Yong Kim breaks the £200 barrier

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Craftalot

Indigenouscommunities
In the 2pm hour, there is an Embossed Dot Zip Through Jacket for £213.95 (including £5.95 P&P). It's 90% polyester.

I just don't get it. Has anyone actually bought YK clothes from QVC and considered them good value for money - am I missing something with this overhyped brand? If I were spending north of £200 on a jacket, then I'd expect more than some drapey polyester thing!

Wow!
I have some YK clothes, mostly bought from ebay though. Never paid full price for anything, and no polyester ones, mine are all a nice weighty viscose jersey.

I watched show Shirley Valentine that Ingrid T was in and she never wore any Yong Kim :thinking: She came across well on the show.

i buy my yong kim from e bay even a polyester tunic that's really beautiful. i get a lot of good comments when i wear it. the cut is much better than Marlawynnes stuff

Personally, I do not think anything about Yong Kim fashion justifies the price tag!

However there are clearly people who disagree with me, which is fine.

Not for me as I think it's all for tall people, however, I was watching something today and there was a very nice drapey dress with godets in the back. Really liked it but it would have been around my ankles and the look would have been lost - even if I did want to pay over £100 for a dress.

CC

Its the same with Join, I'll admit to buying a couple of 'pieces' a long time ago, but when washed they still 'bobble' despite the high price.

I've bought similar styles on Amazon to those Join produce, and have never paid more than £20 ! in fact I'm really 'into' adult romper suits at the moment - best thing I've ever worn for comfort. Comes in several colours and are just £11.95 !!!

yong kim stuff lasts imo many years and the cuts are usually quite complicated. some stuff is not great imo but i do like this range overall. ebay is a good place to get stuff cheap as chips

I have bought a few pieces and regretted buying them all. I was impressed by the unusual styles, I think and the way they looked on the models. In reality, I found the garments'stitching cheaply done - unravelling easily - the sleeves too short, and the fabric heavy and cumbersome to wear. I am new to this forum, so this subject has probably been discussed before, but why, when the buying power must be with the over 50 year old customers, are the QVC models so runner bean thin and super young? The other day, I could see the model's ribs through the Joe Brown's tunic she was wearing. I am ashamed I was (am) so gullible. Yong Kim and Marla Wynne are forever off my list, however,

...why, when the buying power must be with the over 50 year old customers, are the QVC models so runner bean thin and super young? The other day, I could see the model's ribs through the Joe Brown's tunic she was wearing.

I think QVC think it's 'aspirational'. I think most people find it deeply off-putting and unhelpful.

There's one short, dumpy model who's probably the wrong side of 40 and looks like a bit of a 'mum'. In fact, she looks probably like most of us once we've done our slap and fetched something out the airing cupboard and given it a quick iron. Apart from the two fat ones, the rest are whippet thin and usually over 5'9" - thus giving absolutely no idea of what the clothes actually will look like on your average customer. But that's the idea, of course.

You are correct. All manipulative sales technique and smoke and mirrors. Just follow the money. When the thinner, taller models are on, sales go up. Why fix it when it ain't broke, they say. The same applies to skin and hair products. Most of the models have young, flawless skin and beautiful hair to start with. If your DNA gives you fat genes, ho-hum skin and "bad" hair, you have to live with it, while trying to make the best of what you have. Some of the products help, probably, but buying the correct and suitable size/style of clothing is a struggle.

Latest posts

Back