Extreme tanning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I know we've just experienced one of the hottest summers for decades, but how much deeper in colour does Ali Keenan want to go ?? Her deep tan looks leathery and she must surely realise what her skin will look like before much longer. Her neck is already a disaster area, and isn't she only still in her late 50's ? Give her another 5 years and she'll be resembling an old lady in her 80's. What's wrong with the woman.

And she is a cancer survivor too. But she is out baking like mad.

Same with Kylie Minogue still has a face full of botox etc and no worries about pumping chemicals into her skin after surviving cancer.

I know we've just experienced one of the hottest summers for decades, but how much deeper in colour does Ali Keenan want to go ?? Her deep tan looks leathery and she must surely realise what her skin will look like before much longer. Her neck is already a disaster area, and isn't she only still in her late 50's ? Give her another 5 years and she'll be resembling an old lady in her 80's. What's wrong with the woman.

I agree with you & the fact that she's very slender just seems to make it more noticeable. Many years ago, long before she was on This Morning & the Q, she was a presenter on one of our local radio stations; very thoughtful, witty AND a good interviewer who listened... On one occasion she talked about the summer of 1976 & said she was a sun worshipper, obviously still is. I think her illness & all the problems she's had have made her overdo some aspects of life, such as her constant talk about her granddaughter. I also love the sun & for years I had a tanning board - cereal box covered in foil & polished to a mirror finish. My much missed mum went ballistic when she saw it, mind you I'm paying the price now with several 'freckles' & a pterygium which can be a real pest.

I suppose it is a case of each to their own, but I am more than happy with my pale complection. I have never been a sun worshipper, and really don't like the heat.I have had holidays abroad but I was always under the hat or big umbrella...:mysmilie_59:

After I had my mastectomy plus chemo beforehand and radiotherapy after wards, I was told to stay out of the sun. I forgot to ask how long that applied (idiot) so haven't really sunbathed in the last ten years although I do sit out and read the paper now and again these days..... Well not this year as London has just been a wall of heat and is now.pretty cool! I wouldn't now expose my overweight body to the public gaze either! I use a gradual tanning milk and it is taking me ages to find ones that work on me and I wonder if the efficacy has been affected by the cancer treatment because I just do not go the colour everyone.on Tv demos goes! I have tried so many from the DHS but am now just keeping Tan Luxe, an oil from Superdrug called I think St Moritz and a.Palmer's cocoa butter, although not the coconut formula as I just went paler by the day using that. I mean it shouldn't be this hard to find.one that works.consistently should it? Sometimes a success from one year (Decleor) then didn't work the next! Drives me nuts. I suppose one issue might be I don't buy the more expensive brands like St Tropez but people generally rave about the Dove one or the Garnier one..... Well I had zero luck with them!

AK dodged a bullet there yet she's quite prepared to put herself in the line of fire again, absolutely ridiculous. There are so many fake tans around (well according to her QVCs are amazing) so why not use one instead literally burning your skin? I don't like the heat or the natural tanning of sun burning my skin, so if you can't see me in a snow blizzard, that's ok. Surprisingly though, I do use Zhuzh tan accelerator and get a nice slight hint of brown just putting the washing out.

When we go on holiday abroad we always looks as if we`ve had a domestic argument. Hubby sits on the front row of sunbeds in the direct Sun and cooks himself and I sit as far out of the Sun as possible and usually under some kind of canopy. I love the warmth but hate the direct sunlight and its nothing unusual for us to arrive home from holiday and people say to me " oh you`re not very brown was the weather bad ? " and as if its compulsory to cook yourself.

The first time I went to Canada to visit my big brother I came back with the same colour I left. People looked shocked when I said I had been in Canada in the middle of summer.

My rosacea breaks out in the sun so that is a no, I am allergic to fake tan makes me itch like mad. Any time I was out sitting with a friend in her back garden I followed the shade around and moved my chair accordingly.

We know now that the real sun is bad for skin in excess and I can't help but wonder what the, as yes unknown, long term effect of fake tan and tan accelerators is on the skin and underlying tissue.

Saw her on last night's Elemis hour, that awful tan couldn't get any deeper if it tried, very very unflattering.

Keeley told her that her skin looked dehydrated, she said she didn't know why that was, because she makes sure she drinks lots of water...........????

Drinks lots of water ?????? of course she does, not because her skin has gone past its sell by date then? I remember working with a woman who, like Ali, used sun beds and was a complete sun worshipper, so her skin was constantly 'oaken'. Same age as me. Saw her years later - both in our mid-60's by then, and barely recognised her. Her skin was like a tortoise, resembling a South American native who had a hard life. I did feel a bit smug, because she looked 20 years older.

A good test of being dehydrated is pinching the skin on the back of the hand. If its slow in 'pinging back' then more water intake is needed.

I just saw the Elemis Total Glow gradual tan on offer so that is my last throw of the dice before sticking with the two I have given best marks so far! The search continues, lol!

There is an advantage of having a little extra weight as you get older, these very slim women have very wrinkled faces, have seen it lots of times,seen Selena Scott on the programme in India @ the moment?

There is an advantage of having a little extra weight as you get older, these very slim women have very wrinkled faces, have seen it lots of times,seen Selena Scott on the programme in India @ the moment?

I shall keep reminding myself to love my hips & thighs today...

Latest posts

Back