Diamonique Day TSV 04/09/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nice to see a gold-not-gold-plated DQ range, but my word, looking at the prices, I'm glad I bought quite a few of the 14ct diamonique pieces they used to sell! Remember when they used to say DQ was so fabulous they'd never set it in anything less than 14 & 18ct gold or platinum (with a few items in Sterling silver)?

I like the pear-cut pendant but won't be buying.

Nice to see a gold-not-gold-plated DQ range, but my word, looking at the prices, I'm glad I bought quite a few of the 14ct diamonique pieces they used to sell! Remember when they used to say DQ was so fabulous they'd never set it in anything less than 14 & 18ct gold or platinum (with a few items in Sterling silver)?

I like the pear-cut pendant but won't be buying.

I love my old DQ jewellery, I have a number of rings that look as good as when bought & they have solid shanks. Obviously when the world spun on its financial axis ten years ago the days of affordable gold jewellery being sold on the Q came to an end.

My first Eek ring was set in white gold, but now with gold prices being what they are I don’t really see the point of setting fake stones in gold?

I really don’t mind what metal the jewellery is in as long as it is reflected in the price but for goodness sake could we not have a few more exciting designs. Not helped by the fact I HATE claw set stones.

A bit of silver DQ at £25 is hardly going* to be a family heirloom so it’s the golden opportunity to be a bit more cutting edge.

I’m a real Jewellery junkie and Q’s offerings over the last 5/7 years are beyond woeful and as boring as hell.

Ah but there is tat risky and tasteful risky.

Even Mr L remarks when anything out of the ordinary is on how they fly out.

It’s a bit like saying a supermarket can’t sell Persil when there is nothing but Bold on the shelves so we are forced into buying it so they can say it is a good seller - Hobson choice is no choice.

Ah but there is tat risky and tasteful risky.

Even Mr L remarks when anything out of the ordinary is on how they fly out.

It’s a bit like saying a supermarket can’t sell Persil when there is nothing but Bold on the shelves so we are forced into buying it so they can say it is a good seller - Hobson choice is no choice.

you only have to look at sales figures to work out what sells best

I bet the weight of gold in these items is the absolute bare minimum. It will be hollow shanks and hollow chains and not much else. Gone are the days when Q`s jewellery had any substance to it.

I remember buying an eek ring in platinum, must have been in 1999. It was heavy, looked/felt like real quality and cost me 5p under £110 with the £2.95 P&P.

I lost weight and took it in to be adjusted in 2014 and was offered £180 scrap. I had a lot of wear out of it then got more than my money back. I wish bargains like that were still around.

I have a number of 14ct white gold pieces from way back in the day, bought for the prices they sell at plated now. Still wear and they look good never had to get them re-tipped.

My best D TSV buy was years ago It was a ring quite a large stone, the choice blue (like Aquamarine, mine) pink & clear.The number of times someone’s eyes have focused on it!It is quite believable in my colour & one of my favourites.

I have two 14ct yellow gold eek rings, they must be at least 15yrs old and still look like new...one is a half eternity ring the other is sightly bigger. I can't remember exactly how much they were, but no where near as much as they are charging now.

I had some Eek pieces stolen—serves them right when they would find out they were fakes!

Yes that’s what I thought! Bet they thought they’d got away with diamonds galore! Although sadly they stole most of my jewellery collection so they did get away with diamonds etc.

I have lots of DQ and am more than happy to wear it - some of it would pass for real and some not really believable- I have a lot of the real thing too and just wear whatever I fancy.

For me the design is the thing whatever it is made of. I would rather have a silver piece I loved than a gold piece I hated. Mr L buys the expensive stuff 3 times a year (B/X &A) and I buy all the rest when and wherever I see it. Nowadays mostly eBay and antique shops for my buying.

I agree that I wouldn’t try to sell Q stuff to a jeweller as I once went to get a ring sized and they refused.
I not sure that there isn’t a bit of bias there because some of the early pieces are quality and you could be hard pushed to get the stones and design on DHS as they are also as boring as Q.
To get something different you now need to get them made especially or from gold/silversmiths who make very small quantities.

Latest posts

Back