Debbie’s sideline.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s only a matter of time until QVC run a series “At Home With Debbie” in which she shows us around the retreat, pointing out how perfectly the QVC items fit and enhance her home. She will have the dogs sitting sweetly on the settee with a Cozee Homes throw, home made bread in the kitchen alongside a Kuhn Rikon knife.

Kelly Stroppon will be there teaching visitors how to “dress” a bed, as if none of us have ever lobbed a duvet cover on, threw on the pillowcases and fitted bottom sheet before, honestly QVC act as if we only ever slept on the floor before Stroppon appeared. I’ve been dressing our bed without any help before for donkeys years, it wanted to wear a pink shell suit with white court shoes but I put my foot down. :mysmilie_17:

Did you see that La Flint is performing Songs from the Shows live in concert at the village church on 22nd August. "Any 'owd iron... any 'owd iron....", "knees up muvver brahn...." Her talents seem to be bottomless :)

Those poor villagers! Imagine you have lived quietly there for years and now this tornado has descended. She is probably a poor man's Lynda Snell (The Archers reference).

If, big if, I had the money I'd book myself in for a few days just to have a nose around. I agree with the idea that there's a book in everyone & didn't someone add that is exactly where it should stay? Trouble is the one inside me is a children's book, not very long & with more illustrations than words.

I bet the poor buggers are fuming, the house prices have dropped dramatically since Del Boy took up residence, and yes I agree, is there no beginning to her talents.

If, big if, I had the money I'd book myself in for a few days just to have a nose around. I agree with the idea that there's a book in everyone & didn't someone add that is exactly where it should stay? Trouble is the one inside me is a children's book, not very long & with more illustrations than words.

I would love to go for a look around in the guise of a writer with a book ' stuck ' inside in need of expert guidance to free it.I have a good mind to book in as soon as possible and when places are available(sure OH would pay to get rid of me).I could end up being a famous author too ......even as famous as DF.:mysmilie_17:Imagine if we all booked in?:mysmilie_19:

... I’ve been dressing our bed without any help before for donkeys years, it wanted to wear a pink shell suit with white court shoes but I put my foot down. :mysmilie_17:

Raided from Ms Flint’s very own wardrobe. Although if you look closely, the shoes are white peep-toe wedges.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t DF and JR go the Amazon route of publishing their own work, no agents involved so basically we could all be published writers. Twilight, don’t forget the not so literary classic the Duchess of York brought us, Budgie! :cheeky: Get writing!

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t DF and JR go the Amazon route of publishing their own work, no agents involved so basically we could all be published writers. Twilight, don’t forget the not so literary classic the Duchess of York brought us, Budgie! :cheeky: Get writing!

Yes they did. Self publishing, also known as vanity publishing... As opposed to Jackie who managed to get an actual publisher to publish hers...

Yes they did. Self publishing, also known as vanity publishing... As opposed to Jackie who managed to get an actual publisher to publish hers...

You can quite literally put out any old shite if self publishing. I had the misfortune to read something that was 'passed on' to me & self published. It was quite simply the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever read. laughable in fact, & terrribly written. I was actually embarrassed to take it to the charity shop & had to hide it under some other items which I never wanted to donate - but for to disguise this monstrosity.

There was quite a fawn-fest when Julia was gushing over the help and advice she had from Debbie about publishing her own first effort.

Debbie did eventually get a publisher - called Choc-Lit as I recall.

As I don't read the blogs, and avoid watching the most egregious self-promoters, it's been a while since I've watched much of Debs in action (or Julia, for that matter).

Latest posts

Back