The Real Pie Company?? wonder whats happend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Retrovertigo, Brett’s partner sounds just as bad as him, you think he’d have told Brett that respect is the single most biggest asset you can have as a business, something Brett, and his partner, lack.

todays show 10 mince pies for over 25 quid delivered ....

hmmmm do they come served by a butler for that price!

So long as it’s not Brett and his partner, I’d want more Ryan Reynolds not Burt Reynolds (I don’t find Burt in the least bit attractive, Ryan on the other hand.......yummy!). :mysmilie_3:

So long as it’s not Brett and his partner, I’d want more Ryan Reynolds not Burt Reynolds (I don’t find Burt in the least bit attractive, Ryan on the other hand.......yummy!). :mysmilie_3:

He most definitely is as well as being funny, kind & an all round lush man. Blake is a fortunate girl.

Burt died last week.

My understanding is that the administrators for RPC bundled up some of the assets and sold the bundle to Brett. Presumably it included enough for him to carry on making pies. No idea which premises he’s using though.

Another thought. They had to stop using their original premises because they didn’t meet H&S standards. But their pies won awards ? The awards obviously don’t check the manufacturing processes then, source of ingredients etc ?

Burt died last week.

My understanding is that the administrators for RPC bundled up some of the assets and sold the bundle to Brett. Presumably it included enough for him to carry on making pies. No idea which premises he’s using though.

Another thought. They had to stop using their original premises because they didn’t meet H&S standards. But their pies won awards ? The awards obviously don’t check the manufacturing processes then, source of ingredients etc ?

A few days ago someone posted a screenshot on Q's Facebook. It was of a notice, I assume they had put it up on their premises, & it gave several reasons for their closure: their commitment to the Q meaning the production of a huge number of goods, Listeria (!) & something about a landlord. It all makes Sweeney Todd look like someone on the Bake Off.

A few days ago someone posted a screenshot on Q's Facebook. It was of a notice, I assume they had put it up on their premises, & it gave several reasons for their closure: their commitment to the Q meaning the production of a huge number of goods, Listeria (!) & something about a landlord. It all makes Sweeney Todd look like someone on the Bake Off.

If they'd paid their rent and abided by their agreement with the landlord, the landlord would likely have left them alone. So either TRPC owed rent arrears (most likely) and / or the landlord failed to somehow meet their obligations. There could possibly have been hygiene issues - certainly Christine's finger-licking, pie-touching activities didn't instill much confidence, and given the huge orders they took on, it is likely they had to cut corners on quality and certain practices.

Something seems dodgy about this whole RPC situation. I want to find out more about Benediktas. I wonder how he came to get caught up in this whole Piegate saga?

Mrs Lovett is probably the manager of the shop :mysmilie_17:

Something seems dodgy about this whole RPC situation. I want to find out more about Benediktas. I wonder how he came to get caught up in this whole Piegate saga?

Your next front page?

lets just be honest the fact that some of the reviews say the pies are fabulous and some say they are dreadful makes you know they are made randomly by anyone and everywhere

lets just be honest the fact that some of the reviews say the pies are fabulous and some say they are dreadful makes you know they are made randomly by anyone and everywhere

I try hard to look at things logically. If the pies were truly literally "crammed to the crust" with wholesome, good quality ingredients, people wouldn't have written about the quality issues they did. Yes of course there's no pleasing some members of the general public, but why were so many writing about the increasingly poor quality? If the service were so wonderful, there would not be that scale of negative complaints. In trying to expand they went from small-scale exclusive "upper crust" (pun intended) pies to mass market drivel a la Fray Bentos. It all became about the marketing, packaging and branding and they lost their so-called "brand essence." With that TRPC became "pie in the sky." Given the sorts of numbers of units shopping telly outfits like QVC shift, one can hardly expects 6 people to be toiling away it a little kitchen in Crawley, so they automated bits, they cheapened the recipe, they cut corners - hoisting themselves by their own petard.

