Drivel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
We all just listen to the 'white noise' that amounts to drivel that the presenters spout when describing goods, but when you focus what is actually said, you do wonder the intelligence of those pea brains.

Tonight Jill Franks was waxing lyrical of the tsv in the promo for Nine Leonard. She did a twirl in the easily creased cardigan, and then said regarding the godets "and shows the versatility........" er, what ???? when did a cut-on-the-bias effect become 'versatile' ??? do they KNOW what they're saying, or hope that we won't notice .

We all just listen to the 'white noise' that amounts to drivel that the presenters spout when describing goods, but when you focus what is actually said, you do wonder the intelligence of those pea brains.

Tonight Jill Franks was waxing lyrical of the tsv in the promo for Nine Leonard. She did a twirl in the easily creased cardigan, and then said regarding the godets "and shows the versatility........" er, what ???? when did a cut-on-the-bias effect become 'versatile' ??? do they KNOW what they're saying, or hope that we won't notice .

Jill doesn't always think before opening her mouth, I'm afraid.

So many filler phrases used on QVC, the most overused being "again." It always makes me laugh when they say something such as: "And again we're just looking at how this little ruching detail looks on Sally there giving it just that more forgiving effect on those issue areas that many people have. And again it's quite unusual to see this level of attention to detail at this particular price point.

I hate it when they start all the lumps and bumps nonsense. Why not just say fat, which is what they mean, e.g. "covers all that fat that we don't want to show off ladies". Or what about hipppy chick when they mean "big bum", or celebrate curves when they mean "you've got a big bust and you know you have". We all know what we are, we might not like it but we are what we are. Flanneling over it doesn't make most of us spend more money although I'm the first to admit I do get taken in on occasion if more than one glass of wine has been consumed :mysmilie_3:

CC

I hate it when they start all the lumps and bumps nonsense. Why not just say fat, which is what they mean, e.g. "covers all that fat that we don't want to show off ladies". Or what about hipppy chick when they mean "big bum", or celebrate curves when they mean "you've got a big bust and you know you have". We all know what we are, we might not like it but we are what we are. Flanneling over it doesn't make most of us spend more money although I'm the first to admit I do get taken in on occasion if more than one glass of wine has been consumed :mysmilie_3:

CC

The most recent one of these stupid statements is "issue areas," ie: "and it has a lovely drape around the arms and the tummy if you're a bit conscious of those issue areas."

It's like yesterday with Silly Halliday, Simon Brown had just put some scrambled eggs in the microwave, when it came out in the handled lock and lock, it was hard on the top and liquid on the bottom were Silly shouts "look at that! self scrambled!" which it was visible for all to see that they really weren't "I love that!" she draws, so they can even lie about things you can blatantly see are lies.

I love it when Simon Brown's cooking demos go wrong. He makes me look good :mysmilie_17: :mysmilie_46:

CC

I didn't realise that Simon had a husband til he mentioned it yesterday, - but then, why should I ? (well one reason is that I'm nosy)

If so many of us have all these "issue areas", why do they keep flogging sleeveless dresses and clothes that wouldn't flatter a teenager?

I didn't realise that Simon had a husband til he mentioned it yesterday, - but then, why should I ? (well one reason is that I'm nosy)

I'm nosey too. He seems a lovely man, great sense of humour which is vital in that job !

My issue area is the junction of the A12 and M25. Accidents between trucks and motorbikes every single day, why does it take 6 hours to clear up ?

The most recent one of these stupid statements is "issue areas," ie: "and it has a lovely drape around the arms and the tummy if you're a bit conscious of those issue areas."

Sally Jacks of bid tv /Ideal world has coined the phrase "Hides a multitude of sins" I'm almost impressed to be fair to her, as much as it is bollocks.

Pardon my language everyone.

After prolonged repetition, even the most inoffensive phrases become deeply annoying. But for guest and presented to appear on screen to ask us to part with our hard-earned money, you wouldn't think it much to ask they prepare properly for the show!!!

The woman who is usually the Join ambassador, but this hour is on with Chuntley, has just said that "back then", she meant ten or fifteen years ago, a dress was seen as only for special occasions but now it's seen as acceptable for daywear & not just evening wear. I've worn dresses all my life & for all occasions, what is she on?

'back then' when she's on about, QVC never sold frocks ! I remember when I first tuned in, there was just an array of tops, trousers and yes, skirts ! there would be the odd summer cotton dress, but clearly the advent of poly/elastene had yet to be created by those 'designers' in New York !!!

The silly bint appears to be devoid of history, as we practically lived in maxi dresses in the late 60's/early 70's, AND made of cheesecloth - pity they don't bring that fabric back again, it was lovely and cool to wear, as was seersucker ! y'know, the tablecloth material :mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back