Chloe’s sales talk

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

May

Registered Shopper
Just seen Chloe selling the Rene and pelle faux leather Jacket floral etc
Her and the guest presenter took turns trying it on
As you would .. coz it a demonstration
But .. Chloe says ... “ you can tell when something is really popular because everybody wants to try it “
( or words to that affect )
Um well .... I thought the idea was to flog the item and demonstrate how it looks etc
for every single item that is shown ....gawd ...am I missing something
Chloe seems to spout so much she’s not even thinking what she’s saying ...maybe it’s just me :mysmilie_11::dull:

Just seen Chloe selling the Rene and pelle faux leather Jacket floral etc
Her and the guest presenter took turns trying it on
As you would .. coz it a demonstration
But .. Chloe says ... “ you can tell when something is really popular because everybody wants to try it “
( or words to that affect )
Um well .... I thought the idea was to flog the item and demonstrate how it looks etc
for every single item that is shown ....gawd ...am I missing something
Chloe seems to spout so much she’s not even thinking what she’s saying ...maybe it’s just me :mysmilie_11::dull:

Oh no, it's not just you.

Chloe is monumentally unsuited to sell at least 90% of what QVC retail. You can tell she wouldn't wear any of the clothes, or the makeup and hair care for that matter, and forget about the jewellery. On paper she should be the perfect representative of the demographic (age-wise) QVC are going for, but she definitely is not.

The shows where she seems more relaxed and capable are anything garden or gadgety. She's quite fun to watch during food shows, when there's grub to be eaten.

If they wanted to do the comedy version of selling the beauty/fashion/jewellery she would excell - I was hooting with laughter when she had her shaving foam mishap on an Elemis show, it really was very funny in my opinion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13hqfXN_5eY about 2 mins in.

I know what you mean May, the classic "coming up on the way" is case in point, throw in a couple of "you're buying it in abundance and why wouldn't you!" and totally inane babbling and that pretty much makes up her hours presenting, how she's still there is anyone's guess, she's going on 40 going on 4.

It's when she says something a little risque and then stands and grins like a cheshire cat. Really don't like watching her but it seems like she's on all the time at the moment.

CC

It's when she says something a little risque and then stands and grins like a cheshire cat. Really don't like watching her but it seems like she's on all the time at the moment.

CC

Peak holiday time & apparently quite a few presenters have been ill so I suppose there are more shifts up for grabs.

I put it down to the age of the 'employers'. I'm of an age where you turned up for interview in best bib and tucker,the employers (generally men) wore suits, sat behind a desk and were older, which gave them a bit more 'gravitas'.

Now it appears casual attire is the order of the day, who cares how you speak as articulation is old hat, and if you're under 40 so much the better !

I cant get to grips with these modern attitudes. As an example, I love to watch the new series of Repair Shop on BBC2 with thoroughly nice people who have an amazing talent of restoring and repairing cherished items. Then there is someone called Jay Blades who is the 'presenter', who adds nothing to the programme except lots of "wow's", "cool" and "how yer ge..in on over 'ere". A couple of his gems this week "is this wood ?" and when faced with an 18th century ornate jug, he says "wot do you pu.. innit, dried flars".

Clearly not his fault he cannot articulate but again its those at fault who decide to contract him to this programme, even though he is totally wrong for the show and thoroughly cringeworthy (like Chloe) to watch.

It's odd isn't it, it's as though everyone involved with QVC UK have no one to answer to, it's just there.

It's odd isn't it, it's as though everyone involved with QVC UK have no one to answer to, it's just there.

For me, when Stacey Schieffelin had that debacle with QVCUS it made all their hyper shows seem ridiculous and highlighted the selling game for what it is. Then Mally appeared as the new favourite, more hyper shows and now she’s sold out and Doris Doll 10 and IT the new favourites. These last two slightly less hyper. Q witter on about prestigious this that and the other, please, I can live without a KH vase and its marvel of design. Their shows are boring and, quite honestly, painful. They need to get rid of all the adjectives and personal stories, presenters thinking they are God’s gift and give us something worth watching and worth our time and money if we decide to spend.

Exactly. I think it's become increasingly casual with the sales staff behaving as they do when with friends & family. Mind you, I feel I know those people what they buy, all their needs, likes & dislikes because I've been told about them soooooooo often.

Why doesn't she put an "s"on the plural of "pound?" For instance, she says an item costs "twenty-five pound."

I would imagine it's because she's lazy, because she talks too quickly or because she thinks it makes her look relevant & youthful. In fact, it could be a combination of all three, whatever the reason it's sloppy.

I enjoyed the shaving foam clip! She looked as if she had her arm in plaster of Paris, lol.

I am not a Chloe fan. She annoys me when she implies we are so lucky to be able to buy from such amaaaazing and upmarket brands. Like Molton Brown FFS. Sorry Chloe, but our money is as good as anyone else's. I think she is a bit bonkers really, some of the things she comes out with.

Why doesn't she put an "s"on the plural of "pound?" For instance, she says an item costs "twenty-five pound."

Maybe it's the infection of the singular(s ) in the fashion shows. We wear "a boot" with "a trouser", or "a shoe" with "a legging" or "a jean"... It sounds ridiculous. I would love to see a model come hopping on the catwalk wearing "a boot" and with one leg in "a trouser" to underline the silly pretentiousness of it. And to get your singular shoe for a singular pound rather than the multiples it costs.

Maybe it's the infection of the singular(s ) in the fashion shows. We wear "a boot" with "a trouser", or "a shoe" with "a legging" or "a jean"... It sounds ridiculous. I would love to see a model come hopping on the catwalk wearing "a boot" and with one leg in "a trouser" to underline the silly pretentiousness of it. And to get your singular shoe for a singular pound rather than the multiples it costs.

Never forgetting that wonderful piece of footwear the white pump.

Latest posts

Back