Ruth Langsford Fastion TSV 15/09/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A few years ago my oldest son and DIL were on the Good Morning TV programme. My son said he fell in love a little bit with Holly, he said she was lovely before they went on air, was genuine in her concern that he and his wife felt relaxed and said she was so easy to talk to. He also said Phil was nice too but very small in stature but the one person they said was a total diva and not very nice backstage to the makeup girls and whilst waiting in the lounge was Alan Titchmarsh. My son said AT was so far up his own backside he was almost wearing it like a hat !

They are right & social events bring this out even more, if you get my drift :drunk:

Ah yes Titchmarsh, I've read posts about him on DS forum.

He's rather fond of the "do you know who I am" line, and very obnoxious by all accounts.

Dear old Alan T makes Richard Jackson sound like your dream man - or is that going a bit too far :mysmilie_17:

CC

Interesting ! a friend of mine said the same thing about Titchmarsh - when on a WI outing to some gardens somewhere or other, apparently he was most unapproachable, and like you say, was really up himself. Amazing what you hear about these so called 'down to earth' tele faces. I knew someone who worked in the wardrobe at the BBC for many years, and according to the backstage crew the biggest diva of the lot (at that time) was Cilla Black !! wasn't averse to throwing her weight around when it suited.

A few years ago my oldest son and DIL were on the Good Morning TV programme. My son said he fell in love a little bit with Holly, he said she was lovely before they went on air, was genuine in her concern that he and his wife felt relaxed and said she was so easy to talk to. He also said Phil was nice too but very small in stature but the one person they said was a total diva and not very nice backstage to the makeup girls and whilst waiting in the lounge was Alan Titchmarsh. My son said AT was so far up his own backside he was almost wearing it like a hat !

I can totally see how that would be - I've always thought he'd be someone who might say to some poor TV runner: "do you know who I am? I'm Alan Titchmarsh, now do what I tell you". I imagine that Graham Norton is the same.

Ruth's hair is too perfect. However, Jackie's tresses are questionable. Are they extensions?

Some time ago she did have extensions put onto her short bobbed hair, a style that really suited her. She recently had her hair cut but whether it's now all her own is anyone's guess. It never fails to amaze me why so many presenters have such awful looking hair, they all rave about the haircare products available at the Q yet they don't appear to be very good adverts for them.

They're churning out the knitwear TSVs at the moment! This looks like a chunky fisherman's rib which I'm not keen on and my hair isn't as big as Ruth's to require that large neckline.

I think we're supposed to 'identify' with her. Because of course a woman on a couple of hundred thousand pounds salary who has a blow dry every morning is totally 'relate-able'.

We're all thinking it.....Sack the hairdresser.......She could look nice with a really super short cut, glossy darker colour, baylage highlights.....

Some time ago she did have extensions put onto her short bobbed hair, a style that really suited her. She recently had her hair cut but whether it's now all her own is anyone's guess. It never fails to amaze me why so many presenters have such awful looking hair, they all rave about the haircare products available at the Q yet they don't appear to be very good adverts for them.

Yes, they are...at least sh's been honest about them.....

Last edited by a moderator:
The jumper is typical 'Ruth Langsford' - the sort of thing she'd wear for "walking the dog" (wait and see how many times THAT comment is said).

The neckline is hard to wear - earrings get caught in it, hair is always trapped in it. If its a cold day a scarf would be challenging, and a warm day you wouldn't wear it.

AND its too bulky for wearing under a coat. Ok though for going on an Arctic holiday I suppose.

Ruth Langsford Chunky Knit Roll Neck Sweater with Side Zip Detail
Item Number: 173621
QVC Price £60.00
Todays Special Value Price £46.98
P&P £2.95

or 2 Easy Pays of £23.49

A versatile new piece from Ruth Langsfords 2018 Autumn/Winter Collection, this oversized cotton blend knit jumper features a ribbed roll neck and turned up cuffs, plus long sleeves, a hi-lo hemline and stylish zip detailing on the sides. Stay chic and cosy throughout the season with this gorgeous piece that'll fit seamlessly into your wardrobe.

Versatile style - this easy to wear piece drapes beautifully when you wear it and can be used to create a number of stylish looks. Dress it down with your favourite jeans or trousers and boots or create a sleek evening look with a faux leather pencil skirt or slim-fitting trousers and heels. The zip detailing really adds interest too.

Take your pick - choose from six rich tones that are gorgeous for the new season. Opt for classics Grey, Black or Navy or go for a touch of subtle colour with Olive, Bordeaux or Toffee.

62% cotton, 38% acrylic
Maximum temperature 30C

Colour options:

Grey - silver zips
Black - silver zips
Navy - silver zips
Olive - gold zips
Bordeaux - gold zips
Toffee - gold zips

Garment measurements:

Chest: XS: 99.1cm (39"), S: 104.1cm (41"), M: 109.2cm (43"), L: 115.6cm (45.5"), XL: 123.2cm (48.5"), 2XL: 133.4cm (52.5"), 3XL: 143.5cm (56.5")
Length: XS - M: 69cm (27.3"), L: 70.5cm (27.8"), XL: 71.5cm (28.1"), 2XL: 73.5cm (28.9"), 3XL: 75.5cm (29.7")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.173621

very unflattering style- makes the chesticles look huge, the neck disappear and worn with the dreaded leggings-not for me!

As the saying goes-there are three things that tell the truth,children,drunk people and leggings!

Totally , especially for something so dull.

I agree with brissles words -

'The jumper is typical 'Ruth Langsford' - the sort of thing she'd wear for "walking the dog" (wait and see how many times THAT comment is said).

The neckline is hard to wear - earrings get caught in it, hair is always trapped in it. If its a cold day a scarf would be challenging, and a warm day you wouldn't wear it.

AND its too bulky for wearing under a coat. Ok though for going on an Arctic holiday I suppose'.

I don't think it's dull just expensive for a cotton & acrylic mix jumper that would be of limited use considering most of us have centrally heated homes in a country that usually has wet autumns & winters.

very unflattering style- makes the chesticles look huge, the neck disappear and worn with the dreaded leggings-not for me!

As the saying goes-there are three things that tell the truth,children,drunk people and leggings!

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15: Just chucked my leggings in the bin lol.

CC

Latest posts

Back