Alison Cork TSV 13/09/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Might have a look for my spare room bed. It doesn't look as nice as the Kelly Hoppen bedspread I bought a while back which was surprisingly good for the price.

CC

I need a bedspread and its irritating me to buy online from cvc because of the hassle of returning it at my cost. so down the dreaded high street I will have to go

Mmmmm, OK. I think I like the furry blanket in the photo better. Not wildly excited but I'll no doubt have a look.

CC

I like the bedspread and the throw but it looks a wee bit too dark. I want the more silver/platinum greys for my bedroom. the pattern on the bedspread is gorgeous

Alison Cork Velvet Scroll Embroidered Bedspread
Item Number: 807850
QVC Price £61.00
Todays Special Value Price £49.96
P&P £0.00

This wonderfully luxurious bedspread from Alison Cork comes in a choice of five different shades and features a soft velvet face with a scroll embroidery design that was developed especially for QVC UK. Add an extra layer of warmth on chilly evenings whilst instantly updating your bedroom decor with this elegant, refined piece.

Choose your colour - in a choice of five opulent shades, there's an option to suit every bedroom. Choose Mink, Grey or Blush if you're a fan of lighter neutrals, or opt for Plum or Teal if you prefer a richer colour palette.

100% polyester
Machine washable at 30C
Can be tumble dried
Bedspread (l x w): 250cm x 260cm (98.4" x 102.4")

Colour options:

Grey
Mink
Blush
Plum
Teal

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.807850

I wouldn't buy the tsv for two reasons, I am not keen on the drab colours and no way would I like my bedspread dragging on the floor, if it fits a 7ft bed I can imagine what it would look like on a single bed.

You can tell it's just something she's put her "name" to, well I say "name" I'd never heard of her, it looks like the same packaging as Cozee Home so the Alison Cork(er) "range" is obviously a made for QVC in house range/brand.

I have heard of Alison Cork she is relatively famous and I agree the packaging looks ever so Qvc.

I wouldn't buy the tsv for two reasons, I am not keen on the drab colours and no way would I like my bedspread dragging on the floor, if it fits a 7ft bed I can imagine what it would look like on a single bed.

I totally agree! How ridiculous having one size fits all. A Superking bedspread is going to look mad on a single bed and as it was a single bed I was shopping for, my money is back in my purse. I thought I'd hate the teal one but I like it.

CC

You can tell it's just something she's put her "name" to, well I say "name" I'd never heard of her, it looks like the same packaging as Cozee Home so the Alison Cork(er) "range" is obviously a made for QVC in house range/brand.

I'd heard of her before she was on the Q because several years ago she presented shows about all things Christmas & our daughters loved them. To me she's the Nigella Lawson of dust gatherers/home decor & along with Simon Wilson, the Hoppen person & others I can't be bothered to name I find it odd to see them on selly telly when their businesses are already established.

Indeed. That's what my Mom would say.....then we have the dog/cat/bunny/Mr B's dirty feet issues....

All that draping onto the floor would be an accident waiting to happen for me, I easily trip over things and hurt myself.

She did say that QVC had made it and that when she saw the finished product she was astonished at the price. It seems big to wash easily which means expensive dry-cleaning.

All that draping onto the floor would be an accident waiting to happen for me, I easily trip over things and hurt myself.

Defo a trip hazard & the thought that a spider would have easy access while I'm asleep is horrendous.

She did say that QVC had made it and that when she saw the finished product she was astonished at the price. It seems big to wash easily which means expensive dry-cleaning.

Just a comment on dry cleaning - Kelly Hoppen recommends dry cleaning all her furry throws and bedspreads but they wash perfectly at 30 degrees and look as good as new. The furry throws need brushing afterwards. I haven't washed my Alison Cork throw yet as "old whitey" (the dog) prefers the Kelly Hoppen one.

CC (who just was never going to get another white dog until this one came along)

CC

Latest posts

Back