The Real Pie Company?? wonder whats happend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have you ever noticed the latest HAND COOKED logo on crisps?

They had a programme on TV about these HAND COOKED crisps being made in a huge automated factory.

But they did show a hand pressing the button to start up the giant machines, so I suppose that this amounts to HAND COOKED.

A bit of common sense shows they could not possibly make tons of HAND COOKED crisps every day.

I guess that's a bit better than some poor factory pleb actually being required to sticking his/her hand in the fryer to make our "artisanal" crisps...

peel the potato, slice by hand, fry in small batches, lift and drain on artisan made paper.

Artisan - a name given to a product which is average quality but charged at a high price ...

Brings a whole new saying........these Laura Geller Balance and Brighten are a pain in the Artisan. :mysmilie_17:

on the, the real pie company facebook page it states & i quote

"So we thought we would give you all a little update on what's been happening as there seems to be alot of speculation going around.

We took a very quick break for a couple of weeks. We have worked extremely hard over the last 6 years with very minimal holiday inbetween. As the weather has been so hot it's seemed like a natural time to take a short break. Also during this time I (Brett) with Ben (production manager) decided to purchase parts of the business so that we have full control and not answerable to other shareholders and bring back the true quality to our pies, the way we all want to have them - "Crammed to the Crust"

In order to have a full break we unpublished our Facebook page so that we can step away from our mobile phones and emails so that we can spend some true quality family time.

We are back from our holiday on Monday, so speak to you all then.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Regards
Brett

P.S. Don't forget, Friday is Pie Night - Peppered Steak Pie for me "

on the, the real pie company facebook page it states & i quote

"So we thought we would give you all a little update on what's been happening as there seems to be alot of speculation going around.

We took a very quick break for a couple of weeks. We have worked extremely hard over the last 6 years with very minimal holiday inbetween. As the weather has been so hot it's seemed like a natural time to take a short break. Also during this time I (Brett) with Ben (production manager) decided to purchase parts of the business so that we have full control and not answerable to other shareholders and bring back the true quality to our pies, the way we all want to have them - "Crammed to the Crust"

In order to have a full break we unpublished our Facebook page so that we can step away from our mobile phones and emails so that we can spend some true quality family time.

We are back from our holiday on Monday, so speak to you all then.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Regards
Brett

P.S. Don't forget, Friday is Pie Night - Peppered Steak Pie for me "

Now we know they should be called "The Real Lie Company." Their telephone voice message said that they were encountering supply problems. Their website said that they were in the kitchen, whipping up pies. This is not a company to be trusted. They are obviously masking something. Furthermore, the message on QVC was that the situation was "not due to any quality issues." Nothing adds up.

Hope they get what they deserve - the lying b'stards.

"Not due to quality issues" - yet Brett and Ben allegedly bought out part of the company "to bring back the quality."
"We're having temporary supply problem" (voicemail) yet their website said "we're in the kitchen whipping up some amazing new pies. - We know they can't have been making pies if they had supply problems, and they wouldn't have been making pies if they "were taking time out."

So my reading into this is:

They likely had financial problems of one sort or another and were embarrassed as hell about it. There has been a buyout of some kind or they've been trying to get financial help to keep them afloat, and they don't want to tell us about it.

Boycott the b'stards and let them go under!

Last edited:
any business that tells lies is not a business i want to support..specially a food supplier

It's hard to boycott something I wouldn't dream of buying in the first place. .... And I don't want any small business to "go under".

I understand your thoughts on this, QVC, although I personally don't agree with them. In my line of work I have to sift through so much PR garbage I can see it a mile off. As someone who cares greatly about what they eat I couldn't trust a company that I knew to be lying. The reason people generally like small businesses is because they feel that they know and trust them.....

I cannot imagine any small business just randomly taking time out in way RPC did - they simply couldn't afford to. The RPC's communications are so conflicting it indicates outright deception. The statements are too conflicting in their premises for it to be the result of a misunderstanding.

It was QVC that said it "was not due to quality issues" (which, with their track record, means it likely WAS due to quality issues). Then we have Brett's statement about buying out shareholders and bringing the quality BACK. Now if they needed to bring the quality BACK, then it logically follows that the quality was lost, does it not? So Brett's statement contradicts QVC's. However on the RPC's voicemail they said they were having "supply issues" and on their own website they said they were "in the kitchen, whipping up amazing new pies! How the hell can they be making pies without ingredients? And if they were taking a break, why would they be making pies, anyway? They've contradicted themselves.

Who knows, maybe Theresa May has been moonlighting as their PR agent?!

I hope the RPC get what they deserve, and Theresa May, for that matter.

any business that tells lies is not a business i want to support..specially a food supplier

I totally agree, a business built on deceit shouldn't be in business anyway, and yes you're right, especially food. I have no sympathy for them, it's the people who bought in to their "crammed to the crust" bollocks I feel sorry for, parting with their hard earned money for sub standard pies, it's totally unacceptable.

Looks like Brett Wannabe will have to nip the supermarket to grab a peppered steak pie for his pie night.

Makes more of a mockery the presenters ooing and aahing in ecstasy over substandard pies TRPC just admitted to as they want to take back control.

If I could turn the page,
in time then I'd rearrange
just a pie or two!
(Lovely, lovely, lovely pies)

We've just got to stuff the crust,
we must,yeah, or we'll go bust!
Let's get on with it!

Let's make pies, let's make nice little pies!
Or... we... will... be pie in the sky!

We took time out to get it right.
Believe me, no sleepless nights!
Let's get on on with it!

We've just got to stuff the crust,
we must,yeah, or we'll go bust!
Let's get on with it!

Or... we... will... be pie in the sky!

(Repeat and fade)

You've cast doubts on the origins of the meat they use, suggesting it's horse meat and repeatedly accused them of lying about things. All this with not one shred of evidence for your outlandish claims. I understand you freelance for the Daily Express which could go some way to explain this cavalier disregard for facts and evidence, but I think your thinly veiled insinuations and attacks on this company are unwise.

I wouldn't personally buy the food, because I think it's overhyped and overpriced, much like all QVC food. But that's a different matter from making unsubstantiated, unwarranted and potentially actionable accusations against a company just because you don't like them much. I know lots of us are on this site for a bit of a laugh and to burst QVC's self-important bubble, but peddling this sort of idle rumour and accusation is at best unhelpful and at worst a bit 'Fake News-y'.

Just to clarify that my post above is in response to this post, amongst others:

Now we know they should be called "The Real Lie Company." Their telephone voice message said that they were encountering supply problems. Their website said that they were in the kitchen, whipping up pies. This is not a company to be trusted. They are obviously masking something. Furthermore, the message on QVC was that the situation was "not due to any quality issues." Nothing adds up.

Hope they get what they deserve - the lying b'stards.

"Not due to quality issues" - yet Brett and Ben allegedly bought out part of the company "to bring back the quality."
"We're having temporary supply problem" (voicemail) yet their website said "we're in the kitchen whipping up some amazing new pies. - We know they can't have been making pies if they had supply problems, and they wouldn't have been making pies if they "were taking time out."

So my reading into this is:

They likely had financial problems of one sort or another and were embarrassed as hell about it. There has been a buyout of some kind or they've been trying to get financial help to keep them afloat, and they don't want to tell us about it.

Boycott the b'stards and let them go under!

Latest posts

Back