Ruth Langsford Fastion TSV 15/09/18 - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by China Girl View Post
    Why is she so popular all of a sudden?
    I think we're supposed to 'identify' with her. Because of course a woman on a couple of hundred thousand pounds salary who has a blow dry every morning is totally 'relate-able'.

Likes SisterBliss, brissles , loveheart liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Well, if I had her blow-dry, I'd look in the mirror and say "really ?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brissles View Post
    Well, if I had her blow-dry, I'd look in the mirror and say "really ?"
    I'd say the same if I had her husband.

Post Thanks / Like

She's not, she's just got a bloody good Agent !!

When you see Lorraine 'smirky' Kelly / Holly 'boss eyed' Willoughby / Davina 'skeleton' McCall everywhere from magazine covers to toilet rolls, they're the same - a good Agent. Funny, I seem to know all about Holly Willoughby from magazine articles, but I've yet to actually see her on the tele apart from adverts. (I can't bear all that jollity from ITV in the mornings)
    I cannot stand Lorraine Kelly, how DID that woman get a job on TV. She's got ten a penny looks, a hideous grin and a voice similar to a cat getting its tail sawn off. Does she have a worse voice than Sally Jacks? Close run thing.

No cats were harmed during this rant.

CC
    Likes brissles , Twilight liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candycane View Post
    I cannot stand Lorraine Kelly, how DID that woman get a job on TV. She's got ten a penny looks, a hideous grin and a voice similar to a cat getting its tail sawn off. Does she have a worse voice than Sally Jacks? Close run thing.

CC
    Nothing trumps Foghorn Jacks.
    Likes candycane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CC
    I agree, can't interview to save her life, screeches at her guests & is generally past it.
    Likes candycane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I remember a few years ago there was a bit of a hoo ha with the Madeleys (that other awful couple), and lots of behind the scenes rowing with Ms Kelly, who is quite a diva by all accounts. That rictus grin doesn't fool everybody.
    Likes Craftalot , candycane, Twilight liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I remember a few years ago there was a bit of a hoo ha with the Madeleys (that other awful couple), and lots of behind the scenes rowing with Ms Kelly, who is quite a diva by all accounts. That rictus grin doesn't fool everybody.
    It must be the television presenter version of keeping up with the Joneses. I haven't heard rictus grin in ages, it's the perfect description.

Post Thanks / Like

CC
    Lorraine comes over a bit too perfect & now she looks as though her head is too big for her body (lollipop?)I remember years ago when she was a reporter in Scotland I had to switch her STRAIGHT off.No offence to those with a Scottish accent but I couldn’t tell a word she said ( & I have lived in Scotland).They have ‘toned her down’ still keeping the accent but just not as pronounced.
    Thanks brissles thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

A few years ago my oldest son and DIL were on the Good Morning TV programme. My son said he fell in love a little bit with Holly, he said she was lovely before they went on air, was genuine in her concern that he and his wife felt relaxed and said she was so easy to talk to. He also said Phil was nice too but very small in stature but the one person they said was a total diva and not very nice backstage to the makeup girls and whilst waiting in the lounge was Alan Titchmarsh. My son said AT was so far up his own backside he was almost wearing it like a hat !
    Likes Craftalot , candycane, Twilight liked this post