Ruth Langsford Fastion TSV 15/09/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I won't be buying although I do quite like it. It's similar to a phase eight jumper I bought last year.

I like the look of the jumper but feel it will ‘grow’ and not spring back into shape being mainly cotton.Ruth is stressing the 30 day MBG—- yes but how much is it going to cost to try £4.95 to get it here to start with.I take chances with clothes ordered on line BUT with FREE delivery & returns only QVC!

Ruth Langsford's agent is probably the one she shares with her husband, and, indeed, he/she does a great job promoting both of them. I think she appeals to many women because of her age. Is she a role model for some people? I don't want a chunky jumper, anyway. I'm chunky enough myself!

Ruth Langsford's agent is probably the one she shares with her husband, and, indeed, he/she does a great job promoting both of them. I think she appeals to many women because of her age. Is she a role model for some people? I don't want a chunky jumper, anyway. I'm chunky enough myself!

You're right, they share the same management company as do many on ITV. I find the idea of middle aged women needing a role model quite ridiculous, there are quite a number of women I find inspirational but it stops there. There was a post on here a few months ago about the Russells, mother & daughter who model on the Q, Jane's Twitter page states that she's Mentor to many. Really? I also read somewhere that she has 38 inch hips so being spiteful I'm going take all that with a large spoonful of salt.

I don't like the way Jane, the mother, stares into the middle distance when she models on QVC. Also, I dislike how mother and daughter always agree wholeheartedly how comfortable and wearable all Ruth's clothes are. I suppose they have to answer in the affirmative as Ruth asks them directly to comment on her clothes while they are modeling.

I don't like the way Jane, the mother, stares into the middle distance when she models on QVC. Also, I dislike how mother and daughter always agree wholeheartedly how comfortable and wearable all Ruth's clothes are. I suppose they have to answer in the affirmative as Ruth asks them directly to comment on her clothes while they are modeling.

My thoughts exactly.

You're right, they share the same management company as do many on ITV. I find the idea of middle aged women needing a role model quite ridiculous, there are quite a number of women I find inspirational but it stops there. There was a post on here a few months ago about the Russells, mother & daughter who model on the Q, Jane's Twitter page states that she's Mentor to many. Really? I also read somewhere that she has 38 inch hips so being spiteful I'm going take all that with a large spoonful of salt.

I appreciate that teenyboppers can be influenced by their pop star heroes, but honestly, anyone older than that must want their head looking at if they are 'influenced' by celebrities to buy any product, let alone fashion. Gullible doesn't come into it.

Apparently Moneybags Willoughby has only to wear on her Instagram an item from the High Street, and it sells out in hours - yeah and then in her real life its designer only stuff. The Duchess of Cambridge and her children have the same effect. I suppose the 'gullibles' like to say they have the same item of clothing as so and so. Sad isn't it.

Well, I wouldn't on principle line the pockets further of these well paid slebs. Its obscene.

A lot of people like someone they ‘relate’ to that is why the likes of M&S pay vast sums to the Willoughby & Co. Daft I know & completely wasted on the likes of me and probably most of us.I like RL on TV but take little notice of her ‘clothing’ offer on QVC.Some people are so deluded about their abilities, on that note just been reading about Victoria B. ‘Celebrating’ 10 years in the fashion business @ LFW, we all know it is loosing money hand over fist.Anyone else would crawl away & hide under a stone.

A lot of people like someone they ‘relate’ to that is why the likes of M&S pay vast sums to the Willoughby & Co. Daft I know & completely wasted on the likes of me and probably most of us.I like RL on TV but take little notice of her ‘clothing’ offer on QVC.Some people are so deluded about their abilities, on that note just been reading about Victoria B. ‘Celebrating’ 10 years in the fashion business @ LFW, we all know it is loosing money hand over fist.Anyone else would crawl away & hide under a stone.

I don't get why Marks continues to throw good money after bad with these ventures - they've tried this with various 'celebs' (it may work with HW, who knows) and it fails every time with those carefully 'curated' items ending up in the sale bin. It's a particular bugbear of mine as Marks was always the place you could rely on for good quality staples such as suits and tailored trousers, dresses, smart tops etc and they deviated from that so much they've totally lost their way. They've also hiked up their prices to way more than they should be.

I bought a dress from their long defunct 'Portfolio' range about 10 years ago which still looks as good as new and which I still get compliments on when I wear it, I just wish they'd go back to their roots and streamline this celeb nonsense.

Latest posts

Back