In The Salon with Decleor TSV 19/08/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don’t like the Aroma Cleanse I think it was new and in the last TSV? horrible chemical type smell, not living up to the name then? I agree when the mighty companies take over things are never the same.

I find the Decleor Micellar Water stings my eyes terribly (unlike the Elemis one which doesn't irritate my eyes at all) and in the presentations I've seen, they seem to acknowledge this by saying you need to be careful not to soak the cotton wool pad too much...I don't think anything that is meant to be used on eye makeup should sting your eyes, simple as that!

I find Decleor also stings my eyes,I’m now using Loccitane cleansing water enriched with Shea as I have dry skin,I was given a sample of their new overnight oil/serum and absolutely love it so will purchase when it hits shops.

According to Q, everyone seems to rave about the cleansing water/oil. I have 2 of these one half empty now because I've used it since it was part of a TSV last year, and thought I'd try it, but I will only keep the other as a spare should I run out of cleanser, because I honestly hate this. It is not the type of cleanser I enjoy using, I don't like anything that is runny.

Imo the oil & water are overrated, they must be dirt cheap to make.

For me, I found the Dec M.water stung my eyes, I prefer the oil, but they're really not all that.
On the Q the elemis Mis.water is better for me - At least it has proper botanicals - not a mere dash of rose like the dec. There are some very good misc waters on the DHS - fraction of the price. Can't really go wrong with Simple? Plus any thing that is Superdrugs own brand they will refund if you're not happy. Their misc water was the very first I tried - before Decleor jumped on the wagon. Waitrose own range is also good & comes with the same refund promise. Hope this may be helpful to someone.

I find the Decleor Micellar Water stings my eyes terribly (unlike the Elemis one which doesn't irritate my eyes at all) and in the presentations I've seen, they seem to acknowledge this by saying you need to be careful not to soak the cotton wool pad too much...I don't think anything that is meant to be used on eye makeup should sting your eyes, simple as that!

I'm with you here, T. I posted similar before I read this.

Auto-Delivery Decleor 5 Piece Brighten & Hydrate Skincare Collection £64.92 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.237459

All Prices from Decleor Direct

400ml Aroma Cleanse Soothing Micellar Water Rose worth £29
Hydra Floral White Petal Hydrating Sleeping Mask worth £36
Hydra Floral Everfresh Fresh Skin Hydrating Light Cream worth £43
Hydra Floral Everfresh Hydrating Eye Gel worth £35
Aromessence Neroli Amara worth £48

So £191 worth for about £70.87

Thank you for your comments re Micellar waters and oils. I have 2 Aldi hot cloth cleansers and an Elemis cleansing balm but will give Simple or Superdrug a try. Might still go for this if it is on Easy Pay.

Thank you for your comments re Micellar waters and oils. I have 2 Aldi hot cloth cleansers and an Elemis cleansing balm but will give Simple or Superdrug a try. Might still go for this if it is on Easy Pay.

Can't believe how identical the Aldi Hot Cloth Cleanser is to Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, in texture, smell, ingredients (well, not ingredients there are more chemicals in the LE Cleanse and Polish) not tested on animals and also as important, how it works. Next time Aldi get it in, I'm stocking up on it, at £3.99 for 200ml it would be rude not to :mysmilie_3:

Can't believe how identical the Aldi Hot Cloth Cleanser is to Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, in texture, smell, ingredients (well, not ingredients there are more chemicals in the LE Cleanse and Polish) not tested on animals and also as important, how it works. Next time Aldi get it in, I'm stocking up on it, at £3.99 for 200ml it would be rude not to :mysmilie_3:

I totally agree, but madly, my skin prefers the L.E, as does Mr B's. He is greasy.

I am relieved the price takes it to £70 because I would have been tempted otherwise. I have a load of stock to get through so it would have been a very unnecessary purchase!

I have just finished the Superdrug Natural Brightening cleanser (green tube if that is the wrong name) and thought it was Ok but reminded me of C&P which I am not so keen on. I still have various other DHS ones to try but next in line was a Decleor Micellar Oil which I like a lot. A DHS alternative cleansing oil I do like is Body Shop Camomile.

