MarlaWynne TSV 21/09/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

From what I can see in those small pre-view pics, I’m going to be underwhelmed.

Sleeves fit for an orang-utan again ! fabric sleeves can be shortened, but cant do bugger all with knitteds. And I hate sleeve cuffs that sit in the middle of my palm - I'm not 9 years old.

Sleeves fit for an orang-utan again ! fabric sleeves can be shortened, but cant do bugger all with knitteds. And I hate sleeve cuffs that sit in the middle of my palm - I'm not 9 years old.

The models are generally very tall and even on them they are far too long, so on me at 4ft 11ins tall I wouldn't need to wear any gloves this winter. It's a definite no from me and probably stupidly expensive anyway!

The Q have shown this style of jumper a few times recently - v neck with a flat bottom. It's a sort of cricket meets preppy look & will look perfect dressed down with the sports lux footwear & leg hugging trousers so loved by all the presenters OR dressed up with white ankle boots & a lace pencil skirt. Sorry, one glass too many at anniversary & birthday lunch :drunk:

The Q have shown this style of jumper a few times recently - v neck with a flat bottom. It's a sort of cricket meets preppy look & will look perfect dressed down with the sports lux footwear & leg hugging trousers so loved by all the presenters OR dressed up with white ankle boots & a lace pencil skirt. Sorry, one glass too many at anniversary & birthday lunch :drunk:

Oooooh, big birthday ????

Yes I agree, the presenters clearly are told what to do by their paymasters, but their regular audience are not of an age where 'sports-luxe' is their preferred choice of outerwear. Its the same with the fashion pages in weekend supplements - all geared to a teen and twenty market place, yet I don't know of anyone under 30 who can actually read ? (sorry, that's unkind, meant to say 'who actually reads the papers).

Oooooh, big birthday ????

Yes I agree, the presenters clearly are told what to do by their paymasters, but their regular audience are not of an age where 'sports-luxe' is their preferred choice of outerwear. Its the same with the fashion pages in weekend supplements - all geared to a teen and twenty market place, yet I don't know of anyone under 30 who can actually read ? (sorry, that's unkind, meant to say 'who actually reads the papers).

We are both 60 this year, have been married for 40 years & our younger daughter, whose birthday is on Tuesday, had her first baby in May so lunch for 4 + a bundle of love in a buggy. I live for the moment, enjoy simple & spontaneous get togethers & today was lovely. It's been an emotional week with a wedding followed by a confirmnation of a terminal condition. Rubbishing grotty fashions, over priced gadgets & sound bites is light relief, reading about the lives of others & feeling their kindness is a delight.

quite gross and you can imagine on the larger sizes they will grade up the sleeves widthwise and lengthwise hardly a premium look

Many of the knits on offer, appear to be of 'market stall' quality, especially the cardigans with acrylic in them. Oh so thin at the bottom edge, so imagine the creases when you sit down !

I suppose depending where you live in the UK, but its many years since I've felt anything like 'bitterly' cold, aside from one or two days, so cardies and thick sweaters are not a necessity in my household.

MarlaWynne Rib Detail V-Neck Jumper
Item Number: 173800
QVC Price £82.00
Todays Special Value Price £49.96
P&P £4.95

A lightweight knitted jumper from MarlaWynne featuring long sleeves, a V-neckline and a ribbed, curved hemline and cuffs. Flattering and easy to wear, this stylish design is perfect for cooler weather.

Wear it your way - this contemporary design will fit easily into your autumn/ winter wardrobe. Try it with jeans, leggings or trousers paired with your favourite trainers for effortless casual style.

Colours of the season - offered in six great autumnal shades, choose from the warm tones of Butterscotch, Scarlet Red, Caramel or Blush and core staples Navy or Oatmeal Heather.

60% cotton, 40% viscose
Hand wash cold

Colour options:

Oatmeal Heather
Scarlet Red
Navy
Caramel
Blush
Butterscotch

Garment measurements:

Chest: XS: 89cm (35"), S: 94cm (37"), M: 99cm (39"), L: 107cm (42"), XL: 114cm (45"), 2XL: 131cm (51.5"), 3XL: 141cm (55.5")
Length: XS - S: 69.5cm (27.3"), M - L: 73.5cm (28.8"), XL: 77cm (30.5"), 2XL - 3XL: 79cm (31.3")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.173800

I bought a light weight jumper almost identical to this for minding the grandkiddies in colder weather, mind you I did only pay £14.99 for it though, same material, free postage :mysmilie_3:

I bought a light weight jumper almost identical to this for minding the grandkiddies in colder weather, mind you I did only pay £14.99 for it though, same material, free postage :mysmilie_3:

That’s about the price level for this MW offering.Haven’t seen it live on air but from photos it is hardly attractive.Looks thin & floppy & what is this with the sleeve length?Is this Marla’s ‘signature’ sleeves covering your hands?

Looks better on air but not worth the TSV price never mind the Full price.Mainly cotton so I would think
s t r e t c h.

That’s about the price level for this MW offering.Haven’t seen it live on air but from photos it is hardly attractive.Looks thin & floppy & what is this with the sleeve length?Is this Marla’s ‘signature’ sleeves covering your hands?

I bought mine from Ideal World, they tend to do three quarter length sleeves (which my viscose jumper was) so if you do have a bigger bust or need a bigger size, the sleeves aren't dragging the floor. I agree, I don't get why "designers" feel covering your hands is what most people want in their tops, apart from them being totally impractical, it just looks daft.

It's so thin, sorry fine, the back of the set could be seen through it when they were taking them off the rail. The sleeves didn't look too long on Marla & Ms Kabler, who may have both long arms, but all the models had them pushed up & there were lots of folds so I predict soggy sleeves which drive me mad. No idea why I've looked at it in depth but just had to add my two penn'orth.

I dont like the quality for the money and the fit is awful. I like the balloon dresses but I have to do adjustments to make them look good. quite major ones.

For some strange reason it seems to be selling. For 50 quid I`d expect something special, not an oversized see through needing to be handwashed in cold water, plain and uninteresting style of jumper. It reminds me of my school jumpers when I began secondary school in the early 1960`s. We had V neck navy jumpers and we`d deliberately stretch them to make them longer and pull the sleeves over our hands a la Sloppy Joe style.

Latest posts

Back