Diamond Spectacular

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Been watching while filing my nails. A couple of observations:

-some of the jewellery that Chuntley and Lauri the guest are ooo-ing and ahh-ing over look so cheap, the sort of thing that falls out of "mid-price" Christmas crackers.

-CHuntley's hair colour/style and make up, whilst nicely done, make her look older in my opinion.

Been watching while filing my nails. A couple of observations:

-some of the jewellery that Chuntley and Lauri the guest are ooo-ing and ahh-ing over look so cheap, the sort of thing that falls out of "mid-price" Christmas crackers.

-CHuntley's hair colour/style and make up, whilst nicely done, make her look older in my opinion.

I tuned in but Huntley's syrupy simpering drove me nuts so I tuned out again!

Lauri gets on my Wickwire (or whatever) is a disgrace to the jewellery industry and does her credibility no favours when lying, yes I’m going to use the term lying because that’s what she’s doing, about the quality and price of what she’s looking at at the time. No respectable jeweller or any jeweller come to that, would touch QVC jewellery with a barge pole, does the diamond expert tell you that so you’re properly informed? does she tell you the majority of small stones are diamond chips swept off floor? does she tell you the clarity and colour of the pieces? No, she darent or she’d never be paid to come back.

Lauri gets on my Wickwire (or whatever) is a disgrace to the jewellery industry and does her credibility no favours when lying, yes I’m going to use the term lying because that’s what she’s doing, about the quality and price of what she’s looking at at the time. No respectable jeweller or any jeweller come to that, would touch QVC jewellery with a barge pole, does the diamond expert tell you that so you’re properly informed? does she tell you the majority of small stones are diamond chips swept off floor? does she tell you the clarity and colour of the pieces? No, she darent or she’d never be paid to come back.

Cath Huntley and that dull American guest were boring. At one point Huntley said "I'm genuinely surprised by this price as I'm sure we've done Diamonique necklaces for around the same price."

At one point Huntley said "I'm genuinely surprised by this price as I'm sure we've done Diamonique necklaces for around the same price."
To paraphrase what they say in court (never been to one but seen them in drama series) "May I refer you to a previous thread named Drivel". They are experts in this & many more can be added, these are 'clean' ones:
Nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo, tommyrot, poppycock, phooey, hot air, eyewash, piffle, garbage, tripe, waffle, bosh, bull, bunk, blah, hogwash, baloney; cobblers, codswallop, stuff and nonsense, tosh, double Dutch...

i enjoyed the show they work well together & sold it quite well

Actually I agree. It’s just that they overdo it at times, and it detracts from the detail of the items. Someone texted in asking about the length of a bracelet - the website said 5.5 inches or something just as daft. Neither CH nor Laurie had any idea. IMO they should give us the length of every bracelet and necklace as a matter of course.

Cath Huntley and that dull American guest were boring. At one point Huntley said "I'm genuinely surprised by this price as I'm sure we've done Diamonique necklaces for around the same price."

What she thought was a way to emphasise the value of the diamond necklace actually underlined that Diamonique is too expensive.

I remember back in my early days of purchasing jewellery from Q, I bought a gold ring with pale aquamarines and it was slightly too big. Rather than send it back I took it to an independently owned jeweller to have it resized. Once he saw the QVC stamp inside he wouldn't touch it because he feared the ring would snap because of the 'hollowed out' inside; he said that QVC buy so much in bulk that I should return it and get the smaller size. Clearly not popular with jewellers.

As for Laurie, I remember a while ago watching an edition of the Posh Pawnbroker, and she was featured going into the shop and getting a valuation on several diamond pieces she wanted to sell. I nearly fell off my chair, so she's clearly not averse to be seen in a pawnbrokers ! (don't QVC pay enough dear ?)

If QVC real diamonds are not your 'cup of tea ' I noticed Diamonique alternatives are available today.Nothing wrong if you like it ,in a decent setting.I also noticed M Moan was on and copies of her real diamond jewellery is available too for us commoners to purchase.No thanks .I will work hard and buy some small decent real diamonds if I want them as I have no desire to have huge CZ ones ,just because they are like hers.

I buy small diamonique pieces because I am pretending that they are real. I feel much safer wearing fak stuff too. I was burgled on holiday in Spain last winter and though they stole about £100 worth of jewellery it was all fake stuff.

I buy small diamonique pieces because I am pretending that they are real. I feel much safer wearing fak stuff too. I was burgled on holiday in Spain last winter and though they stole about £100 worth of jewellery it was all fake stuff.

Doesn't sound like a nice experience, particularly on holiday :( Even if it was Diamonique, it was still yours.

Latest posts

Back