Australian Bodycare Tea Tree Wipes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
I was watching yesterday or possibly the day before when they were touting some ABC products. I must just say first off that I'm not knocking that range - the products are excellent, if a little overpriced. The guest said that she uses a tea tree wipe to hold onto the handrail on the escalator on the London underground!

Then Cath "Bunny Voice" Huntley chimed in and started talking about how TV remote controls in hotels are riddled with bacteria, and suggested one could use face wipes to disinfect these... cue the arrival of THIS:

https://www.qvcuk.com/Australian-Bodycare-6-Pack-x-24-Wet-Wipes.product.208602.html?sc=SRCH

So they are touting 6 packs of wipes for the best part of 20 quid!

Well I just wanted to tell y'all that Savers currently have an offer on tea tree face wipes. There's a brand called Natura, and their tea tree, mint and aloe face wipes are.....wait for it...ONE POUND FOR THREE PACKS... yes...ONE POUND, making them approximately one tenth of the price of QVC's offering. But are they any good? The answer is yes. I bought them today and am delighted.

I don't really take the tube much these days as I tend to walk or drive everywhere, but when I next go on the Northern Line I'll be able to disinfect that handrail! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

I'm not sure if this is the right place (I'm new), but during my 'observing weeks' I noticed a H & B soap that you personally talked of. Can you do a link or give me the exact name so I can have a look please? I wanted the details (ie ingredients) as I'm a bit of a soap snob, but love the good stuff.

How does anyone drive in Ldn? Traffic is always standing still. Good for you, but I'd be rubbish!

I use the ABC body wash as I like the smell and it does make me feel cleaner than a scented body wash. I also have the wipes and use them to freshen up my hands if I can't get to a sink.

I wouldn't like to trust them if I really needed true disinfection, though. Tea tree oil does kill, but not as quickly as other disinfectants out there. Wiping down handrails with these wipes won't really protect you from some of the nasties out there e.g. Norovirus, but using them is better than nothing.

I'm immune-compromised so have started decanting household disinfectant with benzalkonium chloride into a small spray bottle that I can carry in my jeans pocket easily. I can spray a table etc., and leave it settle for 30 seconds before giving whatever surface I need clean a good hard wipe with some paper. It's easier to carry a few dry paper towels than wet wipes as I mostly don't use a bag. I also frequently use over 70% alcohol hand sanitiser decanted into another tiny bottle.

This little ritual is a must for me if I stop for a coffee as I tend to use my hands on the tables for balance sitting and standing. I get odd looks but it's better than getting the lurgy and we all know how infrequently or badly cleaned they are. Don't get me started on public toilets!

I'm not sure if this is the right place (I'm new), but during my 'observing weeks' I noticed a H & B soap that you personally talked of. Can you do a link or give me the exact name so I can have a look please? I wanted the details (ie ingredients) as I'm a bit of a soap snob, but love the good stuff.

Hello Bliss,

I found the soap box and have copied the ingredients list below:

Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao), Sodium Chloride, Pentasodium Pentetate, Terasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide.
NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS

After typing this out I just found a link to the label with pics on this blogger's site, here:

http://tinycattin.blogspot.com/2012/10/holland-barrett-herbal-authority-tea.html

Everything they've said is pretty accurate, although I disagree with their statement that the tea tree scent is "strong," as it really is not. It's very subtle, in a good way. I've recommended this soap to friends and colleagues and everyone loves it!

Last edited:
I use the ABC body wash as I like the smell and it does make me feel cleaner than a scented body wash. I also have the wipes and use them to freshen up my hands if I can't get to a sink.

I wouldn't like to trust them if I really needed true disinfection, though. Tea tree oil does kill, but not as quickly as other disinfectants out there. Wiping down handrails with these wipes won't really protect you from some of the nasties out there e.g. Norovirus, but using them is better than nothing.

I'm immune-compromised so have started decanting household disinfectant with benzalkonium chloride into a small spray bottle that I can carry in my jeans pocket easily. I can spray a table etc., and leave it settle for 30 seconds before giving whatever surface I need clean a good hard wipe with some paper. It's easier to carry a few dry paper towels than wet wipes as I mostly don't use a bag. I also frequently use over 70% alcohol hand sanitiser decanted into another tiny bottle.

This little ritual is a must for me if I stop for a coffee as I tend to use my hands on the tables for balance sitting and standing. I get odd looks but it's better than getting the lurgy and we all know how infrequently or badly cleaned they are. Don't get me started on public toilets!

Nothing wrong with doing that, Alter. I actually carry a little bottle (30 ml) into which I've decanted Dove hand soap, as I have this fear of going into a bathroom and there not being any hand soap there. Same with the kitchen at work. If I'm going to touch my food I want to wash my hands. I also have the alcohol gel. I personally get mine from Lidl as I like the fragrance - it smells like grapefruit.

Hello Bliss,

I found the soap box and have copied the ingredients list below:

Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Glycerin, Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao), Sodium Chloride, Pentasodium Pentetate, Terasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide.
NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS

After typing this out I just found a link to the label with pics on this blogger's site, here:

http://tinycattin.blogspot.com/2012/10/holland-barrett-herbal-authority-tea.html

Everything they've said is pretty accurate, although I disagree with their statement that the tea tree scent is "strong," as it really is not. It's very subtle, in a good way. I've recommended this soap to friends and colleagues and everyone loves it!

Hi Julius, & thanks so much. I have to confess that I 've seen that one many times & 'swiped right' due to the packaging. Will give it a try - may be good for Mr. Bliss's face & therefore keep him off my C & P etalia.

Hi Julius, & thanks so much. I have to confess that I 've seen that one many times & 'swiped right' due to the packaging. Will give it a try - may be good for Mr. Bliss's face & therefore keep him off my C & P etalia.

Hello, I know what you mean about the packaging. It has remained unchanged for many years and in my view rather hides all the positive points of this wonderful soap. Do let us all know how the soap fares!

Another product I use is this face wash from Simple. It's quite unscented, creamy and lathery and non-irritating. I used to use a very expensive Clinique face wash and found this just as good:

https://www.superdrug.com/Simple/Si...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMrswve62NwCFaGg7Qod7MsOAA

Last edited:
Hello, I know what you mean about the packaging. It has remained unchanged for many years and in my view rather hides all the positive points of this wonderful soap. Do let us all know how the soap fares!

Another product I use is this face wash from Simple. It's quite unscented, creamy and lathery and non-irritating. I used to use a very expensive Clinique face wash and found this just as good:

https://www.superdrug.com/Simple/Si...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CMrswve62NwCFaGg7Qod7MsOAA

Many thanks!

For what it's worth, I find most of your posts funny & informative,even the long ones!

That's a good reduction!
I won't be buying as I have loads of face cleansers etc, but thanks anyway. The soap will be for me in the bath & Mr Bliss's face, provided it's not too drying.

Latest posts

Back