Alison Cork TSV 13/09/18 - Page 2




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You can tell it's just something she's put her "name" to, well I say "name" I'd never heard of her, it looks like the same packaging as Cozee Home so the Alison Cork(er) "range" is obviously a made for QVC in house range/brand.

    Likes Grizelda , SisterBliss liked this post
     

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    london
    Posts
    10,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ADVERTISING
    I have heard of Alison Cork she is relatively famous and I agree the packaging looks ever so Qvc.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post
     

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
    I wouldn't buy the tsv for two reasons, I am not keen on the drab colours and no way would I like my bedspread dragging on the floor, if it fits a 7ft bed I can imagine what it would look like on a single bed.
    I totally agree! How ridiculous having one size fits all. A Superking bedspread is going to look mad on a single bed and as it was a single bed I was shopping for, my money is back in my purse. I thought I'd hate the teal one but I like it.

    CC
    Likes Grizelda , shopperholic liked this post
     

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    You can tell it's just something she's put her "name" to, well I say "name" I'd never heard of her, it looks like the same packaging as Cozee Home so the Alison Cork(er) "range" is obviously a made for QVC in house range/brand.
    I'd heard of her before she was on the Q because several years ago she presented shows about all things Christmas & our daughters loved them. To me she's the Nigella Lawson of dust gatherers/home decor & along with Simon Wilson, the Hoppen person & others I can't be bothered to name I find it odd to see them on selly telly when their businesses are already established.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post
     

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    297
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
    I wouldn't buy the tsv for two reasons, I am not keen on the drab colours and no way would I like my bedspread dragging on the floor, if it fits a 7ft bed I can imagine what it would look like on a single bed.
    Indeed. That's what my Mom would say.....then we have the dog/cat/bunny/Mr B's dirty feet issues....
    Likes shopperholic liked this post
     

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,186
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    All that draping onto the floor would be an accident waiting to happen for me, I easily trip over things and hurt myself.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    She did say that QVC had made it and that when she saw the finished product she was astonished at the price. It seems big to wash easily which means expensive dry-cleaning.
    Likes Twilight liked this post
     

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ERICS MUM View Post
    All that draping onto the floor would be an accident waiting to happen for me, I easily trip over things and hurt myself.
    Defo a trip hazard & the thought that a spider would have easy access while I'm asleep is horrendous.
    Likes SisterBliss, boffy liked this post
     

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    london
    Posts
    10,715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was in Zara Home they have quilts for 140 beautiful but expensive
    Likes SisterBliss liked this post
     

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    ADVERTISING


    Quote Originally Posted by Linwood View Post
    She did say that QVC had made it and that when she saw the finished product she was astonished at the price. It seems big to wash easily which means expensive dry-cleaning.
    Just a comment on dry cleaning - Kelly Hoppen recommends dry cleaning all her furry throws and bedspreads but they wash perfectly at 30 degrees and look as good as new. The furry throws need brushing afterwards. I haven't washed my Alison Cork throw yet as "old whitey" (the dog) prefers the Kelly Hoppen one.

    CC (who just was never going to get another white dog until this one came along)

    CC
    Likes SisterBliss, Tarketta liked this post
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •