the fabulous pasty, all the meat fell out and stayed in individual mince "grains". There was no binding or whatever you call it to hold the contents together. It seemed very odd to me. Now I don't eat pasties, but if the ones from Greggs were like that, surely people who eat them walking along would just leave a trail of meat along the street? Or perhaps they do and I have never noticed!!!! LOL.

So are they now trading as this new company then but selling under the old RPC name? I know it is true that people can walk away and leave their debts behind, starting up as a new company, but he must surely have to pay for the use of what I assume is a registered name. Perhaps TRPC could then use the money to settle a few debts.....

I have just read a lot of earlier posts and would like to add my vote for Pieminster pies which I occasionally buy in Waitrose.

I buy pies from Waitrose. they sell their own brand and I have had the Piemaster. plenty of places to get a nice pie

So are they now trading as this new company then but selling under the old RPC name? I know it is true that people can walk away and leave their debts behind, starting up as a new company, but he must surely have to pay for the use of what I assume is a registered name. Perhaps TRPC could then use the money to settle a few debts.....

I believe him and his partner bought some TRPC assets including the name. They aren't obliged to pay anything to past creditors.

You have to wonder how they might have reacted, seeing Brett's grinning gurning face on TV, tucking into pies without a care in the world, while they wonder just how the hell they will cope with having lost tens of thousands of pounds. There must be a few TV's with bricks through them after that show.

Latest posts

Back