Alison Cork for London Mayor?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She might be OK. I'm sure she can't be any worse than awful Boris Johnson. Sadiq Khan is not my cup of tea either. I quite liked Ken, although his bendy buses were terrible.

I don't know why, but whenever a woman candidate comes up for a political role, more often than not they mention they are championing women's causes in some way or other. Is this necessary in 2018? I wonder why they feel the need to do this. I'm sure if a man were to say he's going to stand up for men's issues, it wouldn't go down terribly well at all. I'm not saying that women should not champion women's issues if they feel they want to, and I know that historically women have been under-represented in many areas, it just seems questionable.

I interviewed all the candidates in the last race and noticed that pretty much each candidate seemed to be going for a segment of society and targeting the vote from that demographic. Sadiq Khan spoke about supporting Muslims in London. I asked him why this should matter, given that most people in London are not Muslim, and what he was going to do about other issues. It didn't go down terribly well, but I will always ask the questions I feel are worth asking and if something jumps out at me like that I will ask about it.

She might be OK. I'm sure she can't be any worse than awful Boris Johnson. Sadiq Khan is not my cup of tea either. I quite liked Ken, although his bendy buses were terrible.

I don't know why, but whenever a woman candidate comes up for a political role, more often than not they mention they are championing women's causes in some way or other. Is this necessary in 2018? I wonder why they feel the need to do this. I'm sure if a man were to say he's going to stand up for men's issues, it wouldn't go down terribly well at all. I'm not saying that women should not champion women's issues if they feel they want to, and I know that historically women have been under-represented in many areas, it just seems questionable.

I interviewed all the candidates in the last race and noticed that pretty much each candidate seemed to be going for a segment of society and targeting the vote from that demographic. Sadiq Khan spoke about supporting Muslims in London. I asked him why this should matter, given that most people in London are not Muslim, and what he was going to do about other issues. It didn't go down terribly well, but I will always ask the questions I feel are worth asking and if something jumps out at me like that I will ask about it.

Couldn't agree more, Julius. The entire list seems to have been picked for PC reasons but I guess that's the times we live in. Not a single standout candidate on the list - just lots of people ticking boxes. It's the same in all parties unfortunately. The tories need someone with star quality if they're to retake remainer London. Nobody on that list fits the bill. Looks like it is to be Little Sadiq for the next term too, sadly ... but hats off to Alison Cork for at least attempting to spray county hall with glitter and snow frosting.

Couldn't agree more, Julius. The entire list seems to have been picked for PC reasons but I guess that's the times we live in. Not a single standout candidate on the list - just lots of people ticking boxes. It's the same in all parties unfortunately. The tories need someone with star quality if they're to retake remainer London. Nobody on that list fits the bill. Looks like it is to be Little Sadiq for the next term too, sadly ... but hats off to Alison Cork for at least attempting to spray county hall with glitter and snow frosting.

Maybe she's gonna bling up the trees in Park Lane with cubic zirconia / Diamonique stones for Winter Wonderland?

City Hall full of console tables covered in glitter & sequins from the faux mounted heads!

As a Conservative she'll feel right at home with QVC and Michelle Moan (I know what I mean :mysmilie_17:) after all, you can't spell "Conservative" without spelling "CON". :mysmilie_3:

So which QVC presenters / guests do you feel could be potential London mayoral candidates?

Gill Gauntlett - She'd care about women on the fringe of society - that's when she can see them through her fringe.

Richard Jackson - He'd ensure he gets the contract for supplying gardening products to the Royal Parks. All plants, flowers and trees in Hyde Park would double in size with all that Flower Power.

Julie Bates - She would ensure City Hall has the most sumptuous arrays of beautiful flaaahs, and would make London the phalaenopsis capital of Europe.

Jan Springer - She would revel in the gold in her mayoral chain.

Jill Franks - she should sort out the issues that she sees in London that matter to her, because she is a real Londoner.

Simon Biagi - He would put London on the centre stage AND do a whole lot more besides.

Kelly Hoppen - Would redesign the walls of each tube station so they're all in the same shade of celeron grey with a subtle honeycomb weave below the dado rail.

Latest posts

Back