Le Creuset TSV 19/09/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've always liked Le Creuset but they are hugely expensive. A friend had some and they are quite heavy as well. They do look very posh in the kitchen though so I may have a look.

CC

Other than an extra large saucepan that I can batch cook in and a small two handled pan with lid that I can use on the stove or in the oven I got shot of all of mine years ago. Far too heavy for everyday use and even when cooking on a low heat everything stuck to the frying pan unless I saturated it with oil. I now have a Tefal set which cost about £60 and a great frying pan I got from Sainsbury's for under £20.

Not for me they are far too heavy, just imagine dropping one of the dishes on your foot. No thanks. I’ll stick(no pun intended)to my regular stainless steel and Tefal pans and Pyrex dishes.

I had them a few years ago and yes they are very very heavy
It got tiresome and I have the odd back issues sometimes so just a no go for me now
Very sturdy though but I’ve got HOF viners a few years and they are fab

I've got a few from a Debenhams sale when I moved to this house.

As everyone says, they are extremely heavy, and the inside glaze on one of them soon got badly marked and will not clean up.

Le Creuset quality has suffered since they've got more and more popular and overpriced. For cast iron cookware (which is, given its nature, going to be heavy) I prefer Staub or even the American brand Lodge.

Just a thought if anyone is tempted.

If you are waiting for something to come to the boil and then turn it down to simmer, there is so much heat stored in the cast iron that even if you turn it down at the first sign of it coming to the boil, it will invariably still boil over!

Very heavy - how will that affect QVC’s postage and packing costs ? :taphead::mysmilie_365:

Like everything else it's the name you pay for, I bought this for a tenner https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/ber...s_iw%2c-average_overall_rating_iw%2c-stock_iw I don't care about names. Although I do love Pyrex dishes.

:mysmilie_19:

Just a thought if anyone is tempted.

If you are waiting for something to come to the boil and then turn it down to simmer, there is so much heat stored in the cast iron that even if you turn it down at the first sign of it coming to the boil, it will invariably still boil over!

Good to know!

Very heavy - how will that affect QVC’s postage and packing costs ? :taphead::mysmilie_365:

It probably won't affect them whatsoever, since Q p&p costs would usually cover Shire Horse shipping, IYKWIM....
Don't try this at home, kids!

Last edited by a moderator:
ha ! ha ! ha !

:mysmilie_17: £200 for a cooking pot !!! I don't care what the brand is, or whether its covered in gold leaf, who in their right mind would pay this to cook a stew in ????

There are a couple of other Le Creuset items on the TSV launch show, but the odd thing is that not all the colours match up with those of the TSV. If I were buying two or more of these items I would want them all in the same colour. At that price I want them to make an impact in my kitchen. I’ve already got a kitchen full of mid-matched pots and utensils !

Wonder how many they've sold. The price is ridiculous even if the brand is "high end". I bought a whole set of very good quality stoneware, 3 pans, 3 lids, 2 frying pans and a steamer for £99, great to use and a dream to clean. I know it's not a casserole dish, that item was bought from Asda for £6.99 and does a fantastic job.

CC

Like another poster, I too love and have grown up with Pyrex. However, like most manufacturers they missed a trick by not putting 'proper' handles on the side for easy of lifting. (at least this tsv has handles). I've lost count over the years at the careful juggling I've done to get a dish out of the oven without dropping it or giving myself 3rd degree burns !!!!

(And I see the other £30 crueset on offer doesn't have handles either.)

One thing QVC overlook is that many of their premium brands are nowadays available on the high street etc as far cheaper versions but of a quality that almost rivals their brands. Most of the large supermarkets have their own brands of cookware, table ware etc. The likes of Dunelm have good quality bedding and towels in many more colours and patterns.

I also think they’ve lost sight of the fact that most people are savvy shoppers who are capable of balancing cost versus quality when deciding what and where to buy.

There is still a place for QVC, I still buy if I think something is good value or I want to use the MBG.

Latest posts

Back