Our 'Resident Beauty Expert' in the Daily Mail

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! My life has now been shattered, NOT!!!:mysmilie_19:

Never forget when QVC started selling Prescriptives and suddenly AY announced she had been using one of their face creams for years oh, and their perfume too.

So DM come and flash the cash and AY is out there in the real world recommending products(or do we really know she is down in Aldi every week buying their branded beauty products?:mysmilie_50::mysmilie_8::mysmilie_17:).

PMSL at the advice on makeup, we have seen her on the screen so she must ignore her own advice.

Many of us have previously said we doubt AY and other presenters use everything they say they do from QVC. I`d love to be a fly on their bathroom walls and see what they actually buy. At the end of the day they`re there to sell and people swallow the hype and believe them. I bet AY is being sponsored by the companies she mentions in this Daily Mail article too.

Wayne Goss did a video about the beauty vloggers and the wall of products they have behind them. He quite rightly said it was just for show and to make their followers think I need all these too. He went on most would be out of date and needed throwing out.:mysmilie_17:

It’s hard to think of anyone more qualified than Alison when it comes to beauty. She has been a make-up artist to princesses and supermodels, was the youngest-ever head of training for Clarins, and advises a wide range of beauty companies.

Was she? From what I saw on the channel she is a rubbish make up artist.

The piece isn't even attributed to her, but written by some hack with her as a sort of 'interviewee'. Given the Daily Mail's abysmal record for accurate reporting, fact checking and bias (including advertisers essentially paying for content) I think it's impossible to say who's recommending what, and who paid for which products to be appear.

She probably uses No7 and an old pot of Pond's Cold Cream.

At last some sound advice from Alison but I'm so livid at her selling tactics on QVC after reading this article. Not to say that I was impressed before.

I wasn't going to take a paper with me when I go out later, but I must read this. I shall be.on the look out for non QVC items!!!! I see in the pic that of her seven key items, 6 are on Q but she has Garnier micellar water. The paper must have forced that on her as she doesn't like DHS versions of the Decleor and Elemis ones, does she? However, I am pleased to see that she has included shimmer brick, just to please maymorganlondon. :grin:

Was she? From what I saw on the channel she is a rubbish make up artist.

That's what I thought reading that .... Every time I've seen her demo's have come away thinking how on earth had she made a living doing it as she is always talking about private clients ....

I think the 'make up artist' is a loose description. 'to supermodels' has to be a lie.
This is the Daily Mail remember.

I seen her on "Beauty Insider" the other day, the resident beauty presenter (her real title) was applying bareMinerals Original foundation to a model, and did she "swirl, tap, buff"? did she buggery, she went at it like she was painting a wall, mind you though, this is the "expert" who refuses to call Flora Mar-a by its right name, instead she calls it Flora Mer-a yes, even after Axel has said Mar-a at least twenty times, so as we all know, AY calls the shots, if she says black is white, they all nod and agree.

Recommending products that can be found on supermarket shelves and on the dreaded high street.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...n-spends-180k-beauty-products-NEVER-uses.html

I see again, the resident beauty expert won't smile because of her teeth. I'm not knocking wonky teeth don't get me wrong, not in the slightest, but you wouldn't get a hair cut by a hairdresser with a bad hair cut, or get your nails done by a nail technician whose nails are bitten to the quick so what I mean is, her she is, the face of beauty yet the unable to smile because she doesn't like her teeth.

I don’t think they buy from DHS. Why would they when they get more freebies than they could ever use especially when we know it is all down to packaging. You would only go to DHS if you were using your own money and looking for best value for your buck.

I wasn't going to take a paper with me when I go out later, but I must read this. I shall be.on the look out for non QVC items!!!! I see in the pic that of her seven key items, 6 are on Q but she has Garnier micellar water. The paper must have forced that on her as she doesn't like DHS versions of the Decleor and Elemis ones, does she? However, I am pleased to see that she has included shimmer brick, just to please maymorganlondon. :grin:

:mysmilie_520::mysmilie_11:Someone, not me, commented under the article that it was time for her to give it up. She went mad with it for the QVC beauty awards last week. She just looked like her face needed a good scrub as it looked grubby.

She's very much into horses, so perhaps she's an equine beauty therapist, y'know, of the My Little Pony variety.

I see again, the resident beauty expert won't smile because of her teeth. I'm not knocking wonky teeth don't get me wrong, not in the slightest, but you wouldn't get a hair cut by a hairdresser with a bad hair cut, or get your nails done by a nail technician whose nails are bitten to the quick so what I mean is, her she is, the face of beauty yet the unable to smile because she doesn't like her teeth.

Strange though it may seem, I sort of celebrate 'British' teeth. In a world of tippex veneers, it makes a change to see some individuality....celebrate our differences...or something like that.....

I actually remember a few years back(perhaps two?), it actually looked like she had a tooth missing? Now it might have been the red lipstick she insisted on wearing which she really did not suit her? If she does not like her teeth I am sure she has the money to get veneers or invisible braces.

I remember back in the early days of my watching QVC beauty shows and I am talking late 90s, she used to openly say on air she did not smile as it gave you wrinkles. Hate to tell you love but you get wrinkles whether you smile or not so you might as well smile and get them than have a face like a slapped arse and get them.

Strange though it may seem, I sort of celebrate 'British' teeth. In a world of tippex veneers, it makes a change to see some individuality....celebrate our differences...or something like that.....

Yes I couldn’t agree more, unless you’re on tv trying to get people to part with their money for beauty products, when you’re supposed to be the face of beauty/perfection. No one is perfect, but I’m not on tv trying to convince you that a £120 pot of cream will make you so.

Latest posts

Back