Kelly Hoppen Home Designs TSV 16/08/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We had brown bowler hats in the junior forms with a fully upturned brim; we got an "order mark" if seen with the brim turned down! The senior school had pillbox hat (panama in Summer) but the senior hat was phased out thankfully!
We had brown "interlock" knickers (thick cotton) and we did athletics outside in them (Cue a mild surge in testosterone next door - teenage boys now grown up with a big-knicker fetish no doubt!). I hated hockey with a passion - nothing broke the wind directly off the Irish Sea on to the hockey field; just a low bank of sandhills. Bitterly cold all year round! (orange skirts for hockey!)

Sorry to hijack this thread xx

We had brown bowler hats in the junior forms with a fully upturned brim; we got an "order mark" if seen with the brim turned down! The senior school had pillbox hat (panama in Summer) but the senior hat was phased out thankfully!
We had brown "interlock" knickers (thick cotton) and we did athletics outside in them (Cue a mild surge in testosterone next door - teenage boys now grown up with a big-knicker fetish no doubt!). I hated hockey with a passion - nothing broke the wind directly off the Irish Sea on to the hockey field; just a low bank of sandhills. Bitterly cold all year round! (orange skirts for hockey!)

Sorry to hijack this thread xx

Yes I remember how windswept and bleak were your hockey fields. I went to Balshaws Grammar School in Leyland and we played QM regularly in tournaments. I do remember inbetween matches at your school we used to walk to a shop which sold delicious cream cakes.
I loved hockey and because I was much taller than your average young teen and Amazonian in build even back then, they used to shove me on the field against miniscule players to rugby tackle the hell out of them. I played with brawn not skill and I ran fast, hit hard and drove through the opposite team like a bulldozer. I stuck out like a sore thumb against my more petite and feminine looking team mates and the one thing I notice nowadays is just how many tall, well built lasses there are. Back then I was a rarity at not far off 6ft tall in my young teens.

Elmslie, that's it. Memory is getting shocking these days! Nice violet jumpers, although I expect they all grew to loathe all shades of purple!
I remember the QM brown bowler hats. I thought their uniform was very sophisticated!
I think I'm a few years older than you Akimbo, so even if I'd gone there, I wouldn't have been in your year. Pretty sure Kirkham GS wasn't an option in my day, it was QM if you passed and Carr Hill if you didn't.

Latest posts

Back