Carry On Camping Anyone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Yes, I today got a random survey from QVC about camping:mysmilie_15::thinking::wonder:

Did I go camping? No

What was my idea for perfect camping, Basic or only 5star? Not happening so none

Different photos of tents and various camping things which I had no interest in.

So expect the wonderful carry on camping holidays to be coming soon.

Yes, really.

5* All inclusive is more my cup of tea, never ever been camping and don't intend to, even though my daughter and grandchildren love it!

I got the same survey and I did enough camping in my young teens so I wouldn`t touch it with a bargepole nowadays. Maybe I misread it but I thought one question in the survey was about QVC doing actual camping holidays. I sped through the survey so I could be wrong.

I got the same survey and I did enough camping in my young teens so I wouldn`t touch it with a bargepole nowadays. Maybe I misread it but I thought one question in the survey was about QVC doing actual camping holidays. I sped through the survey so I could be wrong.

Yes, it was camping holidays!

That'll be a "NO!" from me too. Bet we can all guess which QVC presenters Barbara Windsor, Sid James and Kenneth Williams will be though eh? eh? :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

On a positive note, this would at least be a new show theme rather than the borefest of most beauty, fashion and jewellery shows.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was more discussion about Craig.

Surely for QVC it would be 'Glamping', not your run-of-the-mill camping. I'm thinking a yurt somewhere in a idyllic field in Devon, with perfectly-behaved children. A picnic full of overpriced biscuits in a pretty tin and a couple of bits of smoked salmon for north of £30. You'll be sat there in your reclining camping/garden chair (replete with 'sun shade') using your overpriced tablet, sipping your overpriced alcoholic ribena (or should that be 'Cassis') wondering why you didn't take everyone's advice and go abroad after all.

Camping QVC style.

Rely on Q for camping gear.....you'd be going without your tent with their delivery efforts!!!

But QVC will want to sell you the best beauty products to take and what fashion to wear.:mysmilie_7:
By the time you had packed all the lotions and potions QVC try to convince you are essential you wouldn't have room for any camping gear. And going anywhere near a camp fire in any of their polyester "fashion" is a disaster waiting to happen.

Back in the 70's my dad used to chuck us all in our very large old car and take us canvas holidaying in France. As kids we loved it and were some of my best holiday memories. These days we have a static caravan with plug in electric, power shower and proper toilet. The thought of fighting mosquitoes, nowhere to plug in my straighteners and a midnight trip to the communal loos does not appeal.

It will be interesting to see what Q's plans are for camping/glamping/being camp.

CC

Maybe they are thinking along the Hi-de-Hi camping style, with Debbie F and Craig R in charge.:grin::grin:

Maybe they're trying to "re-purpose" some of those loud print 3XL maxi dresses from the summer "fashion" shows? All you'd need is a pole and a few tent pegs. Should be big enough for a family of 4.

Latest posts

Back