Dire Kim n Co

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

spartacus

Registered Shopper
Flicked to qvc for the first time in ages - Clare and Carla's outfits are dreadful. Awful prints

Sometimes I think Kimmy is probs Off her face when she does these prints... That would fit with all the jiggling/hopping/squealing stuff.... on our telly .lol!

Does she have some kind of "condition" that Kim woman? She is either off her face on something, or was born with some affliction?

Kim's Off the Wall Behaviour

I hope it's not true about Kim's cancer. Her behaviour, however, has always seemed so OTT fake. Sickening, really. Who is she kidding? Has she had lessons on how to appear cute and irresistible? Is she taking stimulants? Her bizarre body language and sudden, out of the blue squeals/giggles repeat themselves in her loud, obnoxious prints. Also, do jumpsuits really look good on everyone? I doubt it.

Perhaps she’s ‘just’ very nervous ?

Or perhaps she`s just one slice short of a full loaf ? It`s common amongst Q guest presenters, the 2 Camouflage women are nuts, Antthony plays in the toy box and dresses up as a Thunderbird or wears his tinfoil outfit like one of those aliens from the Smash instant mashed potato advert, Simon Wilson dresses as if he`s being eaten alive by zombies with his shiny shirts and skeletons, plus he looks like a skeleton which has been dug up, Lennie ( God love him ! ) was one stop from being a full cabaret act and the Quacker guy plays with a rubber duck and that`s just to mention a few of them.

Perhaps she’s ‘just’ very nervous ?

In one of the promo videos Kim said how shy she was.If this is true it would explain her giggly non stop words, keep talking Kim presentation?That said I still can’t watch her for any period of time.In her defence she does know her products, HOWEVER I am now not one of her customers.

Or perhaps she`s just one slice short of a full loaf ? It`s common amongst Q guest presenters, the 2 Camouflage women are nuts, Antthony plays in the toy box and dresses up as a Thunderbird or wears his tinfoil outfit like one of those aliens from the Smash instant mashed potato advert, Simon Wilson dresses as if he`s being eaten alive by zombies with his shiny shirts and skeletons, plus he looks like a skeleton which has been dug up, Lennie ( God love him ! ) was one stop from being a full cabaret act and the Quacker guy plays with a rubber duck and that`s just to mention a few of them.

Indeed, when you put it like that........they'd fit in to the cast of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's nest....!

Shyness does make you go a bit OTT when you put on your "false face". I do it all the time because I get so nervous of meeting new people. Kim just talks and talks and talks but she does know her stuff. I do think the designs have gone a little downhill though. The things I bought years ago are far superior to what's on offer now. I agree the prints are wild!

CC

I've never bought any of Kim's clothing as it's not my style, but she still shows up unlike other former guests who now send minions because they can't be bothered and she always has a great knowledge of the products whilst others seem to have never seen the item before going on air.

Oh so true ! and I cant believe they let the Camouflage women on air they're so batty, always tetchy and arguing with one another, and seem to have lost the grasp of reality let alone run a business.

Speaking as someone who's suffered from mental health problems and at the hands of others who were mentally ill; I don't like the fast and loose misappropriation of madness epithets for comic effect.

That said it's the on air foibles of the larger than life QVC personnel that entertain me. :grin:

I know, I know; I'm raining :rain: on everyone's free-speech parade...I'll be under a rock in a tin hat if anyone wants me! :bandit::mysmilie_854::mysmilie_850:

Speaking as someone who's suffered from mental health problems and at the hands of others who were mentally ill; I don't like the fast and loose misappropriation of madness epithets for comic effect.

That said it's the on air foibles of the larger than life QVC personnel that entertain me. :grin:

I know, I know; I'm raining :rain: on everyone's free-speech parade...I'll be under a rock in a tin hat if anyone wants me! :bandit::mysmilie_854::mysmilie_850:

Well said :flower:

Oh I do think selly telly makes you more accepting of the bizarre and after a time you become immune to the odd behaviour. I`ve never seen sales assistants talk about teddy bears as if they`re real or someone throw fairy dust at me or shriek and clap their hands like a sea lion whilst trying to sell me mascara, not to mention dress up as a thunderbird or almost hyperventilate like Kimmy when describing a pair of trousers and so on. Plus the only other place I`ve seen sales assistants bellow like market traders is well ummm, on a market !
Selly telly and its presenters, guests and frequently its products are all odd to say the least but to those of us who watch it then it becomes a normal kind of odd. In a totally different environment people would be swerving to avoid or calling for the emergency services.

Oh so true ! and I cant believe they let the Camouflage women on air they're so batty, always tetchy and arguing with one another, and seem to have lost the grasp of reality let alone run a business.

Does anyone actually buy their stuff? Seems really overpriced & I bet it's much smaller in real life.... Does look pretty though....I bet someone here knows of good/cheaper options...

I've bought a couple of the open-topped boxes from their outlet section on the Camouflage website Here. They work well in my airing cupboard so I'm not met with an avalanche of sheets and towels when I open the door; the tall pink gingham one is in DD's bedroom as a laundry basket. I have this in my bedroom with all my beauty stuff on it so while we've been selling our house I can clear the dressing table in seconds and slide the tray under the bed. Everything folds flat so will store easily when not in use.

I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives; the fabric is like those large zip-topped check pattern laundry bags, but thicker. The reinforcements mean they keep their shape. I don't think I'd buy at the full price though. Some of the sale items arrived labelled up for the German QVC market.

The sisters may come across as eccentric (mind you my sister and I might come across the same on air!) but they and Kim have had an idea and run with it and seem to be successful. Simon Wilson is another prime example. - We may dislike his manner or their various products but there's no questioning any of their business acuity.

I've bought a couple of the open-topped boxes from their outlet section on the Camouflage website Here. They work well in my airing cupboard so I'm not met with an avalanche of sheets and towels when I open the door; the tall pink gingham one is in DD's bedroom as a laundry basket. I have this in my bedroom with all my beauty stuff on it so while we've been selling our house I can clear the dressing table in seconds and slide the tray under the bed. Everything folds flat so will store easily when not in use.

I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives; the fabric is like those large zip-topped check pattern laundry bags, but thicker. The reinforcements mean they keep their shape. I don't think I'd buy at the full price though. Some of the sale items arrived labelled up for the German QVC market.

The sisters may come across as eccentric (mind you my sister and I might come across the same on air!) but they and Kim have had an idea and run with it and seem to be successful. Simon Wilson is another prime example. - We may dislike his manner or their various products but there's no questioning any of their business acuity.
:mysmilie_502: This is a great post & very helpful. I've got three of their zipped square chests, they are in the wardrobe in the spare room & contain my winter clothes during the summer & vice versa. I've also got the washbag & I really rate it because it has a firm edge & is perfect for my straighteners & brushes when going away. I've always been a 'place for everything, everything in its place' person so love storage & years ago bought Space Bags from the Q, I was really happy with them until one burst open in the middle of the night, I must have heard the hissing while dreaming & I thought I was being eaten by a snake.

I read somewhere she is receiving treatment for cancer.

That's awful & I hope she makes a full recovery - the illness is very close to home at present. I know that Diane Gilman is receiving treatment for breast cancer & hasn't been seen on any selly telly channels for some time.

I've just bought some excellent foldaway /collapsible storage boxes with windows from Amazon. So good that I sent for another set.

Latest posts

Back