Butler & Wilson hairband

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
A few years ago I bought one of B & W headband - art deco style. The style gave me a headache, and after one wear I noticed 2 stones had fallen out. Not cheap at over £40.

I now design and make my own headbands for sale at craft fairs etc, and I use a different headband - far more comfortable, and equally as good as Simon's for a fraction of the price and NO p & P !!!

He is clearly irritated by Kabler continually talking over him. Love it.

Just watched a bit of B&W - what utterly horrible things they have got on the show. Really cheap looking gaudy items at big prices. They used to be quirky but I wouldn't give any of it house room now.

CC

The quirky animal items are obviously popular on QVC.I do see things I like at first glance then think when would I wear that?The pieces I have had for years are usually trotted out at Christmas then never see the light of day.I don’t think the quality is as good these days and so many are downright tacky.

I don`t know where they get their prices from and I wouldn`t wear 99% of the B & W stuff which QVC sells.
I have a friend who is Strictly Come Dancing mad and she watches every series and also goes to at least one of their tour shows. She also loves brooches so as part of her birthday present I bought her a dancing couple brooch. It wasn`t the BW ones which are far and above our agreed birthday present limit ( £10 to £15 ) but one I bought from Ebay and she wears it constantly and its still going strong. She loves it and it cost me less than a tenner last year. The one I bought her had clear crystals but the one in the link below is identical to it.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dancing-...729754?hash=item23a696661a:g:9VsAAOSwaMJbQ3sh

A few years ago I bought one of B & W headband - art deco style. The style gave me a headache, and after one wear I noticed 2 stones had fallen out. Not cheap at over £40.

I now design and make my own headbands for sale at craft fairs etc, and I use a different headband - far more comfortable, and equally as good as Simon's for a fraction of the price and NO p & P !!!

He is clearly irritated by Kabler continually talking over him. Love it.

I would love to see some of these Brissles....

The Butler guy was the one who designed the high-end stuff it seems. They split and he moved to the US and sells on the I think the HSN channel. He let Simon keep the name no idea of the legal rights etc? Anyway, the B&W stuff around now is all made cheap as pennies in China and I am sure old Simon must make a good 99% profit.

I have two of the little fairy pins from last century, one silver coloured the other gold tone. I swear they cost something like £12.50! All the tiny stones are still there. Never bought anything since as never appealed to me.

I have a dragonfly brooch(I like brooches on coats usually dragonflies, bees or such like), anyway, it cost £5 some years back. Still on the coat only comes off when the coat goes to the cleaner. The number of people who have asked me over the years about it thinking it was vintage! No, £5 from Avon!

There are plenty of B&W look a likes around these days for a fraction of the prices.They trade on the name which I remember from the 70’s, still have a small Lizard broach.It obviously appeals to the QVC market who think they are getting something really special.If you look at their own website they offer a fraction of the amount on Q.Never been to the Fulham Rd. shop, used to pop into S.Molton St., now closed but never bought.

Funny you should mention Avon D, I have a couple of brooches I bought in the 80s when I worked in a large office filled with ladies. I'd pass a book around and got plenty of commission for no real effort.

I also have some sterling silver jewellery by Nicky Butler and it's beautiful; set with amethyst, peridot and citrine for a better price than Simon's efforts. I remember someone posting a link to AliBaba where the same B&W designs could be bought for pennies which put me off the brand as much as his inflated prices and Simon's demeanour do!

I don’t know how he can sit there waxing lyrical. I’ll never forget the sight in Outlet of the bag with loads of stones on the flap, well there would have been loads if they hadn’t fallen off, and for sale, what a cheek. He won’t improve quality when Q people buy, why would he, the quality has been awful for years and the items are still selling.

Ah yes, the bags ! who remembers the faux crocodile with the crocodile keyring attached. Q were flogging those to death, and lots of reports of stones falling out of the crocodile. And the evening bags, what prices they were ? He doesn't do them on air anymore. Too much competition on line now, and Accessorize do equally lovely ones.

There are plenty of B&W look a likes around these days for a fraction of the prices.They trade on the name which I remember from the 70’s, still have a small Lizard broach.It obviously appeals to the QVC market who think they are getting something really special.If you look at their own website they offer a fraction of the amount on Q.Never been to the Fulham Rd. shop, used to pop into S.Molton St., now closed but never bought.

I agree, there are lots of costume jewellery designs out there were Mr Wilson must get his inspiration from for a couple of quid, yes even teddy bears on bikes :mysmilie_17:

Does anybody really believe he does all the 'designing' now ? I doubt if he's capable to be honest, and spends his time being the 'front' man for his own company from his home in Monaco. Probably like Victoria Beckham, having a team in a backroom churning out stuff that's pricey and will eventually be reduced due to lack of sales.

He used to say he "sourced" his range...now he just lets the presenter say he's designed them without clarifying the point. Caveat emptor!

Latest posts

Back