Advent Calendars on Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
I like the M&S advent calendars with a good selection of quality brands. My nephew usually buys it for me (prompted by his Mum !)

Tempted by the Decleor one but it's £80 and the last one I bought had really tiny sizes behind many of the doors. I did expect that but some were too small to see what they were. Probably still got half of it at the bottom of my stash box. Does look nice though.

CC

Tempted by the Decleor one but it's £80 and the last one I bought had really tiny sizes behind many of the doors. I did expect that but some were too small to see what they were. Probably still got half of it at the bottom of my stash box. Does look nice though.

CC

the contents are listed

1 x Essential Cleansing Milk (10ml)
1 x Hydra Floral eye contour (15ml)
1 x Aromessence Neroli Amara (1ml)
1 x Prolagene Lift & Day Cream (5ml)
1 x Hydra Floral Hydrating Fluid (15ml)
1 x Hydra Floral Mask (15ml)
1 x Hydra Floral Light Cream (30ml)
1 x Aromessence Lavendula Iris (5ml)
1 x 3-in-1 foam (15ml)
1 x Hydra Floral BB Cream (15ml)
1 x Aromessence Hydrating Night Balm (2.5ml)
1 x Phytopeel (50ml)
1 x Aroma Lisse Contour Yeux (2.5ml)
1 x Satin Softening Dry Oil (5ml)
1 x Aromessence Svelt (5ml)
1 x Moisturing Body Milk (50ml)
1 x Aroma Cleanse Tonifying Lotion (10ml)
1 x Aromessence Baume Iris (2.5ml)
1 x Masque Flash Lift Fermete (5ml)
1 x Hydra Floral White Petal Sleeping Mask (5ml)
1 x Alguaromes (50ml)
1 x Aurabsolu Intense Glow for eyes (2.5ml)
1 x 1000 Grain Body Exfoliator (50ml)

but that mad beauty one is from last year

Body Shop have launched their Advent Calendars online www.bodyshop.com/en-gb/
£45 with an owl on the front 24 Days of the Enchanted Advent calendar
£65 with a deer on the front 25 Days of the Enchanted Deluxe Advent calendar
£99 with a fox on the front 25 Days of the Enchanted Ultimate Advent calendar

I know a lot of people on here don’t rate them, but I’m definitely getting the Joe & Seph calendar. A friend of mine is a massive fan of their popcorn so it can be part of her birthday present in November

the contents are listed

1 x Essential Cleansing Milk (10ml)
1 x Hydra Floral eye contour (15ml)
1 x Aromessence Neroli Amara (1ml)
1 x Prolagene Lift & Day Cream (5ml)
1 x Hydra Floral Hydrating Fluid (15ml)
1 x Hydra Floral Mask (15ml)
1 x Hydra Floral Light Cream (30ml)
1 x 3-in-1 foam (15ml)
1 x Hydra Floral BB Cream (15ml)
1 x Aromessence Hydrating Night Balm (2.5ml)
1 x Phytopeel (50ml)
1 x Aroma Lisse Contour Yeux (2.5ml)
1 x Satin Softening Dry Oil (5ml)
1 x Aromessence Svelt (5ml)
1 x Moisturing Body Milk (50ml)
1 x Aroma Cleanse Tonifying Lotion (10ml)
1 x Aromessence Baume Iris (2.5ml)
1 x Masque Flash Lift Fermete (5ml)
1 x Hydra Floral White Petal Sleeping Mask (5ml)
1 x Alguaromes (50ml)
1 x Aurabsolu Intense Glow for eyes (2.5ml)
1 x 1000 Grain Body Exfoliator (50ml)

but that mad beauty one is from last year

It was on air just recently

Having ultra sensitive skin I don’t try any beauty products away from the very few items I know won’t cause problems so probably shouldn’t make a comment but is it just me or are the prices, for what basically samples, eye watering ?

I like the M&S advent calendars with a good selection of quality brands. My nephew usually buys it for me (prompted by his Mum !)

What a lovely sister/nephew you have. Wishing you & Eric a adventastic festive season

CC

I think It's really expensive...

Having ultra sensitive skin I don’t try any beauty products away from the very few items I know won’t cause problems so probably shouldn’t make a comment but is it just me or are the prices, for what basically samples, eye watering ?

I certainly think so, & so do my eyes, with decleor/lorea'ls perfume additives.

I think we pay a premium for the advent packaging/box, plus prices are always high with a Christmas item that sells well

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to order the popcorn Advent Calendar, we had a sample in a calendar two or three years ago and especially my fiancé loved it. So thanks a lot!

These Mad Beauty sets were launched around October/November 2107. They look like those cheap Xmas sets stacked up in the entrance to Debenhams in the run up to Christmas with 70% off in the January sales. QVC on the other hand clings to their weird over-pricing structure until Christmas in July roll around again. There was a Margaret Dabbs Nail polish in festive packaging in last clicks until fairly recently with only a few quid discount.

The Decleor set is padded out with sample sizes.

I don`t buy into the beauty advent calendar thing but I know a lot of people do. All Beauty have got the 2018 Decleor one on sale at £80 but its free delivery and if you register with the site they`ll send you an email when they have their discount days which is usually 20% off. If the Decleor one is what you want then its worth keeping an eye on their website.
https://www.allbeauty.com/gb/en/119...ust-want-to-glow-advent-calendar-worth-241-00

The details state ‘not suitable for vegetarians’ (duh ?) No mention of vegans, so CHuntley will be ok with it.

When I told Mr L about her going vegan he reckons she thinks you can only eat food starting with a “V”. As you can tell he thinks she is a total bin lid.

Latest posts

Back