Household Helpers with Shark TSV 22/09/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm thinking of getting a new vacuum cleaner; we're moving to a bigger house soon so maybe my Vax cordless won't clean the whole house on one charge.

Shark seems a popular brand but I only bought the Vax as a stop-gap when my 20 year old Oreck finally gave up the ghost. Anyone got any feedback on sharks? Or should I buy another Oreck?

I've got this one: https://sharkclean.eu/uk/product/sh...ick-vacuum-flexology-true-pet-model-hv390ukt/
I think it is the best vac I've ever had! (previously had over past 20 years or so Panasonic upright, Dyson upright, Gtech Airram, and a Henry)
The Shark is very easy to use, comes apart and puts back together really easily for emptying, cleaning brush bar, etc. I love how it folds up so small for storage! It's also powerful enough to cope with the hairy Spaniel and the cat.

I bought a Shark Powerhead £89 as a stop gap whilst I decided what to buy 18 months later still using it Knocks Dyson Hoover and Electrolux into a cocked hat I have large hairy dogs and it copes better than anything I've ever used My only complaint is it has no attachment to buy for stairs but the price reflects this A friend has the lift away model which she recommends too!!

Shark DuoClean Corded Vacuum with True Pet & Flexology
Item Number: 807524
QVC Price £250.00
Todays Special Value Price £199.96
P&P £0.00

This DuoClean TruePet Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner from Shark comes in a chic rose gold tone and boasts a DuoClean double brush roll design that works to remove both small and large dust particles and debris in your home, plus a motorised TruePet tool that's designed to tackle stubborn pet hair on your floors and furnishings. With a 10 meter cord for incredible reach and range, plus Flexology technology for easy manoeuvrability and storage, this compact cleaner makes light work of time-consuming clean-ups.

*A great saving: If you were to buy this vacuum with accessories directly from Shark you’d pay £299.97. So to get them for our Today’s Special Value price of just £199.98, is an outstanding saving of £99.99.

The power of DuoClean - the clever double brush roll design effortlessly removes different types of dirt from both carpets and hard floors, banishing small and large debris in a single pass, and lifting stubborn, stuck-on layers of dust in no time at all.

Total versatility - as well as superb floor cleaning, this clever stick vacuum converts to a powerful handheld machine, great for stairs, soft furnishings and even your car, plus the range of handy tools and easy emptying dirt compartment mean you can take on any task.

Flexology technology - with one click, the flexi-wand bends so you don't have to, while swivel steering enhances manoeuvrability, helping you to reach tight corners and under furniture with ease. To store your cleaner, simply fold down the flexi-wand and you're ready to put away your compact, free-standing machine anywhere you wish.

What's in the box?

1 x DuoClean Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner
1 x crevice tool
1 x dusting brush
1 x motorised pet tool
1 x extended reach kit
1 x multi angle dusting brush

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.807524

I didn't hear him say that front roller was patented. He used to always start with that. But I see the Dyson V10 has a similar roller. Have Dyson done something naughty, or was it patent pending and didn't come to anything. Not that it's important, I'm just curious.

The TSV is the same model I have, and it is a good buy as although it is the same price on the Shark website, you get the multi angle dust brush and the extended reach kit, which I didn't get when I bought mine direct from Shark.

Free p&p swung it, so I've ordered to try it for a month and get them to collect it if it isn't right for us. DD has waist-length hair which is the ultimate test for any vacuum, never mind the cat hair!

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated!

Shark arrived and set up as a floor vac to break the news to Mr Akimbo - so far the plus points include great suction, very quiet and the on switch doesn't need to be held down (as the Dyson does); with arthritis in my hands that would be deal breaker. So far the weight being in the handle doesn't seem to bother me. It came with lots of attachments which seem fairly robust - tomorrow is "a nozzle day"!

i wish I had bought one now as my Dyson is quite heavy for me. I will watch out for the next offer on a Shark.

I'm not a huge fan of cleaning but I'm very pleased with this so far. More efficient than my cordless Vax (stop-gap)vacuum but I'll use that for upstairs when we move house as it works best on carpet. The downstairs of the new house has wooden floors and the shark is great for picking up dust bunnies from our current house's hard floors, with a good dusting action from the fluffy roller. I still haven't used all the attachments yet - mainly because the house is full of boxes and stuff to donate to charity shops. Also it's very quiet! So far so good!

i wish I had bought one now as my Dyson is quite heavy for me. I will watch out for the next offer on a Shark.

Me too. I have a corded Dyson which is good but it is a lumbering great thing and hard to move around. Carrying it upstairs is impossible for me. My cordless Dyson has gone, I never thought it was that good and I will also watch out for a Shark.

CC

Latest posts

Back