The Real Pie Company?? wonder whats happend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The long, hot summer hasn't been the season for eating stick to your ribs food so I can understand a company such as this using the time to have a break, make changes, plan ahead etc. However, there seem to have been too many reasons for their low profile. Their QVC return would appear to be at the right time of the year but to paraphrase Stingray "Anything can happen in the next four weeks".

Caught a show the other day with TRPC back on air. I think it was Simon Biaggi who said "they haven't been here for a while. They were taking a break" to which FNPM (Friday Night Pie Man) said "we needed a holiday"

Come off it mate. You regularly point out that only 8 people work there. It would be commercial suicide to close down a company and all go on holiday for god knows how long when your company is that small....never gonna happen. And almost certainly not the truth.

Caught a show the other day with TRPC back on air. I think it was Simon Biaggi who said "they haven't been here for a while. They were taking a break" to which FNPM (Friday Night Pie Man) said "we needed a holiday"

Come off it mate. You regularly point out that only 8 people work there. It would be commercial suicide to close down a company and all go on holiday for god knows how long when your company is that small....never gonna happen. And almost certainly not the truth.

There were so many conflicting statements made, they couldn't all have been reasonably, probably true.

1) Statement posted on QVC stating TRPC were taking a break and that there were definitely no quality issues.
2) Statement on TRPC website stating that they are in the kitchen "whipping up some fantastic new pies."
3) Statement on TRPC's voicemail saying that they were closed due to "a supply issue."
4) Statement on TRPC website from Lee saying that they they had been hard at work buying out shareholders so that they could bring the quality back.

So what to make of the above premises? Well, they couldn't have been "on holiday" if they were "in the kitchen whipping up ...new pies," and they couldn't have been "in the kitchen whipping up ...new pies" if they had a "supply issue." The flat-out denial of any quality issues by QVC indicates that there like WERE quality issues, and this is back up by Lee's statement. He comes across as a more honest, if not foot-in-mouth gaffe type.
Given that no small businesses would likely wish to take such a long time off (they haven't before, to the best of my knowledge) it is most reasonable to conclude that there were some internal wranglings at TRPC, and that they tried to get financial backing by external shareholders but were not happy with the changes to the products that were likely forced on them, therefore they had to secure funding to buy them out. Maybe the y had got in the shareholders because the company was struggling financially, or maybe they were simply trying to expand. We will never know because TRPC is excluded from having its accounts audited by Companies House. When their turning increases to > £1,000,000 however this will change.

Last edited:
Blimey what a ‘Mickey Mouse’ company (apologies to the rodent). All those suppliers - how many bakers, delivery companies and equipment suppliers do they need to make pies ? The only thing missing is a supplier of ingredients !

Now we know what they did during the school holidays. Will they be able to trade their way out of this mess via QVC ?

Are these the same people that ran Buccleugh and the various other meat and pie companies on QVC over the years ?

I always thought the demonstrator chap was a bit iffy. And how many suppliers do you need to make a pie anyway ? bit of pastry, chicken/beef, and some sausage meat for sausage rolls !

There`ll be unsuspecting Q customers wanting to buy their overpriced Christmas buffet pork pie or their sausage rolls and I can`t but help feeling there could be a festive Pie-Gate catastrophe waiting to happen.

It's all very odd & at the bottom of their website their address details now start with BB's Foods Ltd - The Real Pie Co. This company was launched or incorporated on 20th July & I must be very naive as I can't understand how this can happen.

Yes, they are now operating under a new company name BB Foods Ltd. In the words of AC/DC Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. That is what can happen in business, transfer the company to someone else but the original owners really still running behind the scenes give a new shiny name and just carry on.

If I’ve read one of those docs correctly, BB’s Foods was set up by Brett, one of the Real Pie men. He bought some of the company assets dirt cheap, the most valuable of which is the guaranteed air-time with QVC, through which he will make most of his income. I wonder where his kitchen is ?

When a company goes into administration those owed money don't get it & their list of creditors is considerable. I would have thought this must mean other suppliers will not want to get involved. Oh, the irony of using the word 'Real'.

Latest posts

Back