In today's world we can post a review in the blink of an eye. Things are ranked, shared, critiqued and evaluated and classified.

I'd quite to do what media types call a "testicle." No I'm not suggesting making pies filled with bollocks...although I'm sure such pies can be procured...I'm talking about "testicle" the compound word as used by certain trendy media types...to refer to a journalistic article that tests variants of a product. It'd be great to get a true pie expert to comment on the quality of the pies.

mine were tiny. 2 cm cubes of meat and a tsp of sauce or gravy. some said they have lovely pies and buy them all the time. I rest my case

I may be missing something here, but why do we even care anymore?

Do we buy the pies? No!
Do we know the pies are shite? Yes!!!
Do we know they lie about the pies?? Yes!!!!

Is there really anything more to say??

I'm only really interested now in hearing him squirm on the next show, or of any real scandal - ie he's been found making his own "special filling". :mysmilie_11:

Yes I am a disgusting human being.

Last edited:
I may be missing something here, but why do we even care anymore?

Do we buy the pies? No!
Do we know the pies are shite? Yes!!!
Do we know they lie about the pies?? Yes!!!!

Is there really anything more to say??

I'm only really interested now in hearing him squirm on the next show, or of any real scandal - ie he's been found making his own "special filling". :mysmilie_11:

Yes I am a disgusting human being.

I care because many people will have been affected, businesses are owed money & some people will have lost their jobs. Bottom line is that I don't like duplicity.

I care because many people will have been affected, businesses are owed money & some people will have lost their jobs. Bottom line is that I don't like duplicity.

I couldn't agree more, Twilight. Another factor is that TRPC are still around touting their wares, bigged up Mr Andi "I'm not comfortable within myself and I've got one chip on each shoulder" Peters.

all in the name of profits. its all about the money I know I won't be buying their pies. got a full refund and thats enough for me.

There were so many conflicting statements made, they couldn't all have been reasonably, probably true.

1) Statement posted on QVC stating TRPC were taking a break and that there were definitely no quality issues.
2) Statement on TRPC website stating that they are in the kitchen "whipping up some fantastic new pies."
3) Statement on TRPC's voicemail saying that they were closed due to "a supply issue."
4) Statement on TRPC website from Lee saying that they they had been hard at work buying out shareholders so that they could bring the quality back.

So what to make of the above premises? Well, they couldn't have been "on holiday" if they were "in the kitchen whipping up ...new pies," and they couldn't have been "in the kitchen whipping up ...new pies" if they had a "supply issue." The flat-out denial of any quality issues by QVC indicates that there like WERE quality issues, and this is back up by Lee's statement. He comes across as a more honest, if not foot-in-mouth gaffe type.
Given that no small businesses would likely wish to take such a long time off (they haven't before, to the best of my knowledge) it is most reasonable to conclude that there were some internal wranglings at TRPC, and that they tried to get financial backing by external shareholders but were not happy with the changes to the products that were likely forced on them, therefore they had to secure funding to buy them out. Maybe the y had got in the shareholders because the company was struggling financially, or maybe they were simply trying to expand. We will never know because TRPC is excluded from having its accounts audited by Companies House. When their turning increases to > £1,000,000 however this will change.

A company that tries to cover up the true reason for their absence and in the process try and hoodwink the public with so many 'excuses', cannot, in any circumstance be trusted. Were they so naive (or arrogant) as to think that the truth would not eventually come out.
If QVC don't want to be tarred with the same brush, then they need to drop this unscrupulous and totally untrustworthy shower of sh1te as soon as they possibly can. By being continually associated with them will only diminish QVC's credibility even further.

Yes, that has happened, but we can't change it. Of course I feel for anyone who looses their job, but that's life. ( It happens every day, & all of us bitching won't change things.) It's probably happened to many of us at some point - me included.

Note to say that the last bit of my previous post was a joke. Just saying.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back