Rick Stein's Kitchen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Did a double-take Rick Stein is on QVC right now. He is selling a range of cookware and preparing 3 recipez.I'm intrigued. Not sure whether Jackie Kabler is a good fit... Not a natural cook, is she!

Did a double-take Rick Stein is on QVC right now. He is selling a range of cookware and preparing 3 recipez.I'm intrigued. Not sure whether Jackie Kabler is a good fit... Not a natural cook, is she!

I can't believe he 'sold out' (to Q) like this?

Surely he makes loads of money already?

Imagine Jill Frank's on with him.:mysmilie_483:

He can't possibly need the money because he has restaurants all over the place including Sandbanks, however, I think he likes the tv publicity. A few years ago there were many cookery shows on many channels, this also happened with gardening, home decorating & property. Now the focus is on 'reality' & I wonder if those who got used to the limelight are finding it hard to be in the dark. I looked at the list of stuff & wasn't impressed, I like to have white plates, don't need a fish kettle & thought that it was the ultimate in conceit to have a pinny with his name on it. The Q loves the kudos of KH, Molton Brown, Lulu Guiness & the rest, such a shame they have poor quality control - sending out items that have obviously been used & clothes that have been badly made.

Rick Stein must be like so many other "celebrities." They can never have enough money or limelight. They will go on with what they're doing until they drop. I thought Jackie did quite well making him feel at his ease. While the blue motif on the plates is colourful, it is a bit of an amorphous mess We know, also, that food always looks better on simple white. The aprons - no way. Who wants his name plastered across their torso? The food looked delicious, however, and he made it look easy to do.

He can't possibly need the money because he has restaurants all over the place including Sandbanks, however, I think he likes the tv publicity. A few years ago there were many cookery shows on many channels, this also happened with gardening, home decorating & property. Now the focus is on 'reality' & I wonder if those who got used to the limelight are finding it hard to be in the dark. I looked at the list of stuff & wasn't impressed, I like to have white plates, don't need a fish kettle & thought that it was the ultimate in conceit to have a pinny with his name on it. The Q loves the kudos of KH, Molton Brown, Lulu Guiness & the rest, such a shame they have poor quality control - sending out items that have obviously been used & clothes that have been badly made.
The restaurant sector of the economy has taken a bit of a battering lately with Jamie's Italian, Byron and Prezzo amongst the ones suffering. I'm not sure where his restaurants sit compared to these but maybe his business isn't doing as well as it used to.

The restaurant sector of the economy has taken a bit of a battering lately with Jamie's Italian, Byron and Prezzo amongst the ones suffering. I'm not sure where his restaurants sit compared to these but maybe his business isn't doing as well as it used to.

He's got four restaurants, a guesthouse, self catering accommodation, gift shop/deli & a cookery school in Cornwall, another four restaurants in the UK & places in Australia. He's obviously kept the business within the family rather than going down the franchise route & even though Padstow is a relatively poor area the other restaurants are in towns that are comfortably middle class. I think he's doing OK.

He's got four restaurants, a guesthouse, self catering accommodation, gift shop/deli & a cookery school in Cornwall, another four restaurants in the UK & places in Australia. He's obviously kept the business within the family rather than going down the franchise route & even though Padstow is a relatively poor area the other restaurants are in towns that are comfortably middle class. I think he's doing OK.

Spot on. It's more Rick Stein Endorsement than Rick Stein's Kitchen. You'd hope he'd be hesitant to allow his name to be used on substandard products but he wouldn't be the first person to fall into that trap.

I loved the show. I do like Rick Stein in his more mature years and I love all his TV programmes and have most of his books - which I use. I did buy a couple of things last night but I thought they could have done just two cooking demos and shown a few more of the items. I hope he's back on soon but each to their own.

CC

Perhaps the much younger thing(she worked on his shows), he dumped his wife for costs more to keep?

Chalky the dog that appeared on his shows was actually his wife's dog, not his.

I loved the show. I do like Rick Stein in his more mature years and I love all his TV programmes and have most of his books - which I use. I did buy a couple of things last night but I thought they could have done just two cooking demos and shown a few more of the items. I hope he's back on soon but each to their own.

CC

It was good that he got the chance to do a full recipe demo. And what a welcome contrast he is to the insufferably conceited Andi Peters! I can't eat mussels any more, sadly, but it looked delicious.

Perhaps he’s going to publish a cookery book in time for Christmas and wants to remind people who he is, so they recognise his face on the book cover in Smiths and buy it.

Rick Stein's "Coves of Cornwall" range of tableware and kitchenware launched summer 2017 ans been in John Lewis and elsewhere for ages. I really like the design of the crockery but because it has his name attached, it's over priced!

Only reason I know about it, is I have a friend linked to Falmouth Uni which is where he sourced the designs from (competition for art/design students) - so he didn't even design it!

You can read about it here on his website...
https://www.rickstein.com/rick-steins-coves-of-cornwall-collection/

Apparently Rick lives in Australia now with his young wife?!
Oh and one of his chef sons has a cookbook out..

And that's the end of my Rick Stein goss! ;)
Apologies for any inaccuracies..!

Continuing the culinary theme the Q's introducing a new show called The Weekend Kitchen on Saturdays during September. Two chefs I've never heard of will create recipes using food sold on the channel, I can't imagine how this will work because the majority of stuff they sell is prepared so apart from chopping up a few brownies & stirring them into a pot of Easijo what will they do?

I'll have a look at this show and see what's what. I liked Andi Peters when the Food Fest first started and then he just took over, was a bit OTT with the guests and it was all about him. I stopped watching him.

I ordered some of the Rick Stein items last Friday and they are "in process" so I guess they are coming direct and not from QVC's warehouse. I don't recall them saying that at the time.

CC

Latest posts

Back