Molton Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I found my favourite Samphire in the MB outlet shop, £14 each, so bought 4 bottles :mysmilie_500:

Okay, who remembers when the MB bath products used to be £12?

It was when the Japanese company bought them out years back and they pulled from QVC suddenly the prices went up. I always thought MB got lost they renamed products a number of times very comfusing for customers. Got rid of some then brought them back for them to disappear again. Walk into one of their shops and suddenly a product was gone for good. They never said the product was being discontinued. I loved their Sea Moss Bath Soak and one day it was just gone!

i remember buying them when they were £9 for 300ml & even when they did the 500ml i paid £9 from house of fraser & i still got the bottle

I dislike perfumed handwashes and bodywashes though I used to buy the ABC bodywash when my youngest son still lived with me but the smell from that soon faded so it wasn`t too bad. I find perfumed handwash makes my hands itch and I`d rather a bodywash had a neutral smell so as not to compete with my perfume.

Have they changed the formulation so they aren't charging premium prices for sodium laureth sulfate?

I don't buy hand wash, bath foam, liquid soap, shower gel eff if it contains any SLS or similar (ammonium laureth sulfate, for example). This stuff is cheap as chips, is a harsh industrial degreaser, known skin irritant and I object to it being portrayed as luxury.

Okay, who remembers when the MB bath products used to be £12?

It was when the Japanese company bought them out years back and they pulled from QVC suddenly the prices went up. I always thought MB got lost they renamed products a number of times very comfusing for customers. Got rid of some then brought them back for them to disappear again. Walk into one of their shops and suddenly a product was gone for good. They never said the product was being discontinued. I loved their Sea Moss Bath Soak and one day it was just gone!
I am a Sea Moss fan too, I managed to get a few in an outlet store recently. I was told they may bring it back but not in the near future,

I would not pay the prices of MB and other so called premium brands for something that just goes down the drain. I use various off the shelf products but my favourite hand wash is from Aldi it’s less than a pound and smells so fresh and clean. The lemony one is a favourite of ours.

I would not pay the prices of MB and other so called premium brands for something that just goes down the drain. I use various off the shelf products but my favourite hand wash is from Aldi it’s less than a pound and smells so fresh and clean. The lemony one is a favourite of ours.

Agreed. :mysmilie_3:

I loved MB in the distant past, when we got a great tsv at christmas time, when they disappeared from qvc I went on to Australian body wash and I will not go back to MB. I have bought some good deals from the MB website as presents, they have some good sales at times.

Yeah molton brown nice stuff for sure but Aldi does me mostly ... and Bayliss and Harding .. I like any bargain dupe but also will have a treat with the real stuff when pennies allow
You pay for the name really ..... just like the “Tesco “
Own comrnflakes etc ... just the same but got their own name instead of Kellogg’s or others ....

Latest posts

Back