Amazon Yankee Candle Large Jar £10 deal spot!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally Loopy Lou

Registered Shopper
I'm all out of candles (well, jar candles - I've a fair few wax tarts in reserve and plenty of unscented Price's maxi tealights so it's a not a *total* wax emergency, but I did have to add a Glade jar candle for £2 to my online grocery order this week, so things are pretty bad..! ;)
(Incidentally, the Glade (Relaxing Zen) isn't bad!)

Anyway I thought I'd have a look to see what Yankee jars I could see on Amazon and there are several of the My Planet Yankee sets (ex QVC) on there at good prices - eg 3 medium jars and 3 small jars for £34.99 free pandp.

But I also spotted a large jar of Tobacco Flower for £10 with free postage (I'm on Prime so I think if you're not you'd need to spend the usual £20 across amazon to get free shipping?)

I've only smelt it once and cold but seem to remember liking it and the description sounds 'me', so I'm going to go for it, so thought I'd share in case it suits anyone else out!

Yankee Candle Tobacco Flower Jar Candle, Yellow, Large https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N3KPGQG/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Thank you, I have ordered one. Know I used to grow it in the garden years ago and it was a lovely night time scent.

Thank you, I have ordered one. Know I used to grow it in the garden years ago and it was a lovely night time scent.

Pleasure! I have to admit I've never seen let alone smelt a 'real' tobacco flower plant. Is it one of those heady evening blooms then. Didn't think it would grow over here!

Hope you like the candle when you get it..

That is an excellent price isn't it?

I thought so - worth sharing anyway I hope ;)

Generally the best I tend to see is £12.50/13 in sales so seemed too good to miss!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleasure! I have to admit I've never seen let alone smelt a 'real' tobacco flower plant. Is it one of those heady evening blooms then. Didn't think it would grow over here!

Hope you like the candle when you get it..

I thought so - worth sharing anyway I hope ;)

Generally the best I tend to see is £12.50/13 in sales so seemed too good to miss!

Candle just arrived. Will open it later.

I used to grow Nicotiana in a little kitchen garden I had. It must have been to attract something or repel something as they are a bit scruffy to be a cut flower and don't think they are edible either.

Just ordered the Riviera Escape too.

I used to grow Nicotiana in a little kitchen garden I had. It must have been to attract something or repel something as they are a bit scruffy to be a cut flower and don't think they are edible either.

Wonder if you've opened your Tobacco Flower candle - or Riviera one either? What do you think?

My tobacco flower large jar came this evening. I had ordered it alongside another couple of boring DIY products and it came separately packed in a box so v safe/sound which was good...

I immediately smelt the lid and wax cold and really impressed by the smell. Hard to describe - mainly a fairly strong floral and not too sweet and hint of spiciness? Not earth shattering but very pleasant!

However I lit it at around midnight - about 40 mins ago - and I can't smell a huge amount! :(
Really hope it's going to get going as so far bit gutted by the lack of throw!

Hi again. How did you get on with either candle, Julie? (That's if you've had a chance to burn them yet!)

I have been burning the large jar Tobacco Flower for a few nights now, and I have to say I'm really disappointed by the throw :(

I love(d) the scent cold and quite like the smell when burning BUT I can barely smell it from 4 feet away and after 4 hours!! Gutted ;)

Have all Yankee candles lost throw or is this a one off I wonder?!

never had one not smell & i buy from all over the place

Thanks for sharing your experience. Lucky you!

Not saying my candle didn't smell, just that the throw is very poor and general scent not nearly as strong as other large jars I've had...

I've read a few people on this forum in various places commenting similar I think? But can't remember where! And that they are shooting and smell more of paraffin...

Wondered if limited to this scent or more general issue?

Hiya, can't say the tobacco flower candle smelled anything like the flowers I used to grow. Not a huge amount of throw and for some reason it smells of wood polish to me.

The Riviera one seems to have a dodgy wick, I am no expert on candles though. The wick is unraveling as it burns so throws a big flame, tried trimming it each time but to no avail. Like the smell though.

Both candles were worth a go, you'll never know if you like it unless you try it.

Latest posts

Back