Lulu Guinness Handbags TSV 29/08/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm just not feeling the goldie looking chain on this bag. Looks like it's fallen off one of butler/wilsons honky designs. I expect it will give someone a 'made in china' type rash.

Anyhow, despite this I've decided that I'll be buying one for the bin man's Xmas pressie & will tuck it away in the gift drawer. Cross them off the list. Best get started on the Xmas shopping, can't leave it too late. Clickitt through Clickitt through!

"made in China type rash" "honky designs". That tickled me that did :mysmilie_19:

I often wonder whether there are some poor little Chinese sweat shop workers who have no shoes but walk around with sub standard LG bags from the waste.Ones with misshapen frames upside down eyes and no straps.How designers get rich making out their overpriced designs are anything but ethically produced annoys me intensely.Besides that ,most of LG designs shown on Q wouldn't accommodate much more than a phone and your purse with whatever is left in it after buying the bag.

Last edited:
I know that I'm definitely in the minority, but I would never spend that amount of money on a handbag whether it be a LG one or one of the other designers.

I can afford to buy a designer handbag, but spending more than the cost of my winter fuel bills on a handbag doesn't sit well with me. I feel the same way about shoes, like the Peter Kaiser brand etc.

I know most women have a 'thing' about handbags and shoes but I certainly don't, but at least I have room at the bottom of my wardrobes. :wink:

I know that I'm definitely in the minority, but I would never spend that amount of money on a handbag whether it be a LG one or one of the other designers.

I can afford to buy a designer handbag, but spending more than the cost of my winter fuel bills on a handbag doesn't sit well with me. I feel the same way about shoes, like the Peter Kaiser brand etc.

I know most women have a 'thing' about handbags and shoes but I certainly don't, but at least I have room at the bottom of my wardrobes. :wink:

I said similar and was challenged over it, don't worry though you won't be, it was just me. :mysmilie_17: I second that though, well said, I feel exactly the same. :mysmilie_3:

I agree with all the previous comments, about target audience, and the disposable income or not, of the young that this bag is clearly targeted at.

However, I do believe that QVC have no concept of salaries outside the golden circle that is the M25, when offering luxury priced items. I would love to see statistically where the buyers of these goods live. The wealthy of Cheshire maybe, certainly not the depressed N.East, but I'd hazard a guess most of their buyers live within a 5 mile radius of their studios in Chiswick, and all points South into Surrey/Sussex/Hampshire.

Its a noticeable fact when shopping that retailers 'cater' for their population. When M & S had a shop in Stevenage, their food department filled the shelves with pie and pizzas, yet further down the A1 in 'posher' St Albans, the M & S stocked all manner of delicacies from around the world - which of course the good folk of Stevenage its thought would not have appreciated ! so just check in your local M & S and see how the company view your town, its an interesting exercise.

Lulu Guinness Amber Crossbody Bag
Item Number: 173901
QVC Price £319.00
Todays Special Value Price £239.97
P&P £0.00

Currently only available at QVC UK, this gorgeous leather Amber bag from Lulu Guinness features a curved rectangular shape with a leather and chain strap that can be adjusted to wear on your shoulder or across your body. Finished off with signature Lulu Guinness touches, this stylish designer handbag is a must-have for your collection.

All you have to do is choose! This striking handbag comes in a choice of three novelty designs - the Grey Kooky Cat, Black Kooky Cat or Doll Face with beautiful appliqué detailing, plus two block colour options, Red or Aubergine, both finished with a Cupid's bow style slip pocket on the front.

Wear it your way - the stylish leather and chain strap can be adjusted so you can wear the bag on your shoulder for an evening occasion, or go for a more relaxed look and wear it as a cross-body - perfect for when you're travelling or shopping!

Zip fastening with enamel lips zip-pull
Inner pockets: 1 x mobile phone, 1 x zip; outer pockets: 2 x slip
Outer: leather; lining: 100% cotton with scattered letter print; strap: leather and metal
Bag (h x w x d): 15cm x 23cm x 8cm (5.9" x 9.1" x 3.1")
Strap drop: 32cm - 60cm (12.6" - 23.6")

Colour options:

Doll Face
Grey Kooky Cat
Black Kooky Cat
Red
Aubergine

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.173901

No p&p to celebrate 10 years with the Q! I see Lulu Guinness hereself didn’t put in an appearance ..

Lots of people commenting on Q`s facebook page about how "she" meaning Lulu brings out rubbish designs at expensive prices etc but "she" probably doesn`t even know the bag exists, has probably never even seen it and will rarely if ever be seen around such bags especially on Q. She sold out the mass production side to an American investor who now farms out production to China so as he put it in an old article in The Telegraph " he could bring Lulu Guinness to the masses ". Lulu herself now only dabbles in one offs or limited designs which are sold to the likes of Madonna or other very rich women. She did a Liz Earle and sold out her name.

I'm clearly in the minority on this forum as I like the bag! It looks a good size to be practical and I'm something of a cataholic so Kooky cat has been ordered. If it doesn't live up to my expetations though, it will be going back.

I always intend to ‘treat’ myself to a expensive designer type handbag but can never bring myself to do it, even Radley and never LG.I have tried a couple of her bags in the past but always returned ( @ some expense) I just couldn’t see where the cost was justified.My lifestyle in retirement is so different from working life thank goodness the expense of dressing to a certain standard is no longer required—-Bliss! I haven’t seen this LG TSV live but it looks to me as something you could buy Primark for a fiver.Each to his own etc.

When the brand first launched it's budget diffusion line in the US ebay was awash with bags brought across the Atlantic in the hopes of selling then at prices closer to the main retail brand. Maybe a few buyers fell for it but then these listings seemed to drop off. If I see them on sale next time I'm in the States I'll have a look at them, but I'm more than happy to buy from the LG sale; they're well-made bags and most are relatively plain. I do have a doll-face bag and kooky cat purse (and Kooky Cat Sainsbury's tote bag). I'm a cat person and they appeal to me. I have a Radley bag which I occasionally use but I took the Scotty dog off; I take off Kipling monkeys too. That doesn't mean I'd belittle someone who likes them. Fashion is individual; I buy what I like (mostly within my means). I quite like the grey kooky cat TSV because I don't tend to wear a lot of black; I'd be interested to hear feedback from anyone who buys.

I did rather like the striped tote bag 167837 for around £190. Then Katie Whatsit said it was vegan leather. So that would be plastic then, would it? I wouldn't really want to buy a bag for that price sight unseen and have read too many horror stories on here about the state in which some LG bags have been received. Perhaps I'll just stick to the Cath Kidston sale for totes! More my price range.

More than 10 years ago I bought an LG bag in TK Maxx - for £40. Good size in black with decorative lily of the valley on one side. It looks good when held, but being narrow its a tight fit to get your hand in, but I persevered and now its 'well worn in', but I wouldn't pay more than that, and certainly not double that amount for a non-leather purse.

"I'd be interested to hear feedback from anyone who buys".

I've got three Le Pliage bags, my first one was my work bag for school & after five years still looks fantastic. I've got a few Radley, one was a gift & the others were from eBay or Radley shops but always in their sales. Two evening bags, one was granny's from the 1920s complete with mirror that is backed with pleated silk & a variety of shoppers in various sizes from holidays, garden shows & my favourite one of all -a Booths bag with the words 'Cumbria Not Umbria'. I was brought up to look after my possessions so I do care about them, I wipe them out & polish the leather ones. When the children were little a bag had to be big enough to contain everything & I'm still guilty of carrying too much, the LG bag, & the Kipling one from a few weeks ago, are purses with straps in my world.

I'd be embarrassed to wear the cat face or doll face bag. (The plain aubergine and the red choices were OK, but so overpriced, and the "lips" "were still there on the flap.) Would a teenager like to own one? I doubt it. Teenagers all want to look alike. If their friends don't have it, they don't want it. However, Jilly sold them out. Who on earth buys them? I am stupefied - stumped.

A shop near me are closing part of their gift department and have loads of Kipling and Ridley bags at 40% off and I’m still not tempted. They are now selling a tweed range and cath kidston neither of which tempt me.just not my bag.

I recently bought a lovely small nappa leather shoulder bag in a rose gold shade from the Osprey website sale, similar size to this LG bag. The sale is still on but there isn`t much left now and some of them are still too expensive but the bag I bought was lovely, beautiful lined, well made and finished, came with a protector bag, beautiful leather and it cost me £39.95 down from £195. The photo below is the bronze version, mine is the rose gold and at the beginning of their sale they had some fabulous bags at really good prices but as I said above, the sale has few items left now and nearly all are the more expensive ones.
mb8364-58_jezebel_clutch_with_chain_nappa_bronze.jpg

I recently bought a lovely small nappa leather shoulder bag in a rose gold shade from the Osprey website sale, similar size to this LG bag. The sale is still on but there isn`t much left now and some of them are still too expensive but the bag I bought was lovely, beautiful lined, well made and finished, came with a protector bag, beautiful leather and it cost me £39.95 down from £195. The photo below is the bronze version, mine is the rose gold and at the beginning of their sale they had some fabulous bags at really good prices but as I said above, the sale has few items left now and nearly all are the more expensive ones.
View attachment 16088

What a lovely sale, I even like the graphics. As you said the ones remaining are expensive but the designs & colours are gorgeous. We're off to Sicily this weekend so I'm being good but thank you for the treat.

Vienna, Vienna, Vienna. You lured me in. Your bag was gorgeous so I had to have a look. I bought the bright pink shoulder tote for £65!!!!!!! Well I have done well on the YC front this year so far, and I did decide not to go to see Blood Brothers (again so no hardship really) when it tours into Wimbledon........

I see the company address is Luton! Land of my birth. So it was the right thing to do really, support the local economy. I have registered for the newsletter so plan to be front and centre for the next sale.

Latest posts

Back