Autumn fashion launch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
I had the misfortune to catch the start of a fashion launch show with Ashling and Chloe Everton. What were QVC thinking? You would think Chloe was down the market trying to out shout a horde of hucksters. She was bellowing loud enough to give Simon Biagi a run for his money!

QVC want to be seen as an upmarket shopping destination? They might want to think again.

I lasted about 3 minutes before the channel had to go over. Anyone else see it?

I had the misfortune to catch the start of a fashion launch show with Ashling and Chloe Everton. What were QVC thinking? You would think Chloe was down the market trying to out shout a horde of hucksters. She was bellowing loud enough to give Simon Biagi a run for his money!

QVC want to be seen as an upmarket shopping destination? They might want to think again.

I didn't see it but have just found it & yes, they might want to think again. "Hang on, I neglected my role" was her comment when I presume she was told to stop shouting & give out the measurements. I'm surprised she's lasted this long in a job where she looks so out of place.

I didn't see that show, but I don't mind Chloe.I find her a bit childish at times, but on the whole more watchable than some. I suppose it would be boring if we all liked the same things/people.

Yes, she was yelling her head off. Very undignified! And the guest was just as bad. About wearing vertical stripes on a garment, don't believe the hucksters, the stripes (no matter how varied in width or their positioning) cause the eye to see "wide."

He he . You are funny.:mysmilie_17: Love it!

I didn't see that show, but I don't mind Chloe.I find her a bit childish at times, but on the whole more watchable than some. I suppose it would be boring if we all liked the same things/people.

I was terrified of fessing up that I too find her fine, sometimes less dull than the others, but I'll take a chance here! certainly more watchable than Transparent Sutton. She's so full of BS.

Talking about fashion shows did anybody see this dress in the link below ? It`s doubly hideous even for Q and Debbie Flint looked horrendous in it and so did the models. What on Earth are Q buyers thinking of ?
https://www.qvcuk.com/Colourblock-C...e-by-Nina-Leonard.product.174093.html?sc=IROA

I posted to this effect under SCW's OTO for this 'dress?' post. Words to the effect of 'is it just me or WTAF??!! I don't think anyone saw the post...sniff...

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking about fashion shows did anybody see this dress in the link below ? It`s doubly hideous even for Q and Debbie Flint looked horrendous in it and so did the models. What on Earth are Q buyers thinking of ?
https://www.qvcuk.com/Colourblock-C...e-by-Nina-Leonard.product.174093.html?sc=IROA

If I could be bothered I'd go searching for a squizz of Deb in that dress for the comedy effect alone....lazy me

And she's got a cute doggie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not on Facebook but do look at Q's visitor posts for a laugh, there were some pithy comments about this so I had a look - good grief.

good grief << This is what Mr B says when he sees someone comitting every single fashion crime - Camel toe, the leggings, the splurge, the vest, the tats, the kebab/beer /cider can.
Then I know it's really bad, as he would be kind about a dead rats arse.
Hope someone tells us non fake bookers the comments!

I didn't see the shows mentioned above, but I DID see a few minutes of her with Michelle Hopeless, and my God she was yelling for England ! I did wonder if she is 'on' something, as she appeared to be hyper manic, particularly when Michelle got her mother to model a garment, at which point Chloe went into overdrive screaming.

Its not nice to think (or know) that some of the best tv people are illegal substance users, but .........

I didn't see the shows mentioned above, but I DID see a few minutes of her with Michelle Hopeless, and my God she was yelling for England ! I did wonder if she is 'on' something, as she appeared to be hyper manic, particularly when Michelle got her mother to model a garment, at which point Chloe went into overdrive screaming.

Its not nice to think (or know) that some of the best tv people are illegal substance users, but .........

I agree about the M Hopeless show, Chloe was way OTT and I did switch her off, I had never seen that loud.

Just more evidence that the 'designers' have no idea where to go next - colour block/cold shoulder, hilo hem, just throw everything at it, oh and get Fatty Flint to wear it. Jeez !

Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I don't like all these cold shoulder tops/dresses, bell shaped sleeves, skin tight trousers, odd mis-matching garish colours and patterns or tops where the back dips down far lower than the front. And as for Join "one size fits all" fashion or Yong Kim "I've thrown it on the floor to get these creases" clothes ...... words fail me.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I don't like all these cold shoulder tops/dresses, bell shaped sleeves, skin tight trousers, odd mis-matching garish colours and patterns or tops where the back dips down far lower than the front. And as for Join "one size fits all" fashion or Yong Kim "I've thrown it on the floor to get these creases" clothes ...... words fail me.

You're not old-fashioned, you have taste.

I don't think that you are old fashioned Toril. I could have written more or less word for word the same post as you. I see very few people wearing leggings or skin tight trousers that suit their size and shape and will be glad when this trend finishes. The high low hems of garments drives me mad and several times if I have liked a top enough I have cut the hem level and re-hemmed it. Fortunateley I can sew and spend time altering things to my liking. I rarely buy fashion from QVC now as a lot of it strikes me as quite bizarre.

Just took a look at this. Truly awful made worse by DF shouting out that it has pockets and her twirling round and thinking, as she always appears to do, that she is looking gorgeous!

I think they look really cheap in the polyester.

Latest posts

Back