Tarte discontinued?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Some are saying its to do with the 25% tariff thing? UK customers will not want to pay for it. There were many brands Sephora would not ship to the UK anyway.

Sephora is an LVMH company and they are French-based.

Hi, what's LVMH please?xx

Is she going to replace Doris? Hope Doris is well.

This is exactly what I thought, especially since I remember some random vanilla beauty pretender doing a product or 2.

My thoughts exactly- be interesting to see what her opening pitch will be!!

Easy....she just won't say a thing - about the move - q tactic.

Easy: She simply had never tried the [insert range name here] so sure was she that she had found the holy grail. Now she has had the chance to try [insert range name here] her eyes are truly opened!

Of course.....

Last edited by a moderator:
While Leigh is attractive looking, I think her delivery is robotic.

I just hope she looks less orange in the Doll10 foundation, and that Doris gets her to "loosen up" more to display more warmth and fun.

LVMH is Louis Vitton Moet Hennessy, the own loads of brands, Guerlain, Givenchy and Dior also others. They started Sephora and have stores and online in many countries.

As in the very same Louis vuitton (sp) of the handbags? I didn't know Dior at al were all owned by outsiders

As in the very same Louis vuitton (sp) of the handbags? I didn't know Dior at al were all owned by outsiders

Oh yes, very few brands are still owned by original companies. L'Oreal, Estee Lauder and LVMH are the big 3 moved in a bought up over the years.

L'Oreal own It Cosmetics bought them a few years back.

D.F.wrote on her blog on July 5th that Leigh was leaving Tarte to join another big beauty brand but it was one that was not on a shopping channel. So I wonder what that was all about.

Not that impressed with the new Tarte presenter, preferred Leigh - maybe she’ll get better over time.
Interesting that both of the 2 Tarte shows yesterday have mostly the same items in - would of been nice to seen something else demonstrated

Not that impressed with the new Tarte presenter, preferred Leigh - maybe she’ll get better over time.
Interesting that both of the 2 Tarte shows yesterday have mostly the same items in - would of been nice to seen something else demonstrated

This seems to be happening more and more often, I notice.

I think QVC do not carry the amount of stock they used to carry, so the variation in the shows is much more limited - it's very obvious if you look at the products listed for each show. Even for TSV products the shows are cycling through a much smaller number of different products... and the time spent promoting the TSV has increased in both the TSV shows and outside the TSV shows.

I think QVC want to make sure they don't end up in the pickle that House of Fraser has found itself in - masses of inventory that's not paid for, warehouse fulfilment stopped as the warehouse has not been paid either, if the news reports are to be believed. I hope that gets sorted out... but it's a true cautionary tale for the likes of QVC.

Business can often find out the hard way that cashflow is king - and without it you just cannot continue.

Still, I digress!

New presenters for established brands do have a nerviness about them, I think... lots of pressure to maintain the same level of sales as their predecessor, while knowing that there will be people not happy with their presenter style/knowledge/spiel (how many of us take a while to get used to changes?). And if at the same time they only have a limited number of products to talk about that must be hard too. I'd be bored silly repeating the same information about the same products over and over again... I hope they aren't bored too!

IT Cosmetics are sold in Boots now.

Blimey! Boots in the UK? - If so that'll be L'oreals doing....What are the prices like?

I expect IT will become inferior to it's original offerings now that L'oreal has bought them up.....

Iwatched the new presenter on with Franko...It was awful....Lots of mistakes & loud whispering...." CAMERA 3" & the models being called wrong names. Her notes were very conspicuous & her pretend/limited make up application was V.poor. She also got the shades wrong on some of the colours....I know because I have the ones she was Chattin' about.
I now have the impression that she's no make up artist/whatever....really not good....she also dodged the questions because she didn't know the answers.:mysmilie_503: I knew them! Grrrrrr

But Boots are actually owned by Walgreen a massive US company. They bought Liz Earle and it was owned by Boots/Walgreen, think they just use the Boots name in the UK as we have no Walgreen?

Our city centre Boots has been in the same spot for years(they closed the toilets. A certain death keel as far as I am concerned), now it seems they are moving into the old BHS building which much bigger. So we do have a Liz Earle counter at the moment so wonder if we will get It Cosmetics when the move is complete? Oh and toilets too!:mysmilie_59:

Blimey! Boots in the UK? - If so that'll be L'oreals doing....What are the prices like?

I expect IT will become inferior to it's original offerings now that L'oreal has bought them up.....

Iwatched the new presenter on with Franko...It was awful....Lots of mistakes & loud whispering...." CAMERA 3" & the models being called wrong names. Her notes were very conspicuous & her pretend/limited make up application was V.poor. She also got the shades wrong on some of the colours....I know because I have the ones she was Chattin' about.
I now have the impression that she's no make up artist/whatever....really not good....she also dodged the questions because she didn't know the answers.:mysmilie_503: I knew them! Grrrrrr

I like the layout of the website with the left hand column.
https://www.boots.com/it-cosmetics

Latest posts

Back