Merely incompetent or outright lying? You decide... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
    That is so cringey, he never used to do it with Caroline but he's got her on it now. He intro'd them both last night off camera and he trumped her supposed Garrard credentials with his invented BAFTA award.......more cringe
    Caroline and the Garrard thing has always interested me. She usually gets in 'I was so lucky....I worked at the Crown Jewellers, Garrards...' in the first 2 minutes of the show. But I can't believe that Garrards haven't got wind of their ex-employee (however transient and junior her employment was) trying to use their name to burnish her credentials and do a bit of Classical Conditioning with IW's shite watches.

And, supposing that Garrards do know about Caroline and her antics, I wonder if, in fact, there is anything they can do about it? I suspect not. If she is telling the truth, (and she's been saying it too regularly for too long for it not to be true) then I suppose it's just a statement of fact - just so long as she restricts her comments to statements of fact regarding her previous employment and doesn't suggest any connexion between IW's products and Garrard's ones.

I also can't remember Caroline being specific about the nature of her employment at Garrard's. The assumption is that she worked with the jewellery, but it could well have been a short, targeted marketing campaign or some other marketing/advertising role, far removed from the shop and the sparkles.

Despite there being no overlap between Ideal World and Garrard's customers, they must find it deeply objectionable to be even be mentioned on such a tawdry, low-rent organisation as Ideal World.
    Likes Wirral70 , Retrovertigo , aqua liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    Plus with the blue T34 watch you got a leather document case that Kevski reckons was worth around 500 to 600 .

Post Thanks / Like

How many bluddy watches does a person need?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craftalot View Post
    Caroline and the Garrard thing has always interested me. She usually gets in 'I was so lucky....I worked at the Crown Jewellers, Garrards...' in the first 2 minutes of the show. But I can't believe that Garrards haven't got wind of their ex-employee (however transient and junior her employment was) trying to use their name to burnish her credentials and do a bit of Classical Conditioning with IW's shite watches.

And, supposing that Garrards do know about Caroline and her antics, I wonder if, in fact, there is anything they can do about it? I suspect not. If she is telling the truth, (and she's been saying it too regularly for too long for it not to be true) then I suppose it's just a statement of fact - just so long as she restricts her comments to statements of fact regarding her previous employment and doesn't suggest any connexion between IW's products and Garrard's ones.

I also can't remember Caroline being specific about the nature of her employment at Garrard's. The assumption is that she worked with the jewellery, but it could well have been a short, targeted marketing campaign or some other marketing/advertising role, far removed from the shop and the sparkles.

Despite there being no overlap between Ideal World and Garrard's customers, they must find it deeply objectionable to be even be mentioned on such a tawdry, low-rent organisation as Ideal World.
    Indeed Craftalot, Caroline Garrard never says what she actually did ‘at’ The Royal Jewellers.

It got me thinking. A Hospital Cleaner could say they work in the Medical Profession, I suppose?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wirral70 View Post
    Indeed Craftalot, Caroline Garrard never says what she actually did ‘at’ The Royal Jewellers.

It got me thinking. A Hospital Cleaner could say they work in the Medical Profession, I suppose?
    Exactly - and a receptionist could work in 'Financial Services'.
    Likes Muttley , Wirral70 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by Craftalot View Post
    Exactly - and a receptionist could work in 'Financial Services'.
    From working at The Royal Jewellers to shilling this tatt on Ideal World.

Life’s a biatch, innit?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5236895D-BC61-4784-9BC2-C5DA85CB5AB5.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	16099Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAF789B3-41EA-44BC-8446-28CA5189C363.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	16100

Likes Craftalot , Dave liked this post