I totally agree, but madly, my skin prefers the L.E, as does Mr B's. He is greasy.

Believe it or not, out the two it's the Aldi that is nearer to "natural" than the LE one, it's got less chemicals in it but everything else is the same, so it's a shame that, it could've saved you a fortune. :mysmilie_3:

Auto-Delivery Decleor 5 Piece Brighten & Hydrate Skincare Collection £64.92 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.237459

All Prices from Decleor Direct

400ml Aroma Cleanse Soothing Micellar Water Rose worth £29
Hydra Floral White Petal Hydrating Sleeping Mask worth £36
Hydra Floral Everfresh Fresh Skin Hydrating Light Cream worth £43
Hydra Floral Everfresh Hydrating Eye Gel worth £35
Aromessence Neroli Amara worth £48

So £191 worth for about £70.87

Thank you. Using your £191 including p&p ml for ml prices:

400ml Aroma Cleanse Soothing Micellar Water Rose worth £29 cost £10.76
Hydra Floral White Petal Hydrating Sleeping Mask worth £36 cost £13.36
Hydra Floral Everfresh Fresh Skin Hydrating Light Cream worth £43 cost £15.96
Hydra Floral Everfresh Hydrating Eye Gel worth £35 cost £12.99
Aromessence Neroli Amara worth £48 cost 17.80

Without p&p included in calculation the items come in approx a third of the original price.

I don’t need this one, got too much to use already, but a great deal.

I am relieved the price takes it to £70 because I would have been tempted otherwise. I have a load of stock to get through so it would have been a very unnecessary purchase!

I have just finished the Superdrug Natural Brightening cleanser (green tube if that is the wrong name) and thought it was Ok but reminded me of C&P which I am not so keen on. I still have various other DHS ones to try but next in line was a Decleor Micellar Oil which I like a lot. A DHS alternative cleansing oil I do like is Body Shop Camomile.

I absolutely love The Body Shop Chamomile cleansing butter but unfortunately I was allergic to it so I never bothered trying the oil as I'm assuming that I would struggle with that as well.
Pity, because the texture of the butter was the nicest that I've ever used.

Thanks for doing the sums illoyd! As you say, it is a very good deal but I have decided to hold back this time. I am particularly overloaded with cleansers at the moment, lol.

Body shop does a camomile Cleansing balm in a big tub that I've heard good things of. Looks to me to be V good for heavy makeup. There's always a lot of offers to be had with BS .

Thanks for doing the sums illoyd! As you say, it is a very good deal but I have decided to hold back this time. I am particularly overloaded with cleansers at the moment, lol.

Thanks Lloyd. Not for me though. This has red skin all over it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Imo the oil & water are overrated, they must be dirt cheap to make.

For me, I found the Dec M.water stung my eyes, I prefer the oil, but they're really not all that.
On the Q the elemis Mis.water is better for me - At least it has proper botanicals - not a mere dash of rose like the dec. There are some very good misc waters on the DHS - fraction of the price. Can't really go wrong with Simple? Plus any thing that is Superdrugs own brand they will refund if you're not happy. Their misc water was the very first I tried - before Decleor jumped on the wagon. Waitrose own range is also good & comes with the same refund promise. Hope this may be helpful to someone.

I have very sensitive eyes and the Decleor Miceller Water does not irritate them. Just shows we are all different!!

The thing I like about the Elemis cleansing balm, apart from the lovely perfume, is that it is soft to the touch. This BS chamomile butter looks quite solid to me, rather like the new Boots balm. I can't be bothered to work that type of product!

The thing I like about the Elemis cleansing balm, apart from the lovely perfume, is that it is soft to the touch. This BS chamomile butter looks quite solid to me, rather like the new Boots balm. I can't be bothered to work that type of product!
It really isn’t Mazza. It starts to melt the second it goes on your hands.

Latest posts

Back