Skechers TSV 14/09/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting insight into what Germany has to offer. The selection of Kipling was greater than we have too. I always thought that Judith Williams said she was just going/coming back from Germany on her various visits, but looking down the list of product brands, there is no Judith Williams listed !

Interesting insight into what Germany has to offer. The selection of Kipling was greater than we have too. I always thought that Judith Williams said she was just going/coming back from Germany on her various visits, but looking down the list of product brands, there is no Judith Williams listed !

She is German and lives there with hubby and kids. Isn't she on HSE as well as Q?

Yes, I have posted it on here somewhere: In Germany, she sells on HSE24, not on QVC. She is German-American, both her parents are Americans (her father is an opera singer), she and her sisters grew up in Germany.

I have just bought a very, very similar shoe at similar price from a catalogue. I have a wide foot and I have found the shoe I bought a tad on the snug side but because of the elastic inserts it isn't pinching. They are quite long though and if you have a normal/slim foot I'd go down a half size/size. I'm a 6 and I need a 6 in these but that's because of my fat feet. Really pleased with the ones I've bought and I very well may go for these as well.

CC

Skechers Street Double Up Diamond Slip On Trainer
Item Number: 172730
QVC Price £54.50
Todays Special Value Price £46.92
P&P £4.95

Currently only available at QVC, these Street Diamond Dancer Slip-On Shoes from Skechers feature an on-trend flatform design, a diamond embellished pattern on the front, and beaded and rhinestone detailing for a touch of texture and sparkle. With an easy, slip-on style, add a pop of colour to your daytime look with these fashionable and functional Skechers shoes.

Style and comfort combined - these shoes feature dual-side elastic fabric panels, so you can slip into the soft fabric lining with ease. With a flexible rubber traction outsole and an Air Cool Memory Foam insole, these stylish shoes will keep your feet looking stylish and feeling supported and cool throughout the day.

Hues to suit you - these chic trainers are available in four fabulous colours, including classic Black, sleek Silver, on-trend Pink and elegant Navy, so you can opt for classic and understated style, or bold and colourful.

The perfect fit - we recommend you go down half a size from your regular shoe size.

Smooth metallic synthetic upper
Skechers logo on the heel panel
Flexible rubber traction outsole with star accent
Platform height: 3.8cm (1.5")

Colour options:

Black
Silver
Pink
Navy

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.172730

This gets my goat when they recommend you go down a half size. FFS just make the shoes the proper size. Oh, we'll make a size 6 a size 5.5 and a 7 a 6.5. Why not just make a 6 a 6?????

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. However, I'm going to get some in a 5.5 and THEY BETTER FIT OR I WILL ASK FOR MY P AND P BACK.

CC

This gets my goat when they recommend you go down a half size. FFS just make the shoes the proper size. Oh, we'll make a size 6 a size 5.5 and a 7 a 6.5. Why not just make a 6 a 6?????

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. However, I'm going to get some in a 5.5 and THEY BETTER FIT OR I WILL ASK FOR MY P AND P BACK.

CC

Just like the NMDJ. They advised going down a size so basically they are just labelled incorrectly. Don't they consider that some people won't watch the presentations but will just buy from the website and totally reasonably expect their normal size to fit.

To confuse matters even more, Vonda is telling everyone to go down a half size and then says "I'm a four and I'm in a four". Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We'll see what they're like when they arrive. I suspect lots of folk will complain if they've followed the size advice and then have to pay to return them because they don't fit.

CC

To confuse matters even more, Vonda is telling everyone to go down a half size and then says "I'm a four and I'm in a four". Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. We'll see what they're like when they arrive. I suspect lots of folk will complain if they've followed the size advice and then have to pay to return them because they don't fit.

CC

She did say that hers were quite roomy. Ive gone down half a size to 3.5 so I hope the advice is right otherwise there are going to be a lot of returns. Jackie did say that the most popular size is 3.5 so there must be a lot of people like me who are size 4. They do seem to be inconsistent with the sizing. I have a lot of sketchers and they do vary from pair to pair.

I am a size 3 and actually went into my local Sketchers shop a few weeks back. Every size 3 I was walking out of before they had even been worn and stretched as shoes always do over time. I actually need the children's size 2, but of course, they are all bright pink or orange.

CC

Me too. What do I do with my size 8 feet? If I go down to a 7 (?) they won't be long enough......or will they?
My feet are normal width - ie standard - dare I say narrower at the heel, but normal around the 'bunion area' (I don't have a bunion proper....yet) With the relaxed style go walk's (men's slippers) the size 8 was massive. Wide enough for a yeti.
I have long size 8 feet (golf clubs) Why do sketchers assume that long feet =yeti feet? Can anyone help?
Pointless asking CS/Q to have the same old bull..... (rant over)

Last edited:
HistoricallyI have loved Sketchers but have got tired of them of late.Might have considered the Black because I don’t want the white soles ( they seem to be everywhere these days) but they have just said go down a size which to me is a bit hit & miss.I have this morning just bought a pair of casual shoes in my local, very nice shoe shop. Very pleased BUT with the so called demise of the High St. they are going to have to offer better service than I have had.Just plonking them down in front of you, no conversation after that is not good enough.This is an individual shop in a small town that brings in visitors for a good shopping, cafe, scenic experience.

Latest posts

